..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is my laptop good enough to run Kingdom Hearts 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I've been trying to play Kingdom Hearts 2.... but I think my Ps2 is dying. It's taking an usually long time to load sometimes and it keeps freezing in the scene with Master Yen Sen. The disc itself looks immaculate, so I was going to try a lens cleaner. If that doesn't work though, I'll try emulating instead. But before I waste my time trying, I wanna know if my computer even has a chance at running it. It's newish, but cheap. Not built for gaming. Weird thing is, it can run a lot of things it *supposedly* shouldn't.

Anyway, I think it'l be my processor that will stop me.

Intel® Core™ i3-3227U CPU @ 1.90GHZ
4.00gb ram.
Intel® HD Graphics 4000.
I'll put my foot down on this and put a definite "slow, but playable" stamp on that PC

(And I stand by that 100%)
Most likely it's not gonna do very well. That's an ultrabook processor, and a low end one too.

It's not hard to try, just rip your disc with IMGBURN.

Leave all settings default except since your system is so slow:

In config->emulation settings->speedhacks tab

Set EE cycle rate slider to 3.

Then give it a go. If that doesn't work, then try this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Low-end-P...0-settings
Alright, I'll give it ago. I'll update you whether it works or not Tongue

P.s

If all else fails and I cant fix my Ps2 or emulate one, well, they ARE cheap.
Is your PS2 fat or slim ? Does it make a nasty sound when reading the disc ?

Just asking, its always better to play on the original machine if your PC isnt quite up for the task Tongue
there is still open PS2 loader to play games from USB.
Your PS2 has to be softmodded through FreeMCBoot though.

KH2 should run fine on that laptop as long as you use speedhacks and don't go much further than native PS2 resolution.
I know that because I've tested it on the Surface Pro which has similar specs.
It's seems to be working so far. Now I gotta ask, does anyone have a PAL save for approximately when you first become Sora on Proud Difficulty? I'd hate to have to replay the 6 boring days of Roxas again, and I don't have a memcard, usb adapter thingy.
(06-27-2014, 03:11 AM)brandybratz Wrote: [ -> ]It's seems to be working so far. Now I gotta ask, does anyone have a PAL save for approximately when you first become Sora on Proud Difficulty? I'd hate to have to replay the 6 boring days of Roxas again, and I don't have a memcard, usb adapter thingy.

you can transfer your save data from your ps2 to your pc. You just need ulaunchelf and a flashdrive to grab the save file.

Just start ulaunchelf

navigate to your save file that is stored on your memory card.

hit r1 and select copy.

now navigate to your flashdrive and hit r1 again.

select psu paste and there you go.

to import the save file follow this tutorial.
I managed to download a suitable save file. Now... well, most of you said this game would run slow, but the speed seems optimal. Should I be worried about this dropping later on though or something? The game is visually inferior to how it should be playing, and there appears to be a few texture bugs. THe only real problem though is that the health bar is not showing. (It appears empty).
(06-27-2014, 06:44 AM)brandybratz Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to download a suitable save file. Now... well, most of you said this game would run slow, but the speed seems optimal. Should I be worried about this dropping later on though or something?

Yeah, The World That Never Was is pretty demanding.
Pages: 1 2