..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Sly 2 - Band of Thieves runs slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I'm new here. I have to say that PCSX2 is an amazing emulator! I can play a lot of games at full speed. I just have framerate problems with one game, Sly 2 - Band of Thieves. I have the original disk and I have created an ISO of it with ImgBurn. The version of the game is PAL (Europe) so its framerate is 50fps. I am in Chapter 1 and the game runs fine when I face the sky or the floor but when there are a lot of objects on the screen (such as houses) the framerate drops to about 30-40fps. I tried everything for boost the performance. I have switched to Software mode but it just made things worse. If I lower the resolution from 1300x1300 to Native or 256x256 the fps is the same and it doesn't speed up. VU Cycle Stealing creates graphical bugs and EE cyclerate doesn't do anything. Now I am using SuperVU (since it's faster than MicroVU), DirectX 11 (Hardware) and all the speedhacks are enabled. Is there a way to make this game run faster? I would appreciate any help. Sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian.
Post your system specs.
And post an image of your speedhacks tab. (please don't upload them on imgur.)
you won't get playable speeds with those specs.
Here are my system specs:
Laptop
Operative System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i5 3320M @ 2.60GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3 @ 798 MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (2GB)
(06-18-2014, 06:35 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]you won't get playable speeds with those specs.

Are you psychic? lol

As for OP, you should really get an upgrade because laptops aren't really recommended for emulation and your specs are quite weak.

Edit: @OP, can you post the emulog.txt?
(06-18-2014, 06:42 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you psychic? lol

As for OP, you should really get an upgrade because laptops aren't really recommended for emulation and your specs are quite weak.

No, the OP had his specs in his profile.

As for the OP, you can try the MTVU speedhack.
That's strange anyway because I can run ICO and God of War at very good speeds. I wonder if there are patches to disable some game effects like cell-shading. I think Sly would then run better.
(06-18-2014, 06:44 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]No, the OP had his specs in his profile.

Oh..
Now I feel stupid, lol

Quote:As for the OP, you can try the MTVU speedhack.

But OP has already turned MTVU on.

Quote:That's strange anyway because I can run ICO and God of War at very good speeds. I wonder if there are patches to disable some game effects like cell-shading. I think Sly would then run better.

Those are totally different games.
And no, there are no such patches.
OK, what a pity. Thanks for trying to help me anyway. I guess I should wait for a PCSX2 update then. Smile
What pcsx2 version are you using?
Pages: 1 2