..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The new update completely broke the bluetooth support for me. I can only use my DS4 wired since then. Revert back to old version doesn't help either and I don't know what to do Sad
Reposting again since I'm still having this problem: I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a controller issue I'm having please. I'm trying to use a DS4 controller wired, and DS4Windows (1.4.5) recognizes my controller and picks up all the stick/button/rumble/light etc inputs in the "Controller Readings" tab perfectly fine, but I'm completely unable to map buttons on the screen in the "Controls" tab. Nothing is being picked up at all.

Edit: Wow, nevermind, fixed everything when I clicked "Hide DS4 controller"
I wonder why "hide DS4" isn't enabled by default. Seems the majority of issue is because users don't have it enabled or know what it does. The whole point of the program is to make the controller work with xinput anyway.
Hi All

I bought a "new" DS4 controller from amazon, delivered saturday and installed DS4 windows, but the controller is not recognised at all (doesnt come up on the first page). It does work in game (fifa17) but not everything works, such as the right stick.

I work in IT so have a decent grasp of the concepts and am pulling my hair out.

I have tried everything that the internet has to offer:

Exclusive mode
Killing explorer
Stopping network services
Reinstalling drivers
Even inputmapper, and all the other tools

Yet.. my controller is not recognised.

Im running windows 10 and using a basic bluetooth usb from amazon (the best seller)
I have also tried plugging the controller in wired but it makes no difference.

My questions:

Do you think buying the sony Bluetooth USB will make any difference? (Surely its just a normal BT adaptor at a premium price?)

Has the "recent update" to ds42windows broken / changed something as another poster above mentions?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

So frustrating Sad
(09-26-2016, 10:48 AM)Ds4frustration Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All
I bought a "new" DS4 controller from amazon, delivered saturday and installed DS4 windows, but the controller is not recognised at all (doesnt come up on the first page). It does work in game (fifa17) but not everything works, such as the right stick.
Is the DS4 you have the newer model with the lightbar strip on the touchpad? If so, try inputmapper again because there's patched dll's for it to detect the different Device ID it may have. Other tools like DS4Windows might need an update to support it. Not sure since I don't have one of those DS4v2's https://inputmapper.com/31-check-in-sept...port-added

DS4Windows has worked for me perfectly since I used it minus Windows 10 update breaking exclusive mode now and again. So everyone's issue seems to be some unsupported bluetooth driver/dongle, some weird software configuration or double inputs/not working at all in games because "hide DS4" was not enabled.

The killing explorer stopping network services workaround thing to fix "hide ds4" exclusive mode was just for the vanilla Windows 10 build 10240. Was fixed in the next major update build 10586 but broken again in the current build 14393. The current workaround was to disable/re-enable the controller in device manager or using the tool from inputmapper but that has been baked in DS4Windows. So you don't have to do it now.

For anyone connecting to bluetooth for the first time, PS + Share and fast blinking lightbar LED is the pairing mode. After that just pressing PS button is enough to reconnect. PS + option or holding PS button for 10 seconds to disconnect from BT. Don't be connected to BT then plugging in wired at the same time if you wanna charge it. I've had weird issues doing that. Disconnect BT before going wired. I guess the "Quick Charge" in settings to auto-disable BT when plugging in USB is for that problem.
(09-26-2016, 11:32 AM)Vanquo Wrote: [ -> ]Is the DS4 you have the newer model with the lightbar strip on the touchpad? If so, try inputmapper again because there's patched dll's for it to detect the different Device ID it may have. Other tools like DS4Windows might need an update to support it. Not sure since I don't have one of those DS4v2's https://inputmapper.com/31-check-in-sept...port-added

DS4Windows has worked for me perfectly since I used it minus Windows 10 update breaking exclusive mode now and again. So everyone's issue seems to be some unsupported bluetooth driver/dongle, some weird software configuration or double inputs/not working at all in games because "hide DS4" was not enabled.

