..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Windows Vista 32
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
are you using 0.9.6? I have yet to get any dep warnings from it.
yes...I'm using 0.9.6...and I'm not running any speedhack, gamefix or gamecheat...
for a moment I thought that I had to install it in other folder...but nothing works...
The error information from the Application event log (Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Event Viewer) might help.
Windows key + r > put there: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff -> reboot

With that, ur DEP is completly disabled.

Had the same issue with DEP, just turn it off...
(03-06-2009, 10:51 PM)nintendo85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2009, 10:43 PM)jhr41 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone gotten Pcsx2 0.9.6 to Work With Vista?
I was having a data execution prevention error when i would try to Launch a game ( an iso, FFX ) and as soon as the Emulation started the Error would appear , So I turned DEP off , Rebooted ..dep doesnt show anymore But the emulation closes With this message ( pcsx 0.9.6.exe has stopped working) ..and it closes the emulator..
I have run it in win xp sp2 compatability mode and as administrator to no avail .
Can anyone shed some light on this ..

Vista 32
Phenom II 940 black
4 gig of ram

I don't have Vista, but I do know that UAC (User Account Control) can cause this kind of conflict, so you could try turning it off, maybe? http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

Ok..I turned off uac just after installing Vista ( How Annoying is that? )
Anyways ..I did fix mine ..And What a wonderfull emu it is ...I get better frame rates when i manually set the affinity to all 4 cores..

It seems that i just needed to play with the configuration .And read more of this forum. After about an hour of setup I had it up and running ..

Thanks for all the Feedback ..
help me guys i turned of dep i run as admin but crash still remains i haven't try on xp only on vista 64.because i want to play gt4 and vista has only dx10 which is the only way to play it help please!!!Sad
what errors and such do you get on windows/PCSX2?
look page 1 at my first post
well, windows 64 is fickle. try running PCSX2 in XP mode. (again, run admin)
(03-12-2009, 08:07 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]well, windows 64 is fickle. try running PCSX2 in XP mode. (again, run admin)

xp does not support dx10 and gt4 crashes with dx9.i was using the earlier version with no problem in ffx at least that was the game i used to play and thats the reason i use emulators ffx and gt4
Pages: 1 2 3