..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This version launches for me just fine. Haha. I don't know what it was about the last version that didn't like my system, but everything is okay now.

(11-18-2014, 10:18 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Version 1.4.156
Signifacant CPU usage decrease by reworking how single instances work, on a mobile i7 for example with a single controller connected usage went from 4-6% to .5-1.5%. With no controllers connected the usage went from 2.5-4.5% to 0%!
As mentioned before, single instances has been reworked, so trying to relaunch DS4W more reliably opens the previous instance
Fixed Shift modifer not working if main controls were not modified
Fixed Tilt Left for Shift modifer
Fixed default text of shift controls
Remove touchpad movement notification when swipe for controls is enabled
Can test the rumble motors seprerately via Heavy and Light
Truly implemented Flush HID (I think)
Slight change in profiles, when loading profiles in for the first time in this new version, there may be a slight delay
Updated French Translations
Removed mouse moving as an option for touch swipes controls, as they weren't implemented nor have a purpose to be
DS4Updater 1.1.155
Don't let the jump fool you, this update just keeps the numbers closer together. This update only contains general fixes

Thanks for trying to keep the translations up to date, I know it's a lot and it's always being added to. I see someone was trying to translate to Spanish, if you need any help understand anything, feel free to tell me.

Right now there's now way to save the crash data. I'll to implement a crash log in the future.

EDIT:
PS: For those who updated to 1.4.155 before 1.4.156 was out, the updater is broken, please delete the ds4updater.exe as it will be re downloaded for the next update

You can also replace the old updater with the one attached below
(11-19-2014, 12:22 AM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]This version launches for me just fine. Haha. I don't know what it was about the last version that didn't like my system, but everything is okay now.

That's good to hear, btw if you ever can't launch DS4W b/c it broke, you can run the DS4Updater to see if there's a new version and update from there.
1. Can you call the function in the program that turns the bluetooth mode off (that controls PS+OPTIONS) when it is connected with a cord when bluetooth is on so it will automatically switch to cord mode rather than stay in bluetooth mode while connected with a cord (auto switch to cord mode when bluetooth plugged is detected)? Doesn't make sense for it to still be using bluetooth if it is already plugged in. It kinda cancels each other's logic.

2. Can you put 'controller configuring by button press on controller' to off by default? If you unplug the controller while inside a profile, the button configuring dialogue box will come up permanently. Afterwards if you turn bluetooth right on, the controller will not connect and you won't be able to close out the controller or interact with anything in the background. This would cause a person to have to ctrl + alt + delete to get ds4windows out the way by forcing it to close.

This won't fix the issue, but it will prevent pressing a button by mistake while in this area and accidentally mapping something you didn't intend to.

Thanks bud~
I just noticed that starting DS4Windows minimized doesn't quite work properly. It goes to the system tray instead of the task bar, but it still shows up with alt+tab until you open and minimize it, and also shows up under Apps instead of Background processes in Task Manager (Win8.1) until you do that.

Anybody else?
(11-19-2014, 12:47 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Can you call the function in the program that turns the bluetooth mode off (that controls PS+OPTIONS) when it is connected with a cord when bluetooth is on so it will automatically switch to cord mode rather than stay in bluetooth mode while connected with a cord (auto switch to cord mode when bluetooth plugged is detected)? Doesn't make sense for it to still be using bluetooth if it is already plugged in. It kinda cancels each other's logic.

2. Can you put 'controller configuring by button press on controller' to off by default? If you unplug the controller while inside a profile, the button configuring dialogue box will come up permanently. Afterwards if you turn bluetooth right on, the controller will not connect and you won't be able to close out the controller or interact with anything in the background. This would cause a person to have to ctrl + alt + delete to get ds4windows out the way by forcing it to close.

This won't fix the issue, but it will prevent pressing a button by mistake while in this area and accidentally mapping something you didn't intend to.

Thanks bud~
1. I'm not going to do that be a) turning off BT while plugged in doesn't have a good handoff, and may even crash the program in some cases b) There's time when you just want to quickly charge the controller and go right back to bluetooth, and having to reconnect the controller isn't just a hassle but if you play a ubisoft game, trying to reconnect the controller again with ds4windows will fail.
2. I can't seem to repliacte any of that, I've tried unplugging, replugging and (dis)connecting from bluetooth. None of those times did the window pop up, and even when held down a button while unplugging or used PS+Options to disconnect and it would popup once and I was able to close it no prob. Still since you keep asking I'll make the option stick to what you choose.

(11-19-2014, 01:06 AM)Synner Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed that starting DS4Windows minimized doesn't quite work properly. It goes to the system tray instead of the task bar, but it still shows up with alt+tab until you open and minimize it, and also shows up under Apps instead of Background processes in Task Manager (Win8.1) until you do that.

Anybody else?

I will see if I can fix that.
a) It doesn't crash when pressing [stop] while plugged with bluetooth with 'disconnect when stop' is checked. Calling the function for stop and again right after for it to come back on will achieve this (with the stop bluetooth option on) auto switch without problem. I do this with autohotkey myself by detecting the bluetooth and plugged symbols on the other tab, then simulate pressing the button for it to do so.

b) You would have to wait 30 mins to an hour for the controller to charge. If a person is close enough to the computer while still playing, if they are still playing that long for it to charge, then they probably aren't going to be paying attention to when it finishes and will still be sitting by the computer with it corded still while still playing. Which ubi game? I hotplug with bluetooth all the time with Watchdogs without problems. And if a person forgets and leaves the controller in while bluetooth is still on, bluetooth will be taking power the whole time while the battery will be taking power for itself causing more power consumption vs bluetooth not being on and the battery stopping when it's full because bluetooth isn't on to use power. Even more so since plugged bluetooth itself doesn't time out with the idle option while plugged.

So using the 'a)' option with the start/stop function ONLY when 'bluetooth off on stop' is checked seems safer and more stable instead of using the direct bluetooth off function. That way ppl can have the quick access way and the power saving way both with a flick of a check of an already existing option Smile

2. I restarted, it doesn't happen anymore. Seems to happen sometimes when I get a new version and not restart the pc yet. Okay, the sticking option sounds cool. Sorry, sometimes I forget that I ask some things before when I run into an issue months after I actually said something the first time again Tongue
will this program support old DS3?
i had DS4 and also DS3
i want to use both on pc for multiplayer game like fifa
I'd like to preface this with... I LOVE THIS software and have been using it for quite awhile now. I have now run in to my first issue. I am on the latest version and Windows 8.1.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is not working properly while all other games do work fine. The DS4 is detected and is sort of working but the button mapping is quite messed up (despite the mapping being correct in DS4Windows). For example: R3 is start. The shoulder/triggers are the face buttons, etc. I've never experienced anything like this. If I launch any other game, everything works fine again as normal.

Any advice?
Also had problems for a few days there with it crashing or not launching, but grabbed the update here and all is well.

Really like the addition of swipes. Touchpad is nice for when I play on my TV away from mouse/keyboard, but for my typical use extra controls are more practical and in quick testing they work reliably. Thanks for your work.
Why I have this error when I click to Check for Updates ?

[Image: 6kaXa9F.png]