..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Holy crap, you called that, Jays. I went into the place in Windows where you can make your fonts and icons larger or smaller, and putting in on Small (100%) made the joysticks show up as centered again. I think you were right, it might just be a placebo thing in game, because Metro was the only one giving me a drift feeling (and the Windows controller setup windows is showing the sticks as centered); Metro probably just naturally has an insanely low dead zone. I'll have to do what shinra358 suggested and just raise the dead zones in DS4Windows a bit.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's DEFINITELY just the way the dead zones are handled in Metro. I actually turned the dead zones for both sticks all the way up to 0.50, and in Metro, my character was literally running in a straight line when I let go of the left stick. The off-center thing in DS4Windows is absolutely just an aesthetic thing because of the font stuff I did in Windows.
Wanted to chime in to say thanks for this program and make one request.

I would love to see the ability to use Xbox 360 buttons in Macros. I have an Xbox One that I use a CronusMax with and would love to set up the share or left touchpad button as a way to open the snap menu. Normally this requires you to press the guide button twice.

Thanks again for this tool Jay.
(11-09-2014, 05:22 AM)TesseractE Wrote: [ -> ]Got it. Another question for you. The DS4 keeps losing touch with the X360 drivers. I've uninstalled everything, rebooted, then reinstalled and it'll work fine for a while (usually tested by hitting the PS button and triggering the 'ring' overlay). My best guess is that it may have to do with putting my laptop to sleep while the controller's plugged in.

That said, usually the only way I've found to get things back on track is to uninstall and reinstall the 360 drivers with a reboot in between... Not optimal.

Any thoughts on what I could do differently or is this a bug? I'll be happy to help troubleshoot if it's the latter.

[Edit] Got one more question: Is there a way to turn the triggers into Digital input that games could pick up as additional assignable buttons?

Are you sure that the 360 controller is being lost? The ring popup isn't the best test, go to control panel > usb controllers (there's a link to it in settings).

Also if you mean change the triggers to digital input while using them in x360 mode, then technically no, but you can push the deadzone up high enough to almost be digital. If you mean with the controller as regular (dinput) then the controller already has digital input for the triggers along with analog.

(11-09-2014, 10:33 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Holy crap, you called that, Jays. I went into the place in Windows where you can make your fonts and icons larger or smaller, and putting in on Small (100%) made the joysticks show up as centered again. I think you were right, it might just be a placebo thing in game, because Metro was the only one giving me a drift feeling (and the Windows controller setup windows is showing the sticks as centered); Metro probably just naturally has an insanely low dead zone. I'll have to do what shinra358 suggested and just raise the dead zones in DS4Windows a bit.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's DEFINITELY just the way the dead zones are handled in Metro. I actually turned the dead zones for both sticks all the way up to 0.50, and in Metro, my character was literally running in a straight line when I let go of the left stick. The off-center thing in DS4Windows is absolutely just an aesthetic thing because of the font stuff I did in Windows.

Yeah I thought as much, I'll try to fix the larger DPI mode so you can go back to your regular font size soon.

(11-09-2014, 10:21 PM)cynojien Wrote: [ -> ]Wanted to chime in to say thanks for this program and make one request.

I would love to see the ability to use Xbox 360 buttons in Macros. I have an Xbox One that I use a CronusMax with and would love to set up the share or left touchpad button as a way to open the snap menu. Normally this requires you to press the guide button twice.

Thanks again for this tool Jay.

I'll try to add true 360 controls to macros at some point, as of this post, I thought of how I can add it to the record macro screen, thought it will still take a while.
(11-09-2014, 11:05 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure that the 360 controller is being lost? The ring popup isn't the best test, go to control panel > usb controllers (there's a link to it in settings).

Yeah... Had it plugged in via USB a few moments ago, and I saw both 'Wireless Controller' and the X360 entry in that window. I unplugged it and tried to connect via Bluetooth and it wouldn't even do so. Just kept trying to install drivers whether I used SHARE+PS or just PS. Rebooted and plugged it back in via USB and nothing shows up in the 'Game Controllers' window, though I can control the mouse via the DS4 Touchpad, and the buttons are detected. (Not by games, though.) BT still loops after the reboot, too. This is the point where I'd have to reinstall the X360 drivers.

Quote:Also if you mean change the triggers to digital input while using them in x360 mode, then technically no, but you can push the deadzone up high enough to almost be digital. If you mean with the controller as regular (dinput) then the controller already has digital input for the triggers along with analog.
Tried that, and while it worked fine in the control panel, it didn't work in-game (FFXI). I tried binding keyboard shortcuts to the triggers, and that didn't work either for some reason. I fully realise it may be a quirk of how FFXI handles things - people have been having issues with X360 controllers on that for a while - I just wanted to make sure I was doing things right on the driver/DS4 side before I gave up and blamed FFXI. Laugh
Having Issues With DS4....

