..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a weird one: my Dualshock 4 suddenly stopped being able to connect to Windows. I bought this DS4 about two months ago, I use it over USB (no bluetooth on the desktop) and everything was fine until today when I noticed it had a pulsating yellow light. Googling, apparently this is a DS4 "I can't connect" error light.

DS4Windows wouldn't see the controller, Windows' controller management wouldn't show the controller, it was just gone. I tried different cables, thinking it was that, same issue. Saw advice that says to push the reset button on the back of the controller, no dice -- it just comes back to the pulsating yellow light.

Switched the controller to a different USB port on my machine, and after a brief driver re-install, DS4Windows can see it, Windows can see it, everything is fine. But I still can't use that other USB port. I'd assume something on my system just died, but I've plugged other devices in to that other USB port and they work without issue.

Digging through the Windows Event Viewer, I found this:

Quote:WUDFPf (part of UMDF) did not load yet. After it does, Windows will start the device again.
Quote:The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000.

WudfRD is the "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Platform Driver" (what a mouthful) and this maybe seems to indicate DS4Windows is having a driver failure, though, really, I'm just taking shots in the dark here. Any tips? I'd really like to keep the DS4 on that other USB port if possible, because now it's taking up one of my (valuable!) USB3.0 ports.

If it also helps, when using that other USB port, plugging the DS4 in, I hear Windows make the USB connection sound, it just refuses to see the controller.
Hopefully I don't get in trouble for a double post, but here's how I fixed it, and in doing so, I realize I never specified: I'm on Windows 10.

All I did was search for "USB" in the start menu, and went in to "Connected Device Settings." Plugging the DS4 in to the other USB port (the one that stopped working), I noticed it listed "Wireless Controller - Driver Error". Clicking on it gave me the option to uninstall the drivers, which I did, and after unplugging and re-plugging the DS4 in to that USB port, it works again.
has anybody been having problems with the ds4 app and orgins? i'll be playing bf1 and the controller will disconnect and reconnect.
Hi, thanks for the software Jay2Kings

Could you add a simple "turbo" option for buttons?

By that I mean, when you hold a button like square for example, it simulates pressing the button repeatedly, the speed of how fast the button is pressed could be adjustable

A little concern related to the Ps4 controller itself and not the Ds4Windows software, the controller at first wasn't charging when plugged to the PC, after resetting the controller it appears to charge but its batteries were at 0%+ when I opened my PC today, I wonder if the controller loses batteries when the PC isn't opened or if the Ds4 software doesn't activate it
Hi, first of all thank you for this amazing tool love using it.

I am having something of a small issue however with it, no matter what i seem to do 2 games that i play namely Soul Reaver and Defiance (both the PC Version) seem to refuse to take the arrow keys as input into the game when rebound to the controller using ds4windows, all other control's seem okay.

Anything i can do to fix this, have tried scan code, especially as this seems to be needed in order for Defiance to work in the first place but nothing seems to work, any advice would be appreciated, once again thank you for the tool and any assistance that can be given.
(01-20-2017, 04:30 PM)Cyrax Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I have an issue with DS4Windows. When I installed it for the first time all worked perfectly but now when I plug my ds4 controller My pc freeze completly! All i can do is an hard reboot. I tried to uninstall DS3tools, I thought maybe there is a conflict with the drivers. i tried with ds4tools too and it's the same thing (works at first but freeze after ) I also tried to reinstall the ds4 windows driver But that doesnt work. Can somebody help me?  Unsure

Hi, created an account just to reply here, i also have the same issue and its because of the latest windows 10 update. the DS4 Controller ir currently useless to us on windows 10 unless either the ds4windows dev or microsoft fix this. also might be useful to mention people have the same issue with the xbox controller as well !

hope we'll get a fix soon.
Hi,

I used to have my four ds4 controllers working fine with an older version of ds4windows but I recently swapped out two controllers with the updated DS4 controllers (but not using the Sony BT dongle).

I had some other hardware changes so I had to re-pair my original two DS4 controllers in addition to the two updated DS4 controllers. Everything seems to pair up fine and I'm able to get four 'Wireless controllers' and 'Xbox 360 Controllers' listed in control panel on the initial install.

After rebooting, I'm not able to get the 'Xbox 360 Controller' to be detected which is required for xinput games. DS4Windows detects the controllers and lights them up, it just seems like the SCP driver doesn't do it's magic to emulate the 360 controllers for xinput.

The quick fix is to stop DS4Windows and do a force install of the scp driver using the scpdriver.exe in the DS4Windows directory. Then, if I open DS4windows and press the PS button, they are all able to connect and the four 'Xbox 360 Controllers' are detected in control panel.

I'm running Win 7 x64 with all the latest patches installed as well as the latest version of Ds4Windows.

I hate to have to force re-install the SCP driver on every reboot to get DS4Windows to work properly.

Does anyone know of a fix to this?
Is there a way to config the input like motioninjoy? Some games that I play only take this type of input instead the custom one
[Image: ihmIsyN.png]
my issue with ds4windows: whenever i install and use ds4windows, sensitivity of the R2 (and i suspect other L and R buttons, though not sure) is wayyy low, and even after adjusting it up to 150% it's still not quite at standard sensitivity, let alone being able to have a boosted button sensitivity.

using a genuine ds4 controller in windows 10, same problem whether BT or wired
(01-27-2017, 12:42 PM)woomera Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, created an account just to reply here, i also have the same issue and its because of the latest windows 10 update. the DS4 Controller ir currently useless to us on windows 10 unless either the ds4windows dev or microsoft fix this. also might be useful to mention people have the same issue with the xbox controller as well !

hope we'll get a fix soon.

Hey, I'm glad to see i'm not the only in this case Lol. I forgot to mention that I am on windows 64 bits