..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I have DS4 Windows and the other day I did a fresh restart on my PC and when I installed DS4 again, it was nice and smooth and one thing I noticed is everytime I connected my controller through using BT, it keeps popping up the " User Account Control" and I have to press the " Yes " button everytime, and I remember not being like this, It's getting very annoying now, can anyone help? thanks...
(06-12-2017, 09:18 PM)BluDude-_ Wrote: [ -> ]Hey I have DS4 Windows and the other day I did a fresh restart on my PC and when I installed DS4 again, it was nice and smooth and one thing I noticed is everytime I connected my controller through using BT, it keeps popping up the " User Account Control" and I have to press the " Yes " button everytime, and I remember not being like this, It's getting very annoying now, can anyone help? thanks...

I recommend auto-running DS4Windows through the Windows task scheduler, rather than ticking the "Run DS4Windows when Windows Starts" checkbox.

Press:  WIN + R, type:  taskschd.msc   and then press ENTER.

Create a new task in the scheduler, give it highest privileges, and make it auto-start when any user logs in.  This will prevent UAC from appearing.

If you are running other applications that make use of game controllers such as Steam or Origin, use this method to auto-run them as well, except make sure those start after DS4Windows by applying a delay of a few minutes.  Personally I don't like things like Steam and Origin running in the background all the time, so I usually run them on-demand manually instead.  Doing this should help give DS4Windows exclusive access to the controllers.

Be sure you're using the latest version of DS4Windows.  I'm using the fork found here:

https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases

Hopefully the improvements found in the fork will get merged with the official DS4Windows source.
(06-13-2017, 12:18 AM)Tristan Young Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend auto-running DS4Windows through the Windows task scheduler, rather than ticking the "Run DS4Windows when Windows Starts" checkbox.

Press:  WIN + R, type:  taskschd.msc   and then press ENTER.

Create a new task in the scheduler, give it highest privileges, and make it auto-start when any user logs in.  This will prevent UAC from appearing.

If you are running other applications that make use of game controllers such as Steam or Origin, use this method to auto-run them as well, except make sure those start after DS4Windows by applying a delay of a few minutes.  Personally I don't like things like Steam and Origin running in the background all the time, so I usually run them on-demand manually instead.  Doing this should help give DS4Windows exclusive access to the controllers.

Be sure you're using the latest version of DS4Windows.  I'm using the fork found here:

Hopefully the improvements found in the fork will get merged with the official DS4Windows source.
Thanks for posting this fork, it is much improved!
Hey there so I downloaded the DS4 windows tool and looked through a few different videos, but i cant seem to get the DS4 tool to read my controller. I can hear my PC detecting my controller but for some odd reason the DS4 wont read my controller and I do not understand what I am doing wrong
(06-19-2017, 01:47 AM)AnotherLife Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for posting this fork, it is much improved!

I'd like to pay some mad respect to Jays2Kings, Ryochan7, and anyone else who helps further the development through coding bug reports, and feature requests.  DS4Windows is fantastic, allows us to use (in my humble opinion) the best game controllers available with our favorite PC games, and it continues to improve.
(06-04-2017, 09:28 PM)Tristan Young Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Folks.  It seems like this fork of DS4Windows is not receiving much support.

I found another fork which picks up where this one leaves off.

Thanks a ton for posting this. It turns out that I've been using a gamepad keymapper for Linux that Ryochan7 made, so I know he does awesome work. His DS4Windows has been fantastic.
Just wanted to leave some thanks for all the people that worked on the different versions of this project. Been using it for years.
So, I'm going a bit insane here.

I'm trying to get DS4Windows (1.4.81 Ryochan) to work with Fallout New Vegas (under Steam). I have a profile loaded, and I'm able to make some changes to the profile which is affected in the game (swapped some keys around), but I can't get the right stick to work. Well... let me rephrase that - I had it working at some point, and then it hasn't worked again. I have no idea what I did, but this is now driving me crazy.

Can anyone offer some help, please?

I should also let you know that I have the DS4 hidden, and the only controller Steam can see is the 360 controller (Steam doesn't auto-load, and is only opened after DS4Windows has been opened).
How can i change RS to function as LS?