..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX Issue - 'Kilika Sending' crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:Kilika Sending

Type: Serious
Description: The game crashes during the cutscene, which shows Yuna's first sending.
Workaround: Use EE and VU clamp modes to "Extra" and "Extra+Preserve Sign". ("Normal" clamps should work fine by default)

Alternatively: Use SuperVU Recompiler if using MicroVU. (superVU reduces the clamp need, so if "Extra" works for microVU then "Normal" would work with superVU, if "Normal" works with microVU then "None" would work with superVU)

Is this still an issue? According to the wiki it is, but I played through the scene using microVU and it worked just fine. I must mention that I'm using an SVN build though, not the latest stable. I'm also playing on the NTSC-U version and I don't know if the issue was for NTSC-J or PAL, since the wiki doesn't specify.

I'm thinking we can mark this as resolved though. What do you guys think?
Didn't happen to me with NTSC-J, but I had my clamps up from the start just in case.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. My clamping and rounding were on default settings. I'm playing the whole game that way so that I can find other instances of the 'characters facing the wrong way' bug.
Never encountered this, and I've played with the NTSC-U and International versions.
Might as well mark it as resolved. It's not like the information goes away, so it will still be there for reference.
Thy will be done.

Also I was thinking since 'Allow 8-bit Textures' is not on by default anymore, should we move the 'Mi'ihen Highroad FPS' & 'Menu FPS' to resolved as well?
Mi'hen highroad is related to more than just 8 bit textures. Even without that, it's still more demanding than the rest of the game.
Is that really an 'issue' though? Or just the nature of the game? And for what it's worth, I didn't notice a slow-down during that area, and I'm running on the 4670k's integrated graphics.
It's as much as an issue as the slowdown with demi and such, which is still listed.

You may not have noticed the speed drop below full speed there, neither did I, but compare it to another with the frame limiter off.
Oh the slowdown with 'Demi' (and ever so slightly with other spells as well) I DO notice. Even with the frame limiter turned off and running at 100+ FPS, certain parts of Ifrit's overdrive still make my FPS drop under 60 XD
Pages: 1 2 3 4