..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I just got a DS4 controller and have been looking forward to using this program after reading about it on PC Gamer, however I have been unable to due to an "unhandled exception error." I understand this error has something to do with .NET, but I can't find a solution on how to fix it.

Basically what happens is that I've put the latest version of DS4Windows into it's own folder. I run the main exe and then select step 1 to "Install the DS4 Driver" - when the counter reaches 100%, I get the error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue."

"Could not load file or assembly 'System.IO.Compression.FileSystem, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

After that error, if I select "Continue" the main DS4 window comes up, but the controller isn't recognized if I plug it in. Can someone help?
^^
Have you installed Xbox 360 Accessories Software:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/...or-windows

Also, try to reinstall as an admin.
(11-30-2014, 03:28 AM)K.F Wrote: [ -> ]^^
Have you installed Xbox 360 Accessories Software:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/...or-windows

Also, try to reinstall as an admin.

I should have noted that - I've been using the 360 wired controller for several years now without a problem. I'm fairly certain that I installed the drivers for it a long time ago, but if there's some way to make sure let me know. Right now I'm assuming that since the 360 controller has worked perfectly with all supported games, then I must have the necessary software installed.

And yes I am running DS4Windows as an admin.
Hello. I just got myself a DS4, and I'm trying out your software. I like it better than the other branch, but it has some bugs preventing me from using it.

I would like to map a button to toggle a keyboard key on and off. Pushing once should send keydown. Pushing it again should push keyup. I see there is a "Toggle" checkbox in the mapping screen, but it doesn't seem to work. If I map a button to "z" and check toggle, and then try in Notepad, pressing the button intermittently causes "z" to be typed or nothing happens, seemingly at random. Definitely something wrong.

Also, I was experimenting with the macro editor to try to accomplish this. I clicked Record, held down Z, then clicked Stop, so that only the keydown event was recorded. When I pushed the button to execute this macro, ds4windows crashed. Not good.

Ultimately, the setup I would like is that pushing L1 inverts the state of the key permanently, while pushing R1 inverts the state of the key only while it's held. So initially, pushing and releasing R1 would be like pushing and releasing the key. Pushing L1 would push the key and leave it down. Then pushing and releasing R1 would be like releasing and pushing the key. Pushing L1 again would revert back to normal. I don't think it's possible to do this with the current program; it would be great if you could put some kind of "invert" functionality into the keybinding screen or macro editor to enable this scenario.

It would also be great if you could allow the emulated Xbox buttons to be toggled this way.
(11-30-2014, 03:11 AM)ThreeSon Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I just got a DS4 controller and have been looking forward to using this program after reading about it on PC Gamer, however I have been unable to due to an "unhandled exception error." I understand this error has something to do with .NET, but I can't find a solution on how to fix it.

Basically what happens is that I've put the latest version of DS4Windows into it's own folder. I run the main exe and then select step 1 to "Install the DS4 Driver" - when the counter reaches 100%, I get the error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue."

"Could not load file or assembly 'System.IO.Compression.FileSystem, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

After that error, if I select "Continue" the main DS4 window comes up, but the controller isn't recognized if I plug it in. Can someone help?
Try repairing .NET with this repair tool http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=30135

Maybe reinstall .NET 4.5.2 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=42642

Then maybe try installing the SCP driver manually. It should be in your DS4Windows folder. Run ScpDriver.exe and tick 'Force Install' then click install. If its not there it should be in the VBus.zip.
(11-30-2014, 08:02 PM)Vanquo Wrote: [ -> ]Try repairing .NET with this repair tool http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=30135

Maybe reinstall .NET 4.5.2 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=42642

One of these two steps worked. I suspect it was the .NET reinstallation, as I have had problems with 4.5.x versions of .NET in the past. Thanks.
Thanks for all the donations guys, with it, I was able to get a second DS4 to play with a friend + better test things.

Also new version: Version 1.4.16
Extra actions for controls, set rumble, change lightbar and flash, and mouse sensitivity while holding a controls
Regardless of where DS4Windows is first placed, the driver will always install in DS4Windows' directory
Appdata location is now named "DS4Windows". If your profiles are saved in appdata "%Appdata%/DS4Tool" they will be moved automatically to "%Appdata%/DS4Windows", assuming access to the files are available.
DS4Updater 1.1.16
Icon Update

(11-29-2014, 11:02 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Guess the only other way would be good 'ol settings display option radio buttons for the ports to not conflict with anyone's configuration (if it can be done this way and is okay with you of course).
()Use Ports 1-4
()Use Ports 11-14

That's an idea, I'll save it for the next update.

