..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Resolution problem with gsdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I attempt to change my resolution to something like 1280 x 720 it doesn't and decides to stay at 512 x 448. How do I fix this? It does it no matter what I change any of the settings to (resolution, aspect ratio, D3D internet res) and I want the resolution to be higher than that.
What the title bar shows is the game's native resolution. It won't change to what you set the resolution at.
The moment you uncheck 'native' in GSdx and set a custom resolution there,your game is running at the set resolution.
Do not mistake the internal resolution you set to the window size,these 2 are different settings
Alright, thanks. I'll post here again if I come across anything else I need to ask about.
(03-05-2009, 03:05 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]What the title bar shows is the game's native resolution. It won't change to what you set the resolution at.
The moment you uncheck 'native' in GSdx and set a custom resolution there,your game is running at the set resolution.
Do not mistake the internal resolution you set to the window size,these 2 are different settings

This doesn't make sense.

The two resolution settings don't actually change the resolution of the game itself? I understand the first resolution is for the window, but then what's the purpose of the "D3D Internal res:"?

Example:
Using GSDX10 I set Resolution to 1360x768. Then I set D3D Internal res: to the same. FF12 still runs at 512x448.

Nevermin. I took some screen shots of different D3D resolutions. Still don't understand why a 1360x768 wouldn't be as big as my desktop which is at 1360x768, but I do notice a change.
D3D Internal res especially for 3D games, make images less rough and elegant. 1024 by 1024 by default, the higher the smoother as well as slower, For instance on FFX-2. it's GPU consumed, you need a potent Video Card.

Always displayed native resolution on windows title, consider it temporarily switch to the D3D Internal res you set. Most likely transformation.
(07-19-2009, 04:32 PM)NeoFryBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2009, 03:05 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]What the title bar shows is the game's native resolution. It won't change to what you set the resolution at.

This doesn't make sense.

The two resolution settings don't actually change the resolution of the game itself? I understand the first resolution is for the window, but then what's the purpose of the "D3D Internal res:"?

Example:
Using GSDX10 I set Resolution to 1360x768. Then I set D3D Internal res: to the same. FF12 still runs at 512x448.

Nevermin. I took some screen shots of different D3D resolutions. Still don't understand why a 1360x768 wouldn't be as big as my desktop which is at 1360x768, but I do notice a change.

Repeating what Bositman already said...:

Internal resolution governs how sharp and clear the textures are. Lower values will result in a more pixelated image, higher values will make the image MUCH cleaner looking.