..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: In need of help and/or advice please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, im a complete novice to this and would like some help with speeding up the emulator whilst its running FFXII if its not too much trouble. So heres the thing, it gets through the intro smoothly and the start menu smoothly and even through the clips and plot that ensues after you choose new game, but when it comes to gameplay the graphics and sound are ok but gameplay is in what i can only describe as slow motion, not glitchy, just slo-mo. I ripped and converted to .iso my game so its not running on disc and also i believe i dumped my bios correctly as the game actually starts and plays. as for the emulator itself i have downloaded and installed "PCSX2 1.2.1 Standalone Installer - Version:1.2.1" and i havnt attempted to configure anything because id like to seek this advice before i do.

Finally the hardware im running it on is a laptop and its specs are thus:

Processor: AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300 2.0 GHz
RAM: 3gb DDR2
Graphics: ATI Radeon 4200 HD (i assume this is on board graphics because its a laptop right?)
Storage: HDD (id like an SSD but oh well)

Soooo... is there anything i can do? please be aware im not an incredibly technical person and dont understand a hell of a lot of abbreviations. Thank you Smile
Get a faster pc
(10-06-2014, 09:09 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]Get a faster pc
not an option, i know my hardware isnt great but its not a dinosaur yet. so i take it with such a blunt response that theres no settings i can fiddle with to get a bit more out of my machine?
You can try messing with speedhacks, but you will never get close to full speed.
Sorry pal, but an old Athlon dual-core at 2GHz and an iGPU, model of the HD4200 series no less.. You will never be able to play a game anywhere near 60 frames. In fact 30 is arguable for any game with that setup.

I advise you try your hand at older consoles like the PS1. You'll have much more luck getting a decent framerate there.
(10-06-2014, 09:15 PM)span666 Wrote: [ -> ]not an option, i know my hardware isnt great but its not a dinosaur yet. so i take it with such a blunt response that theres no settings i can fiddle with to get a bit more out of my machine?

I'm afraid in this day and age your system really is a dinosaur in comparison to what's out there now.

Even for a decent price (let's say 300-400 bucks), you could get a better system than that.

With those specs there's honestly no real chance of getting to 60 FPS in any game on PCSX2. Your system is good enough to run PC games or PSX games on ePSXe for example, but PS2 emulation just requires a better computer/laptop than what you have. (Especially Final Fantasy XII is one of the more heavy games on PCSX2 to run).
Try the guide in my sig i would not expect much though