..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Gigaherz Dev9 Internet DC problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay so I get up Winpcap with the Dev9 driver and was able to play some online yesterday. But today when i go to play it When i load into the online portion and send out data my windows network adapter disconnect me from the internet and then i have to shut off pcsx2 to regain internet. The Ethernet Device in the config is set to pcap bridge:intel I210 Gigabit Network Connection. And from The First to the Second of July nothing on change on the computer. Dose Any body have any ideas on this issue.

This happens on any version of pcsx2 i have tried 1.0.0 and 1.2.1
Maybe you have a dns-problem?
What happens if you open cmd and type: "ping 8.8.8.8" or "ping 8.8.4.4" and compare it to "ping google.com"? (During having problems/no internet & pcsx2 is running)
Funny Story that's my DNS on the Comp and on PSCX2. Also here is the ping log, Results are not that surprising considering that the adapter loses connection when you you load in.

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
Can you ping your router if you have one?
I can ping it all day just not when the adapter disconnects.
Sorry I am a bit slow today.

Driver problems? Maybe check eventvwr (windows + r). Under windows/system hide/filter all events marked as information and only keep warning, alert...
Read what is written in the list. The network connection error should appear. Maybe there is more information written inside.
So there is 4 Information listings.
  1. The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service was successfully sent a stop control.

The reason specified was: 0x40030011 [Operating System: Network Connectivity (Planned)]

Comment: None
  2. The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the stopped state.
  3. Intel® I210 Gigabit Network Connection
    Network link has been established at 1Gbps full duplex.

4. The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the running state.

#1 deals with a power issue however this is a desktop and power settings are set to 11.
Only informations? No warnings?

Even if you are in high performance mode windows is allowed to disable some stuff (depending on the configuration)
Maybe you try the two steps mentioned in the answer to this question

Not sure if it helps but easy to test and to revert if it doesn't help.
There is a error but its about how windows cant connect to my NAS box after the adapter disconnects. But other than that nothing else of any use.
Other than trying the link I posted and reinstalling drivers I don't know what to do. Since you are at least to me the first person who observed this problem and it sounds odd I would think it is not entirely related to pcsx2 but more due to misconfiguration of your system. The Dev9 plugin just crashes something that is badly working.
Pages: 1 2