..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [PLUGIN] need pad plugin to allow d-pad left and right simultaneously
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,

in order to play pop'n music on PCSX2 with an official controller, the pad plugin must allow on the d-pad left and right to be pressed simultaneously
the limitation of not pressing left+right simultaneously is just a physical limitation of the standard PS pad, and not a constraint of the console itself.

the board in a P'NM controller is just a standard PS pad board, with the left+right+down soldered together.
when these directions are pressed down the game recognizes the controller not as a standard one but as a P'NM one.

therefore i think that a pad plugin should allow these 2 directions to be pressed simultaneously.
note that it also needs to record that state since the launch of the game, as it seems that it needs the effective press of a button to record that.

the plugins i tried act as if there were 2 states : "just pressed" and "already pressed" and only trigger the push of a button on a "just pressed" event, so the plugin must be able to detect the "already pressed" configuration as the game starts.

i hope my description is clear (maybe needs to be in "bug report" ?), and thanks a lot for helping all pop'n music players !
Did you tried enabling "Allow binding multiple PS2 controls to one PC" from the LilyPad settings and set one key twice
what about having a single key for two values and another key for the another one and pressing them together..
well thanks guys for your quick answers, seems that i had 2 problems :
  1. lilypad can't accept left + right simultaneously
  2. my usb adapter can't send left + right or up + down simultaneously

the workaround :
  1. use SSSPSX pad pressure mod 1.7.1 and plug LEFT, DOWN and RIGHT on the same key on my keyboard
  2. de-solder the directions on my (homemade) ASC P'NM controller for the UP direction to be sent
et voila !

thanks for your help, maybe i'll find a better solution someday but for now it works quite well.

(for google search and people in the same situation : #pop'n music #pcsx2 #controller #ASC #workaround #USB)