..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Discussing the possibilities of the "Perfect" rating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(07-09-2014, 03:34 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I think:

Perfect: Games that run as well in PCSX2 as they did on the original PS2 hardware, with minimal user configuration needed. These games will be free of bugs and graphical glitches. Software rendering may or may not be required.

Or something similar, I can't quite get the semantics in that to sound correct lol I've been up all night again and I'm tired.

Anyway, anything more than that is gonna complicate it too much.

Is the "run as well" line meant to indicate speed/FPS the same as on the PS2?

Did someone else bring up another requirement for the user to alter the settings besides the HW mode to SW mode and that prompts "minimal user configuration" vs something like "with the user at most only needing to change the rendering mode from the default settings"? Or perhaps that much is a bit too wordy?
1. Yes

2. It's the wordiness. First of all space is limited in the area this description will ultimately go. Also, there is SOME user configuration that has to be done the first time you run PCSX2, like choosing your BIOS and binding a controller or keyboard. So I was thinking of that too.
So has everything pretty much been cleared up on this issue regarding what will happen? Seems pretty close.
Can someone sum up the requirements agreed for a perfect rating? I've got some free time these days so I'll work on implementing it
Sorry for taking so long Tongue
Instead of a 6th star, just do a single larger star with exception icons like previously suggested.

- SR only
- High Requirements
- Needs cheat workaround

etc.
(12-18-2014, 08:23 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I did here before: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Discussin...#pid385725
I think, the requirements agreed for a perfect rating can be changed a little bit.
(12-21-2014, 02:18 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]I think, the requirements agreed for a perfect rating can be changed a little bit.

You realize those requirements are the results of several days of discussion between several members? Why go through all that again?
(12-21-2014, 08:45 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Games that run as well in PCSX2 as they did on the original PS2 hardware, with minimal user configuration needed. These games will be free of bugs and graphical glitches. Software rendering may or may not be required.
how about changing "with minimal user configuration needed to "With default settings"and, i also think software rendering should not be required. since, that's the only way of calling it perfect since, if player's are forced to use sw mode then, they are forced at native res, which will look pretty bad in the new generation lcd/led screens. so, i think it's better to say software rendering is not required.
We discussed that already. The consensus was what I wrote.

Perfect emulation means EXACTLY like the original console. That means native resolution.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14