..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
More widescreen goodness.

Driver (SLUS-00842)

Code:
16:9 8008AA38 1333
Eyefinity 8008AA38 0666

Widescreen
[attachment=51609]

Eyefinity
[attachment=51610]

Driver 2 (SLUS-01161) (Greatest Hits)
Code:
16:9 8007F170 0C00
Eyefinity (Not Recommended) 8007F170 0400

Widescreen
[attachment=51611]

Eyefinity
[attachment=51612]

Ridge Racer Type 4 (SLUS-00797)
Code:
16:9 8006E458 0E00
Eyefinity 8006E458 0800

Widescreen
[attachment=51613]

Eyefinity
[attachment=51614]
Good work! Keep it going! Could I ask if you could try any of the Tekken series? (and if you did already if you had any luck with 'em)
I'll give the Tekken series a shot. I've figured out how the widescreen values are stored in ASM so with any luck it shouldn't be too difficult.
Can you give megaman legends series a shot as well?
Sure, I'll try Megaman Legends.
PSXFan. Could i humble request Legend of Legaia? Me love you long time (if you could fix the battle HUD as well, i may have found a God Tongue)
I'll try. Recently, i've had no luck with requests.
I have tried a bit myself, but it seems to "look for a needle in a haystack."
Also it's a bit weird what happens with the addresses you posted. They appear to not be able to be patched on-the-fly, meaning that even if we find the address, we won't be able to notice something changing because the value stays static, you can't edit it. That's not good.
That's because they directly effect the ASM language of the game. Some games can only be done through this method. Ridge Racer Type 4 is an example. I tried to change the value in RAM but it refused to let me change it. The only way I was able to change it was by modifying the stored value in ASM.

It is possible to see the change on the fly by loading a save state with the code active. This should force the code to recompile. That is how I have been doing it.