..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-02-2014, 07:21 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: [ -> ]I just haven't posted anything because it seemed like no one was interested.
i'm still extremely interested in the Silent Hill widescreen code, here is PCSXR "widescreen (GTE Hack)" as example how wonderful SH1 may look (btw PCSXR is pretty laggy and not very playable with this settings, however wide codes will not affect fps on original hardware, as i tested).

[Image: ebNBdl9s.png][Image: U3jmcOSs.png]
[Image: HQ1bwgms.png][Image: Ga9e4uFs.png]

Also if this will help with something (you can unpack and decrypt some executable SH files with this tools!): http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10313
I did find a widescreen value for silent hill but its zoomed from one angle but proper from another which is a huge problem
BTW how to convert the code into PPF patch?
(11-14-2014, 09:14 AM)SILENT_Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]i'm still extremely interested in the Silent Hill widescreen code, here is PCSXR "widescreen (GTE Hack)" as example how wonderful SH1 may look (btw PCSXR is pretty laggy and not very playable with this settings, however wide codes will not affect fps on original hardware, as i tested).

PCSXR + Silent Hill widescreen hack isn't laggy for me and I don't even have that powerful of a rig. (GeForce 650)

Just make sure you don't simulate the BIOS.
Have you tried Crash Bandicoot and Spyro series games? These seem like a step before being able to get a proper widescreen patch.
I've tried both and have had no result.
Hello again, a crazy theory as mentioned. You could run two instances of the emulator. In one the game in its normal aspect and the other with the code that injects the emulator to make them wide and then compare both memories to see the differences? It could be a possibility to see where values are staying and once detected, turn to typical codes.

Suggest it is easier than done, but at least there's something to try.

Greetings!
(11-15-2014, 12:38 AM)wolfness Wrote: [ -> ]Hello again, a crazy theory as mentioned. You could run two instances of the emulator. In one the game in its normal aspect and the other with the code that injects the emulator to make them wide and then compare both memories to see the differences? It could be a possibility to see where values are staying and once detected, turn to typical codes.

Suggest it is easier than done, but at least there's something to try.

Greetings!

It doesn't work like this. It doesn't change values in the memory, it changes the way the emulator calculates a window, there is nothing in the accessible memory that will be different and even if it was, it would be hundreds of addresses and values to apply which I doubt it would be practical, especially in a real PS1. On an other note, possibly, you could inject the same code of the feature submission as ASM on the game's ELF, but that would be something really advanced.
(11-14-2014, 04:00 PM)Devina Wrote: [ -> ]Just make sure you don't simulate the BIOS.
Oh, my mistake, you was right. Sorry for offtopic.
Hi everyone.

(sorry for my english). I want to say thank you for all this widescreen hacks, ure awesomes.
but i have a little question, can i auto enable the code in epsxe ? with a command line or something ?

for example bloody roar 2, i wrote the code in a txt file named "SCUS_944.24.txt" into the cheats folder. But i must to run the game go back to desktop, go to option and go to cheats section for enable it. im not lazy but i use a frontend for my epsxe emulator, so i prefer to auto load cheats automaticly.

i saw a command line -loadcheat but its just for *.cht files i think, so there is a command or with epsxecutor to do this ?

thank you so much again.