..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 does not report the correct version of Windows XP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
PCSX2 does not report the correct version of Windows XP
Quote: Operating System = Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
i.e. I have Windows XP Professional SP3 (32bit) NOT Home Edition

emulog.txt
Quote:PCSX2 1.3.0-20140921171554 - compiled on Sep 21 2014
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Physical RAM = 2814 MB
CPU name = Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.40GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 04)
CPU speed = 3.400 ghz (2 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000e49d
x86EFlags = 20100000

x86 Features Detected:
SSE2.. SSE3

Reserving memory for recompilers...
(thread:MTVU) Calling pthread_create...
can you right click My Computer then go to Properties and show us that page, very interesting that it shows differently.
Same here and it says Windows XP Professional SP3 in My Computer=>Properties

Edit:Btw when I set the compatibility to Windows 2000,it says that I have Windows 2000 Professional
(10-01-2014, 12:25 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Same here and it says Windows XP Professional SP3 in My Computer=>Properties

Edit:Btw when I set the compatibility to Windows 2000,it says that I have Windows 2000 Professional

yep same here when, i tried changing compatibilty it shows the os which i chose in compatibilty
Just FWIW(and to avoid making a new thread), PCSX2 doesn't report Windows 10 Tech Preview right either.

I suspect it's pulling the OS string from a non usual place. SCP DS3 Wrapper Detected Windows 10 Tech Preview just fine, despite being written long before it was ever made.

[Image: 10ss.jpg]
(10-01-2014, 12:14 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]can you right click My Computer then go to Properties and show us that page, very interesting that it shows differently.

lol... I am not a newb ty..... I know the workings of a PC intimately (plus a bit of C & C++, i have my own temperature converter console program)...
anyhow this PC was a LAN center PC before he gave it to me (ie I volunteered for that biz for 3 years(2008-2011) do to economy issues)

I know for an ABSOLUTE certainty that it and all other PCs at G2 were all Windows XP Professional 32bit and only the server was different (ie Windows Server 2003)..

anyway... I happy to see so many good replies on this bug ^_^

//Huwayy I got a Star ^_^ loi
(10-03-2014, 07:43 PM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]btw(off-topic maybe?):
how is the windows 10 preview?
does it have a livecd format as I don't have any spare HDDs for install...??
//Huwayy I got a Star ^_^ loi

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Windows-10-discussion

You can install it in a VM for testing, or if you wanna go supernerd then you can boot it from a VHD file.
Any chance we can get this fixed some time this year ;D
Why is it necessary to solve this problem within this year?
(10-14-2014, 10:57 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it necessary to solve this problem within this year?

its CALLED SARCASM, as in for some problems I figure will probably never get fixed (ie will take forever to get fixed)..

lets face it its NOT Astrophysics loi ;D
Pages: 1 2