..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Actually in this case you do a port process. Driver uses value "1999" to define width area instead of "1000". But either way, the idea when you port codes over regions is first to find the memory offset difference between them (in this case it's -5AC) and just add that to the address of the existing code. In this case I bet even without having the game that the code should be:

Driver (SLES-01816)
Code:
Widescreen
8008A48C 1333

Eyefinity
8008A48C 0666
Not worked, i tried it with the PAL spanish version which have a different ID (SLES-01978).

Maybe the difference you searched of -5AC is not correct?

Best regards.
I can't find codes online for that version of the game, follow my tutorial but instead of "1000" search for "1999" and instead of replacing the results with "0C00" replace them with "1333". Also I'm pretty sure on Cheat engine it will be an address starting with 00AE**** if that helps more.
I followed your instructions and yes i found a widescreen address, and starts by 00AE: 00AE1F30

But when i use it with the cheats on epsxe then do not works, the screen remains stretched and
causes a graphic glitch in some part of the sky.

For use the code in epsxe i changed the first digit of 0 to 8: 80AE1F30

Is this correct? if not, then the adress needs some type of conversion or what?

Best regards.
I forgot to mention one last thing.
00A579A0 represents address 80000000 on PS1's memory, you need to subtract 00A579A0 from the resulting address and add the result to 80000000, which in your case El_Patas is 8008A590

So the right code should be:
8008A590 1333
Oh yeah, at last! it works!
This is a last thing important Smile

Thank you very much for your invaluable explanations.

Yes the PAL Spain code for Driver is 8008A590 1333.

But then the hex value for search areas is not only 1000, also 1999, there are another area values
for search that you know that works for the games? or is a matter of try oneself?

Best regards.
(08-07-2015, 12:20 PM)El_Patas Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah, at last! it works!
This is a last thing important Smile

Thank you very much for your invaluable explanations.

Yes the PAL Spain code for Driver is 8008A590 1333.

But then the hex value for search areas is not only 1000, also 1999, there are another area values
for search that you know that works for the games? or is a matter of try oneself?

Best regards.

As I said on a different post it's mostly 1000, 1999 and 12AA.
Thank you, i'm trying with the game Ballerburg PAL and i found only a zoom in 00B1772E using a 1000 search.

Pressing Ctrl+B for open the debugger, how i can use and modify the near adresses?

All the near addresses appeared here can't be selected:

[Image: Memory%20viewer_zpsvwaejwcf.jpg]

Best regards.
The area with the green letters/numbers is the RAM in realtime, on the left side you can see the starting address and you can follow the values on the top for each byte. Normally, its -+100 from the place you found the zoom value, but there are times that it's not there so don't get surprised if it's not.
Quote:VIRGIN KLM Wrote:
The area with the green letters/numbers is the RAM in realtime, on the left side you can see the starting address and you can follow the values on the top for each byte. Normally, its -+100 from the place you found the zoom value, but there are times that it's not there so don't get surprised if it's not.

Then in the main window of Cheat Engine i have to press the button of "Add Address Manually"?

And copy manually the addresses one by one?

This is what i made, but for example when i add the next address of 00B1773E and i like change the value from 1000 to 0C00
appears an error message which says: "The value 0C00 could not be parsed"?

Best regards.