..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Wiki collaboration thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
(01-07-2015, 12:53 AM)krysto Wrote: [ -> ]I got your message on the wiki, ng. I actually meant for this to be a page for documentation on the code for developers, rather than a user manual.

I haven't been here for a while, sorry. Good job so far. These pages still need some basic formatting (like numbers, italics, bold fonts, may be occasional navbox, etc...) otherwise they look like a simple text. If you're gonna try to get them in wiki-shape I'll be grateful, because I've no time for this kind of work currently (except that I promise (later) to add navboxes to simplify navigation between pages). I think I'll also rename pages to more appropriate names (so that blog posts will not look like articles) -- also later. If you need anything, better write a message on my user page (faster response is guaranteed).

(01-09-2015, 08:43 PM)krysto Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, can we install the code extension onto the wiki?

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Code

It looks like a nice addition for new users. You need to PM Bositman for this kind of things though.
[Delete]
(12-10-2014, 10:33 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I speak English natively and write quite well(I've written some of the news articles for the main pcsx2.net). If you want, I can proofread the final version of the guide.

I'm sorry it took nearly two million years to finish my part (real life is demanding as always). If you have some spare time and still want to help with correction then here it is. It's loosely based on Bositman's official guide with many changes from DoctorMuerte and me. My concerns are as usual: grammar, wrong words, bad constructions, etc. If you do not have time, that's okay, I'll put it on display then so that someone else may correct it later. Thanks!
I'll have a look at it tomorrow.
(03-15-2015, 10:47 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

I replaced the old guide with the new one (I needed to finish it somehow). Its home is now here. If you'll ever feel like doing this thankless task of reading and correcting some wall of text somewhere on the Internet, you're welcome! If you don't have time, that's understandable! Thanks anyway.
Woops I completely forgot! (Edit: A brief skim suggests that there are not very many errors at all. I'll look more in depth later)
Hey, so I'm writing some more documentation for the wiki, what would be a good thread for a general Q&A on the source code flow and structure? I imagine it would be good to add a thread in the developer section, but I don't have that power yet Smile
So there are not any major problems with the guide, though I haven't read it thoroughly all the way yet. I do notice:

Quote:Note that Windows XP will no longer be able to run PCSX2 compiled under modern MS Visual Studio

Why not? VCREDIST 2013 works on XP:

Quote:Supported Operating System

Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP

From: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784
(03-19-2015, 08:29 PM)krysto Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, so I'm writing some more documentation for the wiki, what would be a good thread for a general Q&A on the source code flow and structure? I imagine it would be good to add a thread in the developer section, but I don't have that power yet Smile

You mean on the forums? I thought anyone can create a thread on the forums.
(03-20-2015, 01:03 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Why not? VCREDIST 2013 works on XP:

It's good to know you're reading it. The wiki is down for some reason (the last time it happened the main site was down as well), hopefully not for long.

I guess PCSX2 could work on Win XP but you'd have to specifically compile it for older windows (see the thread here). When I was still using XP I couldn't find a compiled PCSX2 version that works (and I didn't feel like installing monster studio just to compile it myself). So I kinda lazily stated that it will not work (maybe it should be explained further)...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20