DS4 isn't reading my ps4 controller. I open the program and the controller wont connect to it, Although if I go to tools, and go to Windows controllers, I am able to configure the controller's settings just fine. I'm using USB connection because my laptop doesn't have blue tooth, and I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit.
(11-10-2014, 12:43 AM)TesseractE Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah... Had it plugged in via USB a few moments ago, and I saw both 'Wireless Controller' and the X360 entry in that window. I unplugged it and tried to connect via Bluetooth and it wouldn't even do so. Just kept trying to install drivers whether I used SHARE+PS or just PS. Rebooted and plugged it back in via USB and nothing shows up in the 'Game Controllers' window, though I can control the mouse via the DS4 Touchpad, and the buttons are detected. (Not by games, though.) BT still loops after the reboot, too. This is the point where I'd have to reinstall the X360 drivers.

Tried that, and while it worked fine in the control panel, it didn't work in-game (FFXI). I tried binding keyboard shortcuts to the triggers, and that didn't work either for some reason. I fully realise it may be a quirk of how FFXI handles things - people have been having issues with X360 controllers on that for a while - I just wanted to make sure I was doing things right on the driver/DS4 side before I gave up and blamed FFXI. Laugh

I'm not sure what's going on your end. Does the same thing happen with only usb?
(11-12-2014, 06:05 PM)Blakeyedsniper Wrote: [ -> ]Having Issues With DS4....

DS4 isn't reading my ps4 controller. I open the program and the controller wont connect to it, Although if I go to tools, and go to Windows controllers, I am able to configure the controller's settings just fine. I'm using USB connection because my laptop doesn't have blue tooth, and I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit.

Did you install the driver? Try reinstalling it.

EDIT: progress update: So far 360 marcos are working and working good, and more DPI's are supported. I should have the update out by the end of the week.
Jays2Kings do you think you could add configurable swipe controls?
Just thinking of ways to better use the touchpad for more them a mouse.
When I´m gaming I don´t use the touchpad as a mouse since there is no need for it.
So would be nice to have more commands keys for the touchpad.

Also I have one kind of issue with the touchpad PS hotkey.
I´m using PS button as a modifier and the touchpad as hotkeys.
So the touchpad movement keeps being enable and disable.
A option to disable the touchpad movement on a profile would be really nice.

I´m making a extensive guide on using your DS4 tool with a heavily modded Skyrim.
Adding a lot of custom hotkeys using the "shift modifier" and the touchpad.
And that was when I started thinking about more touch functions.
I already use the modifier for some emulators. For like Save/Load State, turbo, screenshot.

So is just a suggestion and curiosity Laugh
Thanks so much for all your work!
Cheers!
(11-12-2014, 10:26 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what's going on your end. Does the same thing happen with only usb?

If I only use USB, it seems to behave. Obviously, this is just a workaround, not a solution.
(10-27-2014, 12:18 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Dinput only is a work in progress. right now it only works via usb.

I just spent nearly 4 hours trying to figure out why the hell that wasn't working, uninstalling/reinstalling different DS4 tools and SCP drivers and Bluetooth drivers, going through my system registry and Device Manager with a fine toothed comb.....

[Image: Om9vE4O.png]

FWIW it doesn't work with any other program I tried, if anybody is wondering.

Also, is there any way to get the triggers working without digital button 'clicks' with DInput or is that still on the ToDo list? Some older games I play don't really support XInput and I can't manually set the analog axis. (Apologies if this has been asked, right now I'm too worn out to read every post Blush)

Anyway, thanks so much for your program and I'll be looking forward to more updates. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go cut myself.
(11-14-2014, 04:46 AM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]Jays2Kings do you think you could add configurable swipe controls?
Just thinking of ways to better use the touchpad for more them a mouse.
When I´m gaming I don´t use the touchpad as a mouse since there is no need for it.
So would be nice to have more commands keys for the touchpad.

Also I have one kind of issue with the touchpad PS hotkey.
I´m using PS button as a modifier and the touchpad as hotkeys.
So the touchpad movement keeps being enable and disable.
A option to disable the touchpad movement on a profile would be really nice.

I´m making a extensive guide on using your DS4 tool with a heavily modded Skyrim.
Adding a lot of custom hotkeys using the "shift modifier" and the touchpad.
And that was when I started thinking about more touch functions.
I already use the modifier for some emulators. For like Save/Load State, turbo, screenshot.

So is just a suggestion and curiosity Laugh
Thanks so much for all your work!
Cheers!

I onced asked about it, but no one seemed to have need for swipe controls, I'll look into it after my next update.
(11-14-2014, 05:16 AM)TesseractE Wrote: [ -> ]If I only use USB, it seems to behave. Obviously, this is just a workaround, not a solution.
IF it's working on usb, it might be your bluetooth, van you tell me what your adapter is, or the one built in is? only BT's on windows stacks works right now.

(11-14-2014, 11:08 AM)Synner Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is there any way to get the triggers working without digital button 'clicks' with DInput or is that still on the ToDo list? Some older games I play don't really support XInput and I can't manually set the analog axis. (Apologies if this has been asked, right now I'm too worn out to read every post Blush)

Sorry about all that stress haha, anyway, right now there's no way to modify the dinput, however what you can do in games which I find to work is hold the triggers halfway, click the control you want to assign, then push it in fully.