..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I've got an issue with DS4Windows, could you please take a look?

1. So, I connect my Dualshock 4 with DS4Windows to my Windows 7 PC via bluetooth. Everything works just fine, I can switch on/off my gamepad many times, it connects fast and easy;
2. Then I connect this gamepad to my PS4 via USB-cable. It works fine as well.
3. Then I'm trying to re-connect Dualshock to my PC and here's the problem: PC does not see the device. Lightbar is blinking, Dualshock is in "searching mode" but it's not connecting to PC at all.

The only way to connect the gamepad to PC again is to completely remove existing pairing and re-connect gamepad "from scratches": delete "wireless device" from Windows, start new bluetooth-search, enter a pairing code (0000) and so on.
And it works pretty fine, connects and disconnects fast and easy - until I connect this gamepad to PS4. Then DS4Windows loses this connection and cannot work with it.

I've tried to reboot Dualshock (reset button), switch it off (PS+Options), reboot my PC and PS4 - it all has no effect.
The only way is to delete existing pairing and start from the beginning?

Is there any fast and easy way to restore existing pairing with gamepad and DS4Windows after connecting it to PS4?
Maybe there's some kind of cunning keyboard shortcuts or smth?
Or should I realy delete and re-pair my Dualshock and PC every time I played at PS4?

Thank you very much!
(Excuse my terrible english, I'm not a native speaker.)
Getting allways the failure could not open DS4 excöusievly

rly tried so many stuff, uninstalling everything, stopped nvidia, nvidia overlay deactivated and even after a fresh restart nothing works. rly i am close to just uninstall it. this problem is there since a huge long time and nothing has changed it.
So was trying to create a rapid fire macro with the X / Square button. So it just repeats. I press the button a few times and check record delay, plus the repeat while held. Saved and then saved profile.

Now tried it multiple times in a few different games, restarted the games and restarted DS4windows. Plus DS4windows is run as admin.... Nothing works..

I even tried to use the X / Square button to create a macro that types the " H and I " keys... that didnt work either. Can anyone help?
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere;

I've been using an old version of DS4Windows for a while, updated today. My old version had a virtual 360 device in controller settings, with the option of hiding the DS4 device, like so;

[Image: PwuDcBs.png]

The new version only seems to hide the DS4 device, but no virtual 360 device. Am I missing an option somewhere?

[Image: 6fVKP1C.png]

edit: answered my own question; the option is here for the new (to me) version;

[Image: L38Egyf.png]
Hi guys,

First I want to thanks the developers behind this life saver software, as it let me use my DS4 with pc without major issues, again thanks for the devs.

So I just installed the new version of DS4windows, everythings work fine so far with a wired DS4 v2 controller, but I noticed high CPU load (around 40%) after the pc wakeup, had to restart the application to remove the CPU usage.

Anyone have any idea why it behave like this ? I am using Windows 10 x64 1809.

In another subject, is there a way to add battery calibration tool so I can use it for my DS4, because I don't have any bluetooth receiver and I use it only through USB port, I know at this rate the battery with be dead in no time.

But the CPU load issue is more important to look into IMO.
Hi, i have a problem with ds4windows.
I crrectly installed the zip file and extracted the files, and i want to play fortnite so i open fortnite but many commands of the pad don't work, so i can't play. what can i do?
Updating issues:

I'm using the ryochan7 fork and at some point a few versions back something happened in which ds4win sees there is an update, but pressing the button to update doesn't trigger the updater. Running the updater in the folder updates the app just fine however. I'm not sure whats going awry here

Kaygov

Hi,I seem to be having problems with connecting my controllers. was hoping someone could assist as I'm not sure whether it's the program itself or something else. Pretty much a newbie to all this but basically here are my problems.

1) When I start up my PC i'm able to connect my controllers (wired method) without any issues, but then when I disconnect them and then try to reconnect them, they do not reconnect. I've found that just moving the cable to another port solves the issue sometimes, but it's pretty tedious and annoying as it sometimes does not work and I don't have any case ports or ports that are at the front of my tower. To counteract this, I bought an expansion port and kept that at the front of the case, but when I connect the controllers to it, DS4windows just ends up freezing but after disconnecting them, it unfreezes and claims the controller was connected.

