..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-22-2016, 12:38 AM)deton24 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually PCSX-Reloaded supports widescreen, but this emulator causes more problems I heard.

Now ePSXe 2.0 supports widescreen too.
(03-22-2016, 02:48 PM)paul_met Wrote: [ -> ]Now ePSXe 2.0 supports widescreen too.

Oh! Thanks a lot!
Now we have not only perfect widescreen but also perfect compatibility! So it's the only acceptable solution!
no Laugh I would like to play PS1 Games on original hardware Smile
Reverted tutorial on pre-2.0 state until ePSXe team fixes the issue.

EDIT: BTW In Disney's The Emperor's New Groove (NTSC-U) I found using CheatEngine 2 addresses that puzzle me.

00AF7910 -> It handles the Intro screen width and the loading screen width but messes up gameplay
00AF7918 -> Handles gameplay width but messes up everything else. (Eyefinity has no clipping!)

I guess an ELF hack could come handy here.
(03-31-2016, 09:30 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: [ -> ]Reverted tutorial on pre-2.0 state until ePSXe team fixes the issue.

EDIT: BTW In Disney's The Emperor's New Groove (NTSC-U) I found using CheatEngine 2 addresses that puzzle me.

00AF7910 -> It handles the Intro screen width and the loading screen width but messes up gameplay
00AF7918 -> Handles gameplay width but messes up everything else. (Eyefinity has no clipping!)

I guess an ELF hack could come handy here.
It might be puzzling, but it's not surprising. It reminds me a little of Tomb Raider, but this uses less addresses. There's always the possibility that there's another address that does work for the entire game.
The user from ePSXe team is trying to run the Cheat Engine but do not works for him in his Windows 8.1.
Gives always the same error:

[attachment=59464]

He tried to be as Admin and execute the program with Windows XP compatibility but not works, tried the other two executables
"cheatengine-i386.exe" and "cheatengine-x86_64.exe" but launchs a message error saying that  the files can damage the
system and do not likes execute them.

Somebody here have Windows 8.1 and can run Cheat Engine 6.5 without any problem?

Best regards.
Smells like he may have some suspicious AV interfering. Some AV don't like CheatEngine because it attaches to other processes and modifies their memory pool etc.
Thanks for the response, yes that's what i thought also and what i told him to check, i'm waiting his answer.

Best regards.
Some thoughts about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games. It was previously posted that someone found vertical aspect value, but not horizontal. Recently I messed with PC port of THPS2 and found the function that actually sets both values. it generally looks like:

Code:
x = ResX * 3;
y = ResY * 4;

if (x <= y)
{
AspectX = 0x1000;
AspectY = <calculates value depending on resolution>;
}
else
{
AspectX = <calculates value depending on resolution>;
AspectY = 0x1000;
}

It seems like the code didnt really change much between versions, so what I can tell you for sure is that AspectX is definitely not 0x1000.
(04-06-2016, 11:47 PM)UltraTaber Wrote: [ -> ]Some thoughts about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games. It was previously posted that someone found vertical aspect value, but not horizontal. Recently I messed with PC port of THPS2 and found the function that actually sets both values. it generally looks like:

Code:
x = ResX * 3;
y = ResY * 4;

if (x <= y)
{
AspectX = 0x1000;
AspectY = <calculates value depending on resolution>;
}
else
{
AspectX = <calculates value depending on resolution>;
AspectY = 0x1000;
}

It seems like the code didnt really change much between versions, so what I can tell you for sure is that AspectX is definitely not 0x1000.

Yes, but that piece of code does not mean that AspectY is not 0x1000 either. Also resolution does not work that way on PS1 so I would heavily doubt the same logic would apply.