..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Maximo Ghosts to glory inconsistent framerate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have an issue when running this game. The frame rate is inconsistent, on some area i get up to 90 fps and some others i got around 55.

Yesterday after messing around in "Emulation settings -> gs and speedhacks" i got it to run at constant 60 fps, but today the issue is back again. Didn't the settings got saved ? Well this is not the real issue anyway.

What i did was randomly trying different settings. I don't really know which settings i have to change to make it works nicely like before. What i want is smooth consistent 60 fps and don't really care if graphic is lowered in order to make this work.

Let me know which settings i have to show you or wich infos do you need.

I'm sorry for this bad english.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Intel Core i7 Q720 1.60GHz 4cores
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
8GB Ram
Windows 7 64bits

PCSX2 1.2.1
I reseted the settings to default
Maximo Ghosts to glory from iso
make sure your laptop is plugged in and that your performance plan is set to high performance. other than that I wouldn't expect miracles from that cpu
It is plugged and set to high performance already. Yesterday i got it to work at constant 60 fps + recording it at the same time. I don't understand how the emulator works.

Is there a way to limit the frame rate manually ? It plays at a frame rate between 70 and 90 now.
try pressing f4 or tab
The frame rate is between 55 and 90 with turbo , it's depend of the area i'm in.
turn off turbo and it won't jump past 60
With limiter set to "normal" the frame rate is constant 50 fps everywhere.
You sure you don't have the PAL version of the game then? (Which would nominally run at 50 FPS)