..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my best PSX Game LIst Please HEX ISO PATCH.

If the lack of any games I upload link PM

Dino Crisis (Europe) [SLES_022.07]
Dino Crisis 2 (Europe) [SLES_032.21]
FIFA - Road to World Cup 98 (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,Nl,Sv) [SLES_009.14]
FIFA 2000 (Europe) [SLES_023.15]
FIFA 2001 (Europe) (En,De,Es,Nl,Sv) [SLES_031.40]
FIFA Football 2002 (Europe) (En,De,Es,Nl,Sv) [SLES_036.66]
FIFA World Cup 2002 (Europe) [SLES_038.30]
FIFA Football 2003 (Europe) (En,Nl,Sv) [SLES_039.77]
FIFA Football 2004 (Europe) (En,Nl,Sv) [SLES_041.15]
FIFA Football 2005 (Europe) (En,Nl) [SLES_041.65]
Fighting Force (Europe) (En,Fr,De) [SLES_007.31]
Fighting Force 2 (Europe) (En,Fr) [SLES_022.33]
Medal of Honor (Europe) [SLES_024.70]
Medal of Honor - Underground (Europe) [SLES_031.24]
MediEvil (USA) [SCUS_942.27]
Mobil 1 Rally Championship (Europe) [SLES_025.74]
Resident Evil - Director's Cut (Europe) [SLES_009.69]
Resident Evil 2 (Europe) (Disc 1) [SLES_009.72]
Resident Evil 2 (Europe) (Disc 2) [SLES_109.72]
Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis (Europe) [SLES_025.29]
Tomb Raider I (Europe) [SLES_000.24]
Tomb Raider II (Europe) [SLES_007.18]
Tomb Raider III (Europe) [SLES_016.49]
Tomb Raider IV (Europe) [SLES_022.38]
Tomb Raider V (Europe) [SLES_033.31]
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Europe, Australia) [SLES_029.08]
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Europe) [SLES_036.45]
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (Europe) [SLES_039.54]
UEFA Euro 2000 (Europe) [SLES_027.04]

Best regards.
Duble poost
@Esppiral

Thanks for your work!  Smile How do I apply these codes using gameshark on real hardware?
If you refer to the last values which he posted, this are not Gameshark/Action Replay codes, this are hexadecimal values,
you need open the BIN or IMG file of the game in a hexadecimal editor and search/replace the values, (i use the free HxD).
With this method the image of the game is modified.

Best regards.
Patching image of the entire game - this is not quite correct operation. The CD format for playstation is mode2 / 2352, which has an error correction blocks (ECC / EDC). If patching image directly, there will be an errors. It is not  affected on the game performance, but the the structure of the image will be broken.
I offer only patching executable file (slus, sles and a similar), and then paste it into an image using CDmage program. This program automatically recalculates ECC / EDC blocks and the image will no longer contain errors.
(08-18-2016, 08:32 AM)paul_met Wrote: [ -> ]Patching image of the entire game - this is not quite correct operation. The CD format for playstation is mode2 / 2352, which has an error correction blocks (ECC / EDC). If patching image directly, there will be an errors. It is not  affected on the game performance, but the the structure of the image will be broken.
I offer only patching executable file (slus, sles and a similar), and then paste it into an image using CDmage program. This program automatically recalculates ECC / EDC blocks and the image will no longer contain errors.

Thanks

Yesterday burn CD Colin McRae RAlly 2 boot cd PS2 Slim , stop game on logo psx
Today scan CDmage 1 sector error.
Thanks for reminding me about this tool, repair sector and burn again CD.

Best regards.
(08-18-2016, 08:32 AM)paul_met Wrote: [ -> ]Patching image of the entire game - this is not quite correct operation. The CD format for playstation is mode2 / 2352, which has an error correction blocks (ECC / EDC). If patching image directly, there will be an errors. It is not  affected on the game performance, but the the structure of the image will be broken.

Are you completely sure about this? i patched always the entire bin images and never i got any problem with the games patched...
Or maybe this errors only affects when a game is burned in a disk and not when is used with emulators?
I used them only in emulators, but anyway this means that each game patched and burned in a disk causes a big problem like a freeze?

And from what i see not all the games have EDC.

Maybe is posible replace the hex values in the entire game with the CDmage without having to extract first the executable file?

I just like learn, be sure, and make the less steps possible.

(08-18-2016, 09:38 AM)Wolf77 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks

Yesterday burn CD Colin McRae RAlly 2 boot cd PS2 Slim , stop game on logo psx
Today scan CDmage 1 sector error.
Thanks for reminding me about this tool, repair sector and burn again CD.

Best regards.

But maybe your game was a bad backup from the start and not a problem caused by hex edit the entire game.

Best regards.
(08-18-2016, 06:21 PM)El_Patas Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe this errors only affects when a game is burned in a disk and not when is used with emulators?

Maybe is posible replace the hex values in the entire game with the CDmage without having to extract first the executable file?
Yes, there is no difference for the emulator.
It is necessary to extract the executable file from cd image. Modify it and put it back into the image by cdmage. Otherwise, the crc of file will not match with ECC / EDC data.
Patched game works ePSXe or POPStarter only burn cd problem.
Modification executable file [SLES_026.05],PSX,PS2 can not read sectors.
Copy is good Colin McRae Rally 2.0 (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (v1.0)no patch
works CD no problem PSX or PS2 burn GoldenHawk CDRwin v4.0H.
No patchet game bin test CDmage no error, patchet game HEX scan CDmage 1 sector error.
I gave in CDmage, Action and Rebuild sector Fields ... and after scan no error.[works ePSXe or POPStarter USB Widescreen]
Now the problem is that no blank CD. I ordered VERBATIM EXTRA PROTECTION CD-R.