..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Wiki collaboration thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
account is Nobbs66
(08-25-2014, 11:57 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]I've gotten around to creating a user group that has captcha disabled. For reference (ng__ can do it too) it's the 'ninja' group. So anyone who would like to turn off captcha can post his wiki username here and I'll get to it (or ng__ Tongue )

It'd be faster if you write on my talk page (http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/User_talk:Ngng ). I'm not usually on the forums and I frequently disappear from this virtual existence for 2-3 days, so... Drop me any message there, I'll make you a ninja whenever I'm in town Wink

EDIT: Actually, scratch that! I'll update any new user's group to ninja after I see any meaningful commit from him (and I'm home to be able do it). That's easier for everyone.
I give up. After doing a bunch of work on one page, I can't submit it. The ***** captcha does not show up for me half the time. I got two small edits in, but my main edit I can't. I tried several times, but this is what I get:

[Image: captcha.png]

I give, I saved the source for the page somewhere else so I can put it in when it works. Terribly frustrating.
Edit: After closing out my browser and going back in, it finally appeared. Still, I'm not doing any more work til I get de-captchad. Tongue2
(09-09-2014, 05:53 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: After closing out my browser and going back in, it finally appeared. Still, I'm not doing any more work til I get de-captchad. Tongue2

Hmm... I've added you to ninja group a while ago. Do you still see these captcha monsters?
I've run into that issue a million times, if you tell it to save it says invalid captcha and then a new one appears. though it seems you've already fixed it
(09-16-2014, 05:55 PM)ng__ Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm... I've added you to ninja group a while ago. Do you still see these captcha monsters?

It's working now, thanks. I don't know what was wrong before, but I just made a couple of edits a minute ago and had no requests to do captcha. Maybe it takes a while to become a ninja? After all, you need to train hard to be a ninja...

Tongue2

It's slightly different than editing wikipedia, but I think I got the hang of how to do stuff now. I took this page from a stub with no information at all to how it is now: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/War_of_the_Monsters
(09-16-2014, 06:17 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: [ -> ]though it seems you've already fixed it
I just made you immune to it. The monster captcha is still there.

(09-16-2014, 08:44 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]It's slightly different than editing wikipedia
I think you mean their visual editor (try 'Change source' button). I have a bad memory about this thing. Besides text editor is much faster.

(09-16-2014, 08:44 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I took this page from a stub with no information at all to how it is now
Looks good, thank you.
(09-16-2014, 09:29 PM)ng__ Wrote: [ -> ]I think you mean their visual editor (try 'Change source' button). I have a bad memory about this thing. Besides text editor is much faster.

I've never used wikipedia's visual editor. I was basically talking about where things are, as well as the compatibility template.
(09-16-2014, 09:31 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I've never used wikipedia's visual editor. I was basically talking about where things are, as well as the compatibility template.

Ah, okay, my bad then. These things are programmed in templates so they should be different indeed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20