2) I think this might be on the part of the cheap ass bluetooth 2.0 dongle I bought but, I can connect the controllers using bluetooth as well, but they work for like 5 seconds before shutting off completely
(10-13-2014, 11:20 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT : the new active branch is there : I don't have anything pop up after I click on Controller/Driver Setup when I try to install the DS4 Driver. Please help!

https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases

That's right another thread! I'm finally making another thread and leaving electrobrains' alone, as I now have a website for info and builds. The new site is at ds4windows.com.

So for those that don't know:

What is DS4Windows?
DS4Windows was a project originally started by InhexSTER by the name of DS4 Tool. The tool was later branched off by electrobrains. I then later made my own branch of it. This program allows the PS4 controller (DualShock 4) to emulate an Xbox 360 controller, which allows far more games to be compatible with the DualShock 4 than out of the box.

Wait so there's other versions before it? So what's so special about yours?
Well I really just wanted to make my own version with my own UI and features. The first two of the programmers hadn't had things I wanted such a tool to have such as profiles.

So where can I download?
The first build as of moving to new servers is below, however you can always get the newest build via ds4windows.com.

...and installing it?
It's a portable program, meaning you can place the program where ever you want: in your downloads folder or program files, it's up to you. If it's your first time using the tool, you will need to install a x360 emulated driver for this to properly function, DS4Windows will properly walk you through this.

I get double input in some games or  pausing is mapped to another button
Check Hide DS4, some games can actually read the DS4's input without this program. Make sure to connect your controller while the game isn't open  as hiding the ds4 only works when such games or clients like steam or uplay aren't running/taking control of the controller. You will see a warning in the log/bottom of DS4Windows if the controller could not be exclusively gained.

SIMPLE & CLEAN UI
[Image: RaNtdQ6.png]
Since the idea is to get to get your controller ready for games, The UI was made to make to be quick to pick up. Once first launched, the tool takes your through the setup, gives you a default profile and you're ready to go, or if you choose you can change things to your heart's content.

PROFILE SYSTEM
[Image: Gg8ljnl.png]
With profiles, it makes it easier to quickly swap through various settings for your controller. You can set up controls for certain games, or set the lightbar to your favorite color. You can even swipe two fingers along the touchpad to swap profiles without the need to even open back the program.

TONS OF OPTIONS
[Image: WickedUnsungHorse.gif]
From control mapping, to touchpad sensitivity, to marcos, to rainbow lightbar, to motion controls, to launching a program with profiles, there are plenty of settings to play around with.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask in this thread.

Changelog (Full changelog + older builds available here)

Version 1.4.27
(Windows 10) Thanks to another workaround found, it has been added to DS4Windows, there is a button on the main tab, to connect your controller exclusively, this will temporarily kill explorer (The taskbar) and bring it back once a controller is connected
Macros: When recording with a delay, you can now add rumble and changing the lightbar color during the macro, you can use the touchpad zones to add rumble or lightbar options. To change how much rumble happens or the lightbar color, just double click the item in the list

DS4Updater 1.1.27
Updates are now downloaded from Github
UI fixes, with clearer errors and "Open DS4" changed to say "Open DS4W"
If you choose to open DS4W after an update, DS4Windows will update the updater, so you won't see the command prompt window if you choose this route.

Version 1.4.269
Fixed trying to edit actions with Xbox Game DVR
Fixed Hide DS4 crashing DS4Windows on 64-bit machines

Version 1.4.267
Fixes for adding programs to auto profiles
hi . i have a PS4 Wired Die Hard controller but the DS4windows can not find my controller , i use my controller to play in Steam without any problem , steam recognize it as PS4 controller and everything is work fine even on Bigscreen steam . but i wanted to test DS4Windows to have some more options like changing the Controller Light color and ... but it doesn't recognize it at all , i tried all the possible ways and installed everything that it needs , restarted my PC and ... but didnt help at all . whats the problem ? BTW this is Original PS4 controller .