..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Lag Lag and more more Lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, The emulator is set up perfectly and works fine but...

I have a giant problem with the fps

The setting for the emulator were all left on defualt and i desiced to play
the game. when nothing was hapening and there was a black louding screen
it worked pretty well ranging from 40- 60 fps but when anything happened the fps dropped right down to 10 - 25 and you cant play a game like that

I have watched a bunch of vids on youtube saying how to fix it by changing my settings but none of them have been working for me and the farthest ive been able to maintain is 30 - 32 fps this is pretty frustrating becuase i am not a tech computer guy and i have no clue what any of those options are and all that I am just a guy who wants to play his childhood games again.

Thank you to everyone who responds to this and helps me fix my problems

(PS. I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this kinda thing this is my first post and I am new to the forums so sorry sorry sorry)

Thanks, Brandon Biggrin
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Ok sorry about that

Hardware specs-

Cpu - Im not sure entirly what specs you need for cpu...

Speed 1.07
Max Speed 1.60
Usage 25-40% aprox

and there are 4 cores

Memory -

maximum - 7.5 GB
Speed - 667 MH7
in use - 1.7 GB

Graphics Card - AMD radeon HD 7600G + HD 7550M Dual

Operating System - Windows 8 64 bit

PCSX2 version - 1.0.0

Non default settings - none

Game I Am trying to play - Ratchet and Clank Going Commando - ISO

Sorry if my information is Not what you needed if it is not please say so
Thanks again for your immediate response.
Im afraid you have picked one of the more demanding games and your CPU isn't up to the job at all. We recommend having at least a CPU roughly twice the max speed of yours (also in desktop form as i presume yours is a laptop at that speed, altho the graphics card setup confirms this), so im afraid you are never going to manage full speed on that computer Sad
Awe ok thanks for your answers.
This is a very demanding game that requires software rendering to fix some glitches as well.
I can run R&C 1 at full speed but only barely. I'm using a 4Ghz Core i5 CPU so this is roughly what's needed.
(Pretty much a gamer desktop pc with fast CPU.)