..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-09-2016, 08:29 PM)El_Patas Wrote: [ -> ]You are welcome, thank you Smile 

The bad about Medievil is that not works with the POPS PS2 emu which i like, i have also the patch for
Medievil 2, but is more worse, in the ePSXe emulator only works using a savestate, loading the
game from the start with the code freezes the emu, then is why i don't know if put it in the archive.

Maybe could be possible in the future search another better values for this games, i'm curious about
if this codes could work with the real PSX.

Best regards.

You could try patching it in the ELF. Maybe the address is being used by something else before the game boots. A conditional would work too.
@El_Patas

I just tried the medi evil 1 codes on psx hardware and it hangs on the loading screen, as you described Sad

By the way the RR4 widescreen codes seems to me not 100% widescreen?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=56939
http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=56938

The environment looks stretched.
Yeah, as I stated before it's simply a code for the vehicle width, I wouldn't call it a widescreen hack.
(01-09-2016, 09:17 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: [ -> ]You could try patching it in the ELF. Maybe the address is being used by something else before the game boots. A conditional would work too.

I remember tryng it, but the hexadecimal values from the cheat engine do not exists in the ELF file or in the entire
image of the game when i searched them in a hexadecimal program, seems that the codes runs just in the memory.

(01-09-2016, 10:02 PM)Shenmue_Trilogy Wrote: [ -> ]@El_Patas

I will try the medi evil code with psx hardware. Could you also please post medi evil 2 code so i can try and see if the game freezes also on original hardware.

I just tried the medi evil 1 codes on psx hardware and it hangs on the loading screen, as you described Sad

If the one for the first Medievil not worked probably happens the same with Medievil 2.

Anyway for try it here is the value for PAL-M3 (SCES-02545)

80128FE8 1333

And this one for the NTSC-U (SCUS-94564)

80129044 1333

They work in ePSXe only using a savestate.

Best regards.
Pepsiman WS patch pls Laugh
(01-12-2016, 01:45 PM)Nokiaman Wrote: [ -> ]Pepsiman WS patch pls Laugh

Done!

Pepsiman (NTSC-J) (SLPS-01762)

Code:
Widescreen
800E4858 0C00

Eyefinity
800E4858 0400
Whoah I didn't expect this to be done at all especially this fast! Ohmy
Thanks! PEPSIMAN LIVES ON! Laugh
Hi guys. And is it possible to find a patch to Resident Evil 3? Using the instructions I was able to locate only the address of increase and decrease the size of Jill ... Thanks in advance.
(01-13-2016, 09:26 PM)denben0487 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys. And is it possible to find a patch to Resident Evil 3? Using the instructions I was able to locate only the address of increase and decrease the size of Jill ... Thanks in advance.

The game uses fixed size 2D backgrounds, they will always look streched but even worse, if you modify the width of the 3D aspects of the game it will cause weird placing and overlapping of objects everywhere which is a gamebreaking bug.
(01-14-2016, 02:22 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: [ -> ]The game uses fixed size 2D backgrounds, they will always look streched but even worse, if you modify the width of the 3D aspects of the game it will cause weird placing and overlapping of objects everywhere which is a gamebreaking bug.

Thanks for the info. And one more question about Metal Gear Solid (SLUS_005.94 / SLUS_007.76). Do you have a patch?