..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-07-2018, 09:52 PM)paul_met Wrote: [ -> ]I found a way to make a widescreen for Castlevania: SotN, but as long as there are bugs. This method may be useful for other 2d games for this platform.

Would this work on the sega Saturn version.?
Would be interesting to see if it would work for 2d Dreamcast games too.
@paul_met what does your method involve
(02-08-2018, 06:57 PM)Esppiral Wrote: [ -> ]Would this work on the sega Saturn version.?
No, Saturn has a fixed screen resolution. The maximum that can be done for the Saturn version is to increase the resolution to 352 pixels.

(02-08-2018, 08:47 PM)gamemasterplc Wrote: [ -> ]@paul_met what does your method involve
I combined both framebuffers into one large framebuffer. Due to this, there freed a necessary space in the video memory. A similar trick with a single framebuffer I've seen in high-resolution games such as Soul Reaver and Tekken 3.

[attachment=65637]
[attachment=65638]
Oh I Actually tried this with Croc and Disney's Hercules, but I though It wouldn't run on anything except Expsexe

[Image: IbtBtsm.png]

[Image: OBTAn6F.png]
@Esppiral you corrupted some pretty important images for the larger render. @Paul_met I did manage to get the framebuffer larger in castlevania but it only renders the right half
@Paul_met Can you explain how you combined the two framebuffers? I'm really curious and would like to know.
My first practice is medal of honor 1999 on ePSXe 2.0.5
And I see some bugs with widescreen options working 
1/ compass behaves inappropriately
2/ if you aim, holding the gun firing one bullet and take aim left or right, than the bullet hits exactly the sight.. and the screen turns in the Wake of the cursor correctly. But, if you pick up an automatic weapon, the cursor shifts the angle of view of the camera too late and the bullet does not hit the sight, and lies closer to the center of the screen..
Google translate is used for this text.. I'm sorry if it's hard to understand.
(02-08-2018, 11:00 PM)gamemasterplc Wrote: [ -> ]@Paul_met I did manage to get the framebuffer larger in castlevania but it only renders the right half

(02-09-2018, 03:02 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: [ -> ]@Paul_met Can you explain how you combined the two framebuffers? I'm really curious and would like to know.

It is necessary to combine X1 coordinates of the 1st  and 2nd framebuffers 2 times (for writing and reading). Then you need to change the size of both framebuffers.
The debugger No$PSX shows only the values for the writing, but does not display the values for reading. Therefore, the values for reading must be found blindly (they must will be somewhere near the values for the writing).

[attachment=65640]
Could this new method also work with pre-rendered games like Resident Evil or FF7?