..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The new ranges for 2.0 are 008BA020 to 00ABA01F.
Updated OP.
Sorry, but I'm still confused.

I want Clock Tower 2: The Struggle Within (NTSC-U) on ESPXE 2.0 to be in widescreen.

The archive says:

8006F7B8 0C00

I find the address 8006F7B8 in Cheat Engine, but all I get is "????"

The first post in this topic is more about how to FIND codes, rather than how to apply them.
Still no progress can be made on MegaMan Legends? It's sad, game is all in 3D, should be able to just like Legend of Zelda OoT.
(02-18-2016, 09:13 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: [ -> ]Still no progress can be made on MegaMan Legends? It's sad, game is all in 3D, should be able to just like Legend of Zelda OoT.
Not a lot of people own the game, so there's not many people working on it. Does the ePSXe 2.0 widescreen not look good for this game?
No clue, haven't checked, ebut everyone here is saying the built in Widescreen sucks ass.
(02-18-2016, 07:52 PM)Devina Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I'm still confused.

I want Clock Tower 2: The Struggle Within (NTSC-U) on ESPXE 2.0 to be in widescreen.

The archive says:

8006F7B8 0C00

I find the address 8006F7B8 in Cheat Engine, but all I get is "????"

The first post in this topic is more about how to FIND codes, rather than how to apply them.

You don't need use or search nothing in Cheat Engine, the codes are applied different depending of each emulator or the real PSX.

I explained already in my previous message in how to apply the code in ePSXe:

"Rename the txt file (the CHEATS.TXT file) with the ID code of the game like this: SLUS_006.95.txt

Put the file SLUS_006.95.txt inside the cheats.txt folder of the ePSXe.

Run ePSXe, load the game, when the game started to load press ESC and choose Options/Cheat codes from menu, in the new
window which appears choose the code from the left panel and activate it to right panel, press ok, and then
choose Run/continue from menu of the emu.

It continue loading the game with the code, in this moment you can use instantly a savestate, there are some exception of game
in that the code not works if used a savestate from the start, then better wait to load the game until arrives to the main menu."

Its easy, in Youtube surely can have video tutorials.

Best regards.
(02-18-2016, 09:39 PM)El_Patas Wrote: [ -> ]"Rename the txt file (the CHEATS.TXT file) with the ID code of the game like this: SLUS_006.95.txt

Thanks, but why is this renaming part even a step?

In my opinion, the archive should already do this.

Also, VIRGIN KLM, I notice no difference with Clock Tower between the built-in widescreen hack and the widescreen code. Do you know if there is any (besides Eyefinity?) The Clock Tower 2 code is superior tho, since it fixes the cursor.
(02-18-2016, 10:32 PM)Devina Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, but why is this renaming part even a step?

In my opinion, the archive should already do this.
Yeah, why is every file called cheats.txt? Does it need to be called that with any emulator?
Each emulator or system have its own way for use the gameshark codes, when is needed rename a file for one is needed rename it for other,
unfortunately there is not any standards, i used the form from one of the emulators which i use.
In the case of ePSXe there are other ways for use the cheats, like include the codes inside a image of gameshark or maybe can
be included them in the cheats plugin called "pec" which i never used.

Quote:VIRGINĀ KLM

The new ranges for 2.0 are 008BA020 to 00ABA01F
Updated OP.

Are you sure that this ranges are correct?

I tried it with one game and do not gives me any adress...while the same game in 1.9.0 version with previous ranges gives 3,054 adresses.

Best regards.
OK I was wrong about the memory ranges. They did something with memory allocation which confused me a bit.
Updated OP once again.
I hope I got them right this time.