..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need Help Urgently!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so this problem isn't about lagging in the game but the lagging of my laptop. Now this never happened to me before I downloaded pcsx2, and a couple of days went past and my laptop lags as soon as it boots up (even at selecting the user screen).

I just want to know a couple of things:
1. Does PCSX2 affect your computer/laptop in anyway?
2. Does the GAMES affect your computer/laptop in anyway?
3. Has anyone experienced this?
4. Should I uninstall PCSX2 and delete all PS2 games?

What may cause this:
1. Kingdom Hearts: Lags a lot when I examine the old book for the first time in Merlin's house. This started the laptop lag STRAIGHT after. Takes a long time for things to respond (Apps, Documents, Files). Even after restart.

2. PCSX2: I left it open overnight, some lag happened after.

3. Some other things in my computer that I may not know about.

Can't really tell you the specs of my computer since it's sort of "broken"
Just a note, I had this laptop for 3 years and I had a problem similar to this but it has been fixed. Not sure how though.

Thanks
1. Nope
2. If you're talking about the isos, then nope.
3. I didn't.
4. IMO, no.
It sounds more like your fan/heatsink is full of crap and your laptop is throttling itself to prevent overheating.
(07-15-2014, 01:05 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds more like your fan/heatsink is full of crap and your laptop is throttling itself to prevent overheating.

Ok, seems like you're right. I looked up my problem on the Internet and someone said something similar to that. It is true that the fan on my laptop is crap, had some overheating issues when playing other "big" games. Other than me buying a fan cooler/pad, what should I do? Thanks by the way.
your other choice is to pull it apart and clean the fan/heatsink out, it probably has a blanket of dust over the heatsink stopping the fan doing its job.
How is your ram usage when that happen?
could also be a hdd-issue. Broken hdd's can create slowdowns if the broken sectors are read.
(07-15-2014, 05:38 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]How is your ram usage when that happen?

How do I find that out?

(07-15-2014, 08:00 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]could also be a hdd-issue. Broken hdd's can create slowdowns if the broken sectors are read.

Well I did have a BSoD (Blue Screen Of Death) a couple of days ago, something about "kernel". I don't know if that is related with an HDD issue. If I did have a broken HDD, what can I do?
(07-15-2014, 05:24 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]your other choice is to pull it apart and clean the fan/heatsink out, it probably has a blanket of dust over the heatsink stopping the fan doing its job.

Does vacuuming the vents from the bottom of the laptop help?
Not really no, it will be a blanket of dust stuck to the heatsink, you might just jam your fan doing that, depending how thick the layer of dust is. Also you might destroy your fan by making it spin too fast.
Pages: 1 2