..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-26-2016, 09:17 PM)Vanquo Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's hard to extrapolate anything from that post. Try uninstalling every remnant of the controller from device manager. In the bluetooth section its called "wireless controller" and in human interface devices uninstall bluetooth HID device with this hardware ID "VID&0002054c_PID&05c4". Then try pairing it up again. You can also try finding it in "Device and Printers" in the classic control panel.

Also if the driver was recently updated during the Windows 10 anniversary update go in device manager and rollback to a previous driver that worked. Windows 10 should already have drivers for most generic bluetooth adapters, if not then it should automatically download it.

How this suppose to help?

I already told you, the problem is After Win 10 Anniversary update, I can't see Bluetooth in "Devices"(not device manger) anymore.. I have no idea how to fix that..
(09-30-2016, 12:54 PM)Emulatongs Wrote: [ -> ]How this suppose to help?

I already told you, the problem is After Win 10 Anniversary update, I can't see Bluetooth in "Devices"(not device manger) anymore.. I have no idea how to fix that..
Dude, your problem isn't even related to DS4Windows at all. It's like Windows and hardware driver stuff. Have you even searched your specific bluetooth dongle on google and see if there's any specific problem associated with it and Windows 10 AU?  If everyone else has it working with it then there's something wrong with your OS install.

It would also help if there was some more information about that bluetooth dongles model. People can't give you driver links for hardware they don't know about. You didn't even say if you tried uninstalling the the bluetooth device and drivers from device manager and letting Windows find compatible drivers from windows update. One of the reasons it might not show in the settings menu is because Windows doesn't think you have bluetooth at all or at least one with compatible drivers.

At this point we're at tech support crap like "is it plugged in? turn it off and on again" kinda deal. Windows 10 has that "reset this PC" thing you could use. You just have to do basic back ups before you do all that. Like making a system image or clone of your current setup before you do a reset. Sometimes it's just better to nuke the OS and start fresh than to pull your hair out trying figure out the exact cause. It's usually faster too.
Hey guys, I'm having some issues getting this thing to find my controller via USB.

First of all I'm running Windows 7 (64). I went and installed the drivers (including the ones for the 360 controller) which went fine, no issues, and everything seems to be up and running. I also thought it would be best to restart the PC. When I open the main window however I don't see my controller in the list, it just says "No controllers connected". I've tried all ports on my PC and the cable + controller work just fine with my PS4, so I know they aren't faulty.

Not really sure what more to comment on, it's a very brief procedure installing this. I also have no idea what could be causing this.

I plan on setting up a bluetooth connection after this, I hope it doesn't cause me as much grief as this.
(10-04-2016, 12:20 AM)Jeimii Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I'm having some issues getting this thing to find my controller via USB.

In device manager under System Devices, is there 'Scp Virtual Bus Driver' present? If not, got into DS4Windows settings and click the install/Uninstall Vbus Driver link. Installer window will pop, tick 'Force Install' and click install. That driver is what you need for DS4Windows to see your controller. Otherwise maybe all the usb ports are busted i dunno.

Maybe try installing InputMapper if that doesn't work. IM has a more foolproof driver installer I think. You can still run DS4Windows after if you want. They use the same driver.
(10-04-2016, 12:20 AM)Jeimii Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I'm having some issues getting this thing to find my controller via USB.

First of all I'm running Windows 7 (64). I went and installed the drivers (including the ones for the 360 controller) which went fine, no issues, and everything seems to be up and running. I also thought it would be best to restart the PC. When I open the main window however I don't see my controller in the list, it just says "No controllers connected". I've tried all ports on my PC and the cable + controller work just fine with my PS4, so I know they aren't faulty.

Do you know if your controller is a v1 or v2 controller?  I have 2 v1 controllers, they work fine, and just bought a v2 controller -  it's not working.  The Device ID is probably unknown to DS4Windows, so it doesn't appear.  I imagine the author will add the necessary device ID to permit detection.