(11-30-2014, 02:29 AM)K.F Wrote: [ -> ]In "XInput Test" software and in PCSX2, while DS4Windows show it in the first slot. Other games act differently, some work flawlessly while others don't even detect the controller. This also happened in scp too, that was the main reason I started using J2K and the other forks just to find they all have the same problem. I'm asking in this thread because J2K is my favorite out of the bunch.

This problem happens randomly when the controller gets disconnected then when I reconnect it, it sticks to #2 while #1 is said to be not connected (Xinput Pad 0 and Xinput Pad 1 in PCSX2). I'm sure I tried to hide DS4 once -I tried every freaking thing at least once- and it did't work, but I will try it again the next time it happens.

Not really, both XInput Test and PCSX2 read it as #1 normally, my problem is when they read it as #2 while there is no #1. In other words, my controller have the XInput index of 1 (second controller), while I want to have it set with index 0 (first controller). Is there anyway to do that? This is a basic functionality that all consoles with wireless controllers have, and I was very surprised to find how difficult it is to do in PC.

(11-30-2014, 03:11 AM)ThreeSon Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I just got a DS4 controller and have been looking forward to using this program after reading about it on PC Gamer, however I have been unable to due to an "unhandled exception error." I understand this error has something to do with .NET, but I can't find a solution on how to fix it.

It seems like you've fixed it, but yes the issue was .NET was out of date.
(11-30-2014, 05:32 AM)Habanero64 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I just got myself a DS4, and I'm trying out your software. I like it better than the other branch, but it has some bugs preventing me from using it.

I would like to map a button to toggle a keyboard key on and off. Pushing once should send keydown. Pushing it again should push keyup. I see there is a "Toggle" checkbox in the mapping screen, but it doesn't seem to work. If I map a button to "z" and check toggle, and then try in Notepad, pressing the button intermittently causes "z" to be typed or nothing happens, seemingly at random. Definitely something wrong.

Also, I was experimenting with the macro editor to try to accomplish this. I clicked Record, held down Z, then clicked Stop, so that only the keydown event was recorded. When I pushed the button to execute this macro, ds4windows crashed. Not good.

Ultimately, the setup I would like is that pushing L1 inverts the state of the key permanently, while pushing R1 inverts the state of the key only while it's held. So initially, pushing and releasing R1 would be like pushing and releasing the key. Pushing L1 would push the key and leave it down. Then pushing and releasing R1 would be like releasing and pushing the key. Pushing L1 again would revert back to normal. I don't think it's possible to do this with the current program; it would be great if you could put some kind of "invert" functionality into the keybinding screen or macro editor to enable this scenario.

It would also be great if you could allow the emulated Xbox buttons to be toggled this way.

I'll look into why the toggle isn't working, but likely macros are not working because you don't have .NET 4.5. I'll also try to see if I can get toggle for 360 controls as well.
Great work on the tool, best UI of the bunch. I have been using it for a while on my computer, and exclusive mode works great. On my son’s computer, it works fine (we see controller, xinput test works) but we can’t get exlusive mode (hide ds4) to work, which means a number of games don't work.

I tried digging through his task manager, to find something 'holding' the 'Controller', but steam and mumble were not running. I tried anything thing else I even remotely suspected, but still can't get it to hide the controller.

Any other trouble shooting tips? Is there any way I can find out which application is preventing the exclusive mode from working?

~S
The new version keeps showing:
"Cannot move files, to new location, please close out of any profiles in external programs"
Them it closes itself.
Manually moving the files fixed the problem Laugh

When in the gamepad/keyboard keybind window, pressing the "real" keyboard is not working anymore.
Also all "tilt" and "swipe" commands are blank even after setting a key to them.
(12-02-2014, 08:05 AM)sheamus Wrote: [ -> ]Great work on the tool, best UI of the bunch. I have been using it for a while on my computer, and exclusive mode works great. On my son’s computer, it works fine (we see controller, xinput test works) but we can’t get exlusive mode (hide ds4) to work, which means a number of games don't work.

I tried digging through his task manager, to find something 'holding' the 'Controller', but steam and mumble were not running. I tried anything thing else I even remotely suspected, but still can't get it to hide the controller.

Any other trouble shooting tips? Is there any way I can find out which application is preventing the exclusive mode from working?

~S
Right now I don't have a way of narrowing it down, do you have any hotkey, or automation programs? Teamspeak? You can try disabling a lot of programs at startup, then slowly enable them until you find out which it is.
(12-02-2014, 02:26 PM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]The new version keeps showing:
"Cannot move files, to new location, please close out of any profiles in external programs"
Them it closes itself.
Manually moving the files fixed the problem Laugh

When in the gamepad/keyboard keybind window, pressing the "real" keyboard is not working anymore.
Also all "tilt" and "swipe" commands are blank even after setting a key to them.

You may have already have had a DS4Windows folder there, and conflicting files, I'm working on a fix right now, and should be up shortly.