..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX Issue - 'Kilika Sending' crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have NEVER had the scene crash on any verison of PCSX2 and this is going back to before 1.xx builds on default settings for EE/VU on the NTSC US.

As for the Demi slowdown? i have not had that for while. I pretty sure MTVU that or its was switching from 9800gtx to 450gtx and now 660gtx that fixed that issue for me, but demi use to cause major slow down by that i mean 60fps became sub 40 fps and was highly noticeable, My cpu has not changed in all this time.

I can pretty much do 3-4x with all the shaders enabled and keep 60fps out side of the 2d/3d transition fps drops.
Thanks for the input. I have already moved the 'Kilika Sending crash' issue to resolved. The demi issue is still there though, I just went and started a new game to confirm. Even on native it dips below 60fps but again, I'm running on the i5-4670K's integrated graphics.

Based on what tsunami2311 just said, now I'm starting to wonder if the 'Kilika Sending' scene was ever an issue at all, or just something one person experienced for some unrelated reason (bad ISO image?). Are changes made to the wiki verified/moderated at all? Or do people just modify things willy-nilly?
Since the wiki isn't read too often it's not really maintained, so it's possible a one time glitch could get through the cracks
I'm pretty sure this was a real issue once.
Most people dont even know about the pcsx2 wiki even less actual contribute too, most the time it all end users doing the testing. I updated it with games i have that i have tested. but its not really verified by anyone.

pretty much anyone with a account can changing things.

I honestly dont know why the pcsx2 wiki isnt even stickies here so more people know about and actual contribute to it.

Pretty sure the demi effect is mostly gpu bound as i pretty sure my i7 is slower then a i5 4670k as far as single thread goes. my pc has not changed since i last had demi cause fps drops, other then the switch from 9800gtx to 450gtx to 660gtx (450gtx and 660gtx) both dont have this demi fps drops. other then maybe the introduction of MTVU which i have on by default cause it helps all the games i have.

Other then the 2d/3d transition fps drops I have rock solid 60fps with 3x/4x and shaderfx (FXAA on and all other setting other then cell shading/color grading). Thanks Blyss Sarania for pointing out that slow down i would never realized that was not for you. it annoys me now!! just kidding.
(09-18-2014, 08:18 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure this was a real issue once.

OK cool, thanks for the info. Nevertheless, it's under 'Resolved Issues' now so it's still documented somewhere if it really was an issue. I just mentioned my suspicion about it being a one-off issue because I wanted to bring up the question about the wiki being monitored or not.

(09-18-2014, 08:19 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]Most people dont even know about the pcsx2 wiki even less actual contribute too, most the time it all end users doing the testing. I updated it with games i have that i have tested. but its not really verified by anyone.

pretty much anyone with a account can changing things.

I honestly dont know why the pcsx2 wiki isnt even stickied here so more people know about and actual contribute to it.

Yeah I can't even remember how I found the wiki, but I found it to be a useful resource for fixing issues on a handful of games, like Devil May Cry. It's specially useful when you're not the type of person who likes to look in forums and would rather read a wiki page. Smile

I second the notion of giving the wiki more publicity.
Yeah, it's not even listed on the main site: http://pcsx2.net/ Sad

Edit: Well not prominently. You can find it in Support menu.
That's probably where I found it, under support.
(09-18-2014, 08:31 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's not even listed on the main site: http://pcsx2.net/ Sad

Edit: Well not prominently. You can find it in Support menu.

yah it needs to be put on the main page of pcsx2 with clear links and it needs to stickied on the forums.

It not updated cause MOST people dont even know about and few that do dont really update it.

In all these years i never under stood why its not being advertised and sticky and so forth, if people knew about and it was updated alot the question ask here would be avoid, then again it probably wont, cause people dont read well apparently on internet hah.

Maybe this could be something you can get pushed threw so more people know about the pcsx2 wiki it might actual get updated.
I would love for the wiki to get a more prominent spot somewhere on the site and for it to be sticky'ed here on the forums. What say you Bositman?
Pages: 1 2 3 4