..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Breaking a myth, is it dangerous to speed up while save/load games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, i couldn't find any source on this topic so i'm opening this thread for insight.

Is it ok to keep speed button on when you are saving or loading games? Sometimes i have the speed button on but, when i reach a save point, i
purposely stop the speed up in order to save it safely, but is it really dangerous to keep it on? did someone got a memory card ruined that way? Once or twice i kept it sped up while saving and nothing bad happened.
you mean frame limit removing? There is no problem at all, PCSX2 (the ps2 software) thinks that it's normal to go 60+ FPS and acts perfectly normal when saving and loading
Or if you mean turbo (tab), then I never had any problems, neither with savestates.
Nah, in fact sometimes I enable turbo or turn the frame limiter off just for the purpose of speeding up saving. It's perfectly fine.
i see thanks Happy