I hope this is corrected soon, I'm down to one controller that works right now - my second v1 controller blew a trigger button (stupid weak plastic design), and can't use the new one.  Will be receiving some more trigger buttons soon, but meanwhile... gotta be careful with the last remaining working controller Smile

I understand other projects are adding support, such as inputmapper - albeit you have to manually copy the upgraded dll's until the author packages/releases a new update.
Yeah InputMapper already has the new DS4 revision supported in v1.6. No more patched dll's to replace needed. Also has some Sony dongle fixes too. Not sure if DS4Windows has the same issues concerning Sony dongle support though. Don't own one.

If you could share the Device ID of the new DS4 controller that would maybe help Jays2Kings in patching it in.
(10-04-2016, 03:03 AM)Vanquo Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah InputMapper already has the new DS4 revision supported in v1.6. No more patched dll's to replace needed. Also has some Sony dongle fixes too. Not sure if DS4Windows has the same issues concerning Sony dongle support though. Don't own one.

If you could share the Device ID of the new DS4 controller that would maybe help Jays2Kings in patching it in.

The info I found is:

Bluetooth Vendor ID: 4C 05
Bluetooth Product ID:  CC 09
Hardware ID: BTHENUM\Dev_401B5F6F6B1B

I hope that helps.  If there's something else needed, I'd be happy to provide.
(10-04-2016, 03:18 AM)Tristan Young Wrote: [ -> ]The info I found is:

Bluetooth Vendor ID: 4C 05
Bluetooth Product ID:  CC 09
Hardware ID: BTHENUM\Dev_401B5F6F6B1B

I hope that helps.  If there's something else needed, I'd be happy to provide.
No not that one. To help make finding it easier, download USBDeview http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html. Plug the controller in wired USB and find This:
[Image: pRHSOYi.png][Image: 0snND3n.png]
(10-04-2016, 02:38 AM)Vanquo Wrote: [ -> ]In device manager under System Devices, is there 'Scp Virtual Bus Driver' present? If not, got into DS4Windows settings and click the install/Uninstall Vbus Driver link. Installer window will pop, tick 'Force Install' and click install. That driver is what you need for DS4Windows to see your controller. Otherwise maybe all the usb ports are busted i dunno.

Maybe try installing InputMapper if that doesn't work. IM has a more foolproof driver installer I think. You can still run DS4Windows after if you want. They use the same driver.

There was/is an item called Scp Virtual Bus Driver there already. I uninstalled it in an attempt to refresh the install, but I had no luck...

I don't see a link to the installation you mentioned in the settings menu, though I can get back to the welcome screen where I can choose to install the driver through that, if that's what you mean? I ended up using the ones that came with the download; ScpDriver.exe, that's the same thing, right?

(10-04-2016, 02:41 AM)Tristan Young Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know if your controller is a v1 or v2 controller?  I have 2 v1 controllers, they work fine, and just bought a v2 controller -  it's not working.  The Device ID is probably unknown to DS4Windows, so it doesn't appear.  I imagine the author will add the necessary device ID to permit detection.

I hope this is corrected soon, I'm down to one controller that works right now - my second v1 controller blew a trigger button (stupid weak plastic design), and can't use the new one.  Will be receiving some more trigger buttons soon, but meanwhile... gotta be careful with the last remaining working controller Smile

I understand other projects are adding support, such as inputmapper - albeit you have to manually copy the upgraded dll's until the author packages/releases a new update.

I honestly have no idea what versions my controllers are, but I've tried one that I got with the PS4 at launch and one that I got just recently, so I'm guessing I've tried both versions.
(10-04-2016, 04:17 AM)Jeimii Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly have no idea what versions my controllers are, but I've tried one that I got with the PS4 at launch and one that I got just recently, so I'm guessing I've tried both versions.
Does your PC see your controller at all even without DS4Windows or the Scp driver? In control panel > devices and printers it should show up as 'Wireless Controller' and show up in game controller settings as well. The new version btw has a transparent strip on the touchpad showing the Lightbar LED. But I'm guessing if you couldn't tell the difference then maybe its not that...

Try InputMapper anyway, it's more or less the same as DS4Windows in function. At least we know it supports the Slim/Pro revision of DS4. If that doesn't work.. Something else is wrong. Maybe you don't have DirectX runtime installed or something. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=8109