..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

One of the major issues that many users using the DS4 controller on PC face, is that after some time it's impossible to put the controller in pairing mode, anymore. It works perfectly fine, but it's stuck being paired with that Pc/laptop.

The key combination for entering pairing mode does nothing. Resetting the controller (pushing the hole in tha back) does nothing.

The only way to fix this, that I found, is connecting the controller with a USB cable to a PS4, and triggering a "forced pairing mode" or a "forced controller reset" from there (no idea of what this is actually called).

But many, me included, never had a PS4.

- Is there any chance that DS4Windows can recreates whatever input the PS4 sends? To allow the controller to be able to get into pairing mode again?

This would be single-hand the best possible feature for people that use a DS4 only for PC gaming.

Below more people reporting this (not sure if I can link other websites, change hxxps putting 2 t instead of the 2 x):
hxxps://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/8d4glw/ds4_controller_doesnt_go_into_pairing_mode/

Thanks!

P.S. if somebody knows how to solve this issue, without a PS4, please let me know!
I am having trouble remapping the left and right thumbsticks. I am left handed and have always used "southpaw" controls. In other words, I need the left thumbstick to act as the right thumbstick, and the right thumbstick to act as the left thumbstick. I have remapped them in DS4Windows, but it does not work in Fortnite. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I am using a SCUF Vantage 2 controller, hooked up to a PC running Windows 10 if that helps.
When playing CoD: Modern Warfare remapping isnt working. Is there any work around for this?
Thanks in advance
Good afternoon, I'm Brazilian, I apologize for the weak English.

I wonder if anyone uses DS4 to set up the PS4 controller and play FIFA. I have felt a "slowness" in the response of my control. I would like to know if someone who uses it normally could save their profile or send me a photo of the axis config and other tabs, to see if mine has something different and that is why I am having problems.
(10-14-2014, 01:21 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]That's weird I don't see a window I guess for now I revert that, and ds4windows will just have to stay in alt+tab. I'm currently building on Windows 10, and DS4Windows didn't show in the alt+tab menu, even in the previous versions. What I'm getting at is I won't be able to test if it's removed from the alt tab menu myself.

EDIT: As a reminder though, mouse accel setting does save, it's only when reopening settings, it's unchecked.
I have an xbox one controller that I want to use on my ps4, with the PS4 Remote Play program. so I have to emulate or control it so that it becomes a ps4 controller for anyone who programs or recognizes it. could you help me do this with DS4Windows?
Is this the only place where people can ask questions about DS4Windows? Seems like a lot of recent ones are going unanswered. I'm currently using the program to get square deadzone in Rocket League. I was wondering what this number does on square stick (0-5)

https://i.imgur.com/LIXN0VC.jpg
(02-29-2020, 04:03 PM)xavius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

One of the major issues that many users using the DS4 controller on PC face, is that after some time it's impossible to put the controller in pairing mode, anymore. It works perfectly fine, but it's stuck being paired with that Pc/laptop.

The key combination for entering pairing mode does nothing. Resetting the controller (pushing the hole in tha back) does nothing.

The only way to fix this, that I found, is connecting the controller with a USB cable to a PS4, and triggering a "forced pairing mode" or a "forced controller reset" from there (no idea of what this is actually called).

But many, me included, never had a PS4.

- Is there any chance that DS4Windows can recreates whatever input the PS4 sends? To allow the controller to be able to get into pairing mode again?

This would be single-hand the best possible feature for people that use a DS4 only for PC gaming.

Below more people reporting this (not sure if I can link other websites, change hxxps putting 2 t instead of the 2 x):
hxxps://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/8d4glw/ds4_controller_doesnt_go_into_pairing_mode/

Thanks!

P.S. if somebody knows how to solve this issue, without a PS4, please let me know!

on win 10 go to bluetooth & others devices and find paired devices ....remove your controller from there ,there is bug where if the controller shut down  ,will be half remove from bluetooth devices, it wont connect and wont pair
  • Excl NÃO SEI POR QUE MAS DEPOIS DAS ÚLTIMAS ATUALIZAÇÕES DO DS4WIN NÃO FUNCIONA MAIS SOM Blink SAIDA P2 FONE DE OUVIDO.
ANTES, NAS PRIMEIRAS VERSÕES, FUNCIONAVA PERFEITAMENTE.   Wacko
INSTALEI A VERSÃO MAIS RECENTE E TENHO Som RX 580 POR HDMI TAMBÉM.
(03-22-2020, 07:41 PM)italodorneles Wrote: [ -> ]Good afternoon, I'm Brazilian, I apologize for the weak English.

I wonder if anyone uses DS4 to set up the PS4 controller and play FIFA. I have felt a "slowness" in the response of my control. I would like to know if someone who uses it normally could save their profile or send me a photo of the axis config and other tabs, to see if mine has something different and that is why I am having problems.

Alguém pode me ajudar? // Can someone help me?
Hello,
Normally i would not report this issue as it was too much a niche feature to be expected but yesterday, DS4windows suddenly let me use my beloved device, "Cronus Max plus" in "ps4" mode and it did allow me to use it as an xbox controller with all the goodies of a cronus max plus brings.

I say suddenly because , it used to cause problems and make DS4windows crash...to be more specific;
When i insert CMplus device to the pc, ds4 windows does not cause any problems, it can show the device in ds4windows app window and it even says "(ps4 Mode) next to it so i am thinking the developer already made it compatible with his software.

Anyways, the moment i plug a Ds4 controller into the CMplus, the cmplus gets crazy and start disconnecting and reconnecting thus crash the DS4window application. 

Now , yesterday it stopped doing that disconnect/re-connect cycle and started working normally and it was a great news because normally i would have to put the CMplus to XBOX mode to make it work on a pc and revert to PS4 Mode and that  was tedious.

Now.
I would love to know how to make DS4windows app, make a cmplus device work with it like yesterday.

so so to recap.

When i insert CMplus to pc, the ds4windows detects it and it s current mode (ps4 mode) but the moment i plug a controller to the CMplus, the device starts disconnect -reconnect cycle until DS4windows crashes. Is there a known fix to this problem? as sometimes it just works.(i can repeatedly make it work now, but the way i make it work is very very complicated which includes a printer sharing switch box and an adapter so to keep things simple i am just holding off and wait for the dev to respond)