..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Nuvee configuration resets after pcsx2 restart [v.1.2.1]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I managed to enable the mouse in Silent Scope 2 instead of using the arrow keys, by following the Nuvee instructions.

But every time I restart pcsx2 or my computer then all my Nuvee configuration resets back to NULL. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening?

Smile
[Image: nuvee_configured.png]
Nuvee configured.

Smile
[Image: lilypad_nuvee_configured.png]
Lilypad Nuvee configured.

Sad
Nuvee configuration resets itself after pcsx2 restart or computer reboot.
[Image: nuvee_reset.png]
Nuvee configuration resets itself.
Is perhaps the directory where the config is stored read only? Do you have admin permissions?
(07-16-2014, 12:39 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Is perhaps the directory where the config is stored read only? Do you have admin permissions?
The Plugins directory must be writable since I could create and edit a test.txt file.

I don't use my Administrator account for running daily tasks because of security policies. I usually use my non Root account (Normal_User) for running games and doing daily tasks.

Why does pcsx2 need to be run with Administrator/Root privileges?
Isn't it the number one security rule, to not run your system using root privileges unless it's for installing new software.
It doesn't NEED to be run with root privileges, however, if it was installed with root then the folders may have their permissions as root and thus the data wouldn't save unless you were root.
(07-16-2014, 05:52 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't NEED to be run with root privileges, however, if it was installed with root then the folders may have their permissions as root and thus the data wouldn't save unless you were root.

I thought folders inherited their permission from their parent directory.

As for the nuvee, like a number of other plugins, it doesn't follow PCSX2's config convention and instead uses the program directory or the registry (I'm looking at you DEV9ghzdrk).

Try installing PCSX2 in a folder that doesn't require admin rights to edit.
Yes, folders generally inherit their permissions.

But this wouldn't be the first time I've seen this problem come down to read/write permissions.