..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

just wanna thanks to VIRGIN KLM, Esppiral and other user for the great work. Without you guys we would still play Dreamcast and PS1 games in 4:3 Wink
I would also like to make request for following games:

Final Fantay 7 (Not sure if this even possible - but perhaps you can trigger widescreen in battles only?)
Tomb Raider 1 PAL
Silent Hill 1 PAL
Crash Bandicoot 1 PAL
Destruction Derby 2 PAL
Destruction Derby 1 PAL
Wipeout 2097 PAL
Nightmare Creatures 1 PAL
Breath of Fire 3 PAL
Gran Turismo PAL
Tenchu 1 PAL
Tony Hawk 1 PAL
Tony Hawk 2 PAL

The first listed titles are the most important for me. I hope I haven't overlooked some of this titles in this thread.
Sorry for asking again but I would be very thankful if someone can find the widescreen code for Tomb Raider 1 PAL SLES-00486 and Silent Hill 1 PAL SLES-01514.
By the way I tried some codes on original PS1 hardware and they work great Smile
Almost all the games you mentioned are tried before without result.

Also you can try any game yourself, following and using the tutorial is easy for anybody.

Best regards.
Thanks for the information. I missed that one. I will try and see if I can find the codes on my own Smile
Updated first post to represent memory ranges of epsxe 1.9.25
(12-14-2015, 09:49 PM)Shenmue_Trilogy Wrote: [ -> ]I would also like to make request for following games:
Tenchu 1 PAL

This is already done by El_Patas. Tongue2
I tried to find some codes for several games as silent hill 1, mgs, tomb raider but without any success Sad All I found was the y and x screen position for silent hill 1 UK PAL:

ScreenX
800C6478 00XX
ScreenY
800C647A 00XX

You can adjust the screen position with the last two characters. Maybe it helps for some pro to find the widescreen code?!

There is one point which I do not understand.PCSXR have the feature to display some of these games in true widescreen. So it should be possible to extract that code from PCSXR (plugin)?..or perhaps to check the source to find that code?
(01-06-2016, 11:17 PM)Shenmue_Trilogy Wrote: [ -> ]There is one point which I do not understand.PCSXR have the feature to display some of these games in true widescreen. So it should be possible to extract that code from PCSXR (plugin)?..or perhaps to check the source to find that code?

Doesn't really work that way. PCSXR ***** with the emulated GTE in order to pull off widescreen.
ok that sucks Sad.
...but why it is so hard to find PS1 widescreen codes in general compare to PS2 games? It's really annoying me Laugh
I found several widescreen values for PS games like MGS and Tomb Raider, they just don't hold up for the entire game or even change as you move(other camera?). I'll haven't tried improving any after Christmas though, maybe I can finish one of 'em this weekend.