The killing explorer stopping network services workaround thing to fix "hide ds4" exclusive mode was just for the vanilla Windows 10 build 10240. Was fixed in the next major update build 10586 but broken again in the current build 14393. The current workaround was to disable/re-enable the controller in device manager or using the tool from inputmapper but that has been baked in DS4Windows. So you don't have to do it now.

For anyone connecting to bluetooth for the first time, PS + Share and fast blinking lightbar LED is the pairing mode. After that just pressing PS button is enough to reconnect. PS + option or holding PS button for 10 seconds to disconnect from BT. Don't be connected to BT then plugging in wired at the same time if you wanna charge it.  I've had weird issues doing that. Disconnect BT before going wired. I guess the "Quick Charge" in settings to auto-disable BT when plugging in USB is for that problem.

Thank you so much for this quick response..

Yes. It is the new ps4 controller, and from what you describe (about inputmapper) my guess is that they havent updated the drivers on ds4windows yet.

Ill try inputmapper again - do you know if beta v2 i need or 1.5? And if that fails, consider getting a sony BT dongle..

Otherwise, heres hoping for an update on ds4windows... really need to get those skill moves going Smile
(09-26-2016, 02:02 PM)Ds4frustration Wrote: [ -> ]Ill try inputmapper again - do you know if beta v2 i need or 1.5? And if that fails, consider getting a sony BT dongle..
Use v1.5. Just drop in the patched dll's from the link in my previous post in the application folder. 

I would advice against the sony dongle. All it adds is audio support from the headphone jack on the controller. Doesn't even add Xinput support or anything. It would still only be DirectInput. Would still need to use DS4Windows/InputMapper or other Xinput wrappers.

Here's a video from the InputMapper dev to clear up the confusion on what the Sony Dongle does and some basic stuff about DirectInput, Xinput and why Sony won't make drivers to make it work like Xbox controllers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsRYmaZx4F8

Also it's not really about updating drivers or anything. The program just needs to recognize the different hardware ID.

Can you also share the Hardware ID of that controller. You can find it device manager > Human Input Devices and it should be called HID-compliant game controller or Bluetooth HID Device. The Hardware ID is in properties > details. You can also find it in the Events tab. The model no. of the new controller is CUH-ZCT2U.

For example, the old DS4 is either of these in device manager:
USB Input Device - USB\VID_054C&PID_05C4
HID-compliant game controller - HID\VID_054C&PID_05C4
Bluetooth HID Device - BTHENUM\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_VID&0002054c_PID&05c4
(09-26-2016, 03:04 PM)OVanquo Wrote: [ -> ]Use v1.5. Just drop in the patched dll's from the link in my previous post in the application folder. 

I would advice against the sony dongle. All it adds is audio support from the headphone jack on the controller. Doesn't even add Xinput support or anything. It would still only be DirectInput. Would still need to use DS4Windows/InputMapper or other Xinput wrappers.

Here's a video from the InputMapper dev to clear up the confusion on what the Sony Dongle does and some basic stuff about DirectInput, Xinput and why Sony won't make drivers to make it work like Xbox controllers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsRYmaZx4F8

Also it's not really about updating drivers or anything. The program just needs to recognize the different hardware ID.

Can you also share the Hardware ID of that controller. You can find it device manager > Human Input Devices and it should be called HID-compliant game controller or Bluetooth HID Device. The Hardware ID is in properties > details. You can also find it in the Events tab. The model no. of the new controller is CUH-ZCT2U.

For example, the old DS4 is either of these in device manager:
USB Input Device - USB\VID_054C&PID_05C4
HID-compliant game controller - HID\VID_054C&PID_05C4
Bluetooth HID Device - BTHENUM\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_VID&0002054c_PID&05c4

Thanks again.. last time i tried inputmapper i wasnt sure which driver to install.. do you know which one is the best for the new DS4?
Works really fine, just a little question ,this bluetooth adapter works? 
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-blu...Id=4884001
@vanquo

What can I say!!
Inputmapper worked with those new DLLs!!

Thank you so much, was working 10 hours on this yesterday!

Superstar, thanks!!!