..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: gsdx on an i3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm not quite sure if gsdx is actually my problem here, but I've been trying to optimize pcsx2 so I can play Persona 4. I think that I have the wrong settings chosen for gsdx.

Specs:
Intel i3 2350M Dual Core, 4 threads
Intel HD Graphics Family (I know, it's vague)
4GB Memory

I know I can use up to SSE4.2 instructions, but none of the gsdx plugins are giving me a stable 60fps. I keep getting major dips when playing Persona 4. Any hints?

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have DirectX 11.
Your CPU is too slow. Simple as that.

Try enabling some speedhacks. Enable MTVU, set EE cycle rate hack to 2.

In GSDX, use the AVX one. Set native resolution.

This might get you close to full speed.
Yeah, 2.3Ghz isn't exactly amazing.

Your suggestions have gotten me a lot closer to a normal fps, but it's still not stable. It will jump from 50 to 65 really rapidly over and over in a row and it's pretty disorienting. Any way to make it more stable?
Try all the other Speed Hacks (but just forget about the VU Cycle Stealing-breaking more than helping) or you could try some frameskip
I don't recommend frameskip - it breaks things as much as VU cycle stealing.

You are about as close as you are gonna get, without breaking things.
For some reason, allowing 8-bit textures and using Direct3D 10 had a really good effect. It seems the fps dips were specifically related to the first dungeon and a couple of map areas.

Frameskipping absolutely wrecked the game. Nearly gave me a seizure with all that flashing. Seems to be working a lot better now, with only minor dips when initiating dialogue.
Oh yeah, 8 bit textures, that can speed up P4. I forgot that!