..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-24-2020, 06:53 PM)nicogarcia11 Wrote: [ -> ]I see. So is there any tutorial or something? I search the game and fortunately it has an hexadecimal code. I patch ps2 games with ps2 patch engine, but for psx I think theres no program like that.

@nicogarcia11,
For PS1 games there is not a specific tool, if you like play the game with a burned disc you need replace the values using CDMage,
if you like play the game with an emulator then you can use any hexadecimal editor for change the values.
For some codes there is some explanation inside the files, in general there is not any detailed tutorial, is not hard but you
need some experience searching in the games the offsets.

Best regards.
(07-26-2020, 03:43 AM)El_Patas Wrote: [ -> ]@nicogarcia11,
For PS1 games there is not a specific tool, if you like play the game with a burned disc you need replace the values using CDMage,
if you like play the game with an emulator then you can use any hexadecimal editor for change the values.
For some codes there is some explanation inside the files, in general there is not any detailed tutorial, is not hard but you
need some experience searching in the games the offsets.

Best regards.

Ok, thanks. I will try  Biggrin
Alundra WSHack 1.0

PS3 - Works find with Black Bars to Left and Right of Screen, image isn't wide screen or anything, but it does FIX, the blurry resolution on the playstation 3 (if you don't use the widescreen hack) (screen is shrunk down a little by black bars on left and right side of screen)
(fullscreen on, smoothing on).

(all the ps1 games i tested worked fine on the ps3, only down side is lack of analog support on some games, and CDDA games, have to follow a separate guide to make a .pkg file for that, which all ps1 from .pkg installed from usb, not using "iso loaders" or etc.)

said before, it does work find on raspberry pi 3/4, with lr-pcsx-rearmed (only ps1 emulator that work well there)...............however, because the game scales well on the raspberry pi 3/4, you really don't need to use the widescreen patch..........it helps, but its not a necessary to fix blurry images like on the ps3, since the game has native low resolution.

(best looking on the ps3 with the WSHack for Alundra, versus the Raspberry pi 3/4, games are smoother on the ps3, for ps1, but you can't customize controls, generally speaking)
Castlevania SOTN widescreen hack, remember that has added game picture tiles,

I'll just make a note, later

have to see later what it does on the PS3, however, after playing Castlevania SOTN with the widescreen patch on the raspberry pi, the added tiles just look weird
Ranma 1-2 - Battle Renaissance [NTSC-J] SLPS-00522
Widescreen 800C2894 0C00

Fatal Fury - Wild Ambition [NTSC-U] SLUS-01001
Widescreen 8007B59C 0C00

Samurai Showdown - Warrior's Rage [NTSC-U] SLUS-01039
Widescreen 8009ACB8 0C00

Blue Breaker Burst - Bishou o Anata To [Limited Edition] [NTSC-J] SLPS-01469
Widescreen 800DACB0 0C00
Thank you, updated the archive until here.

Best regards.
Anyone tried to find widescreen codes for Tekken 3 (NTSC-U)?
Has anyone ever figured out Tekken 3 and the gran turismo series?
(08-23-2020, 05:46 PM)Esppiral Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone ever figured out Tekken 3 and the gran turismo series?
Gran Turismo 2 (USA) (v1.0)
SCUS_944.55/SCUS_944.88
8007B2AC 00F0
8007B2AE 3402

Gran Turismo 2 (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)
SCES_023.80/SCES_123.80
8007B3E0 00F0
8007B3E2 3402
(08-18-2020, 09:36 PM)Eiji Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone tried to find widescreen codes for Tekken 3 (NTSC-U)?
This game represents the screen in a type of window mode, I have been able to alter the 3D graphics of the GTE but the characters are distorted when trying a widescreen.
@HugoPocked

Thanks for your effort. Have you tried to find ws codes for Silent Hill, MGS and Tomb Raider 1 ?