..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Emulator crashes while using xaudio2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there anyway to solve this? XAudio2 keeps crashing on me every 15-30 minutes and when i switch to DirectSound, it has a crackly sound that is very annoying.
My specs are:
Windows 8.1
Intel i5 4460 @3.20 GHz 4 cores
8 GB RAM
SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 OC
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1. I'm mainly using the default settings (I used to run the internal resolution on 1920x1080 , but i switched a while ago due to some glitches that sometimes occur) The crash happens on all the games i have tried, which are Persona 4 and Dragon Quest VIII.
EDIT: I'm using Direct3D11 (Hardware), i'm not sure if thats considered default or not, can't quite remember.
Had the same issue, sadly, from what I have read, the only option is to switch to something else. It's either, use xaudio2 and have crashes often, or choose directsound (what I use) or another one and have crackily audio but no crashes. In my case, I didn't have crackily audio when switching. I only used xaudio2 in the first place because it said recommended. Probably shouldn't be recommended because it crashes so much.
You guys are actually the first people who I've ever seen have Xaudio2 crashing. It certainly doesn't crash often, and also, even though it's recommended, Port Audio is the default.
(08-09-2014, 05:59 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are actually the first people who I've ever seen have Xaudio2 crashing. It certainly doesn't crash often, and also, even though it's recommended, Port Audio is the default.

I have had Xaudio crash pcsx2 alot at random years, and event viewer always complained about xaudio plugin as cause And I sure if you digg around the forums you will find others that complianed about it too, but since pcsx2 started defaulting to Portaudio I have not seen Pcsx2 crash for any reason. and i hear no difference between Portaudio and Xaudio2

Xaudio2 might be rec commanded psx2 defaults to portaudio atlest for me.
I tried using PortAudio but i get no sound for some reason. I was also looking online for solutions and someone said delete the spu2-x.ini file and manually configure it, I tried that and i had a play session of 2 hours with no crashes which was nice. I have no idea if it will stay like that or not though.
Please try selecting portaudio with xa2 as output module again, then try different "device name" options to get sound back.
If that doesn't work at all, please report that as well.
(08-09-2014, 12:09 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Please try selecting portaudio with xa2 as output module again, then try different "device name" options to get sound back.
If that doesn't work at all, please report that as well.

Hello, where can i find this "different device name options"?

I was using the default device as my my device name. I tried choosing the sound device i'm usually manually but i still didn't get the sound back unfortunately.

EDIT: After selecting the WASAPI Exclusive mode, i seem to have gotten sound, so far everything is working well, Thanks.
(08-09-2014, 07:03 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]I have had Xaudio crash pcsx2 alot at random years, and event viewer always complained about xaudio plugin as cause And I sure if you digg around the forums you will find others that complianed about it too, but since pcsx2 started defaulting to Portaudio I have not seen Pcsx2 crash for any reason. and i hear no difference between Portaudio and Xaudio2

Xaudio2 might be rec commanded psx2 defaults to portaudio atlest for me.

I've seen more reports of issues with PortAudio(no sound, emulation won't start), than Xaudio2.
Pages: 1 2