..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@JaystoKings: Bluetooth CSR 4.0 Dongle with BlueSoleil Space as the bluetooth program/driver
I've been noticing for a while that when you first start your OS up; starting a game and enabling the controller afterwards causes the taskbar to gain focus (seemingly the taskbar; if not but just temporarily). It never happens again on that same session unless you restart the computer. This can cause a small issue for programs that detect the top window to do things (like IXTU ~ profile for overclocking becomes disabled because it thinks another process is on top rather than what you have in the profiler). I would have to press the windows button to bring up the start menu and then press it again to remove it or click on the desktop and back to the window (but only during that first time as stated above). It's minor but ya know. Maybe the taskbar icon or invisible ds4window doesn't have a 'not on top' flag activate sooner or something? Or that it only activates to be on bottom after a controller action is enforced? I dunno, but I hope it can be solved. I have ds4 notifications off btw.
Ah I didn't have much to spare but I donated a couple bucks. You're the first dev I've actually turned my pockets inside out for. It's great that all your source code is open. Real class act

Keep up the hard work
First off I'd like to thanks you for this program!

Secondly, I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble making this work for Far Cry 4?

It freezes up my game everytime at launch.
Sometime when I play Pro Evolution Soccer 2015, DS4Windows crash and quit with no error.

It's visible because my player always go to a direction, and the gamepad no response. I must do Alt+Tab and restart DS4Windows & return to the game.
My question, since I am not really sure how this actually functions, is there any risk for Steam's VAC or other other in-game anti-cheat detectors flagging this (DS4Windows) as a cheat? I tend to play a few games (CSGO, CoD: AW, TF2, etc) that are protected by the VAC system OR other anticheat programs, and I am kind of leery of using it before I get some more information on the topic.

Thanks for any information!
(12-07-2014, 10:55 AM)Degaron Wrote: [ -> ]I think i might figured out what is grabbing the controller.

Due to the controller having an audio jack input.

Microsoft is adding Cortanna to windows 10.

That might be what is using this controller.

I don't think that's exactly the issue here, just a service is missing, thus the system grabs every device now, including the controller.
(12-07-2014, 06:24 PM)und3rd0g Wrote: [ -> ]I used it with DSDCS and found it very useful in some games, especially racing sims (e.g. Project Cars) and other games where thumbstick sensitivity settings are poor or not present at all.

I think your software is overall better than other ports, for many reasons... The only regret is the lack of this feature.

Sorry for my english Tongue

I'm suprised that would help in a racing game seeing that you would only use left and right on the stick (unless you use up and down for accelrating and brake as well), nevertheless. I'll do my best to add it.
(12-07-2014, 09:07 PM)Star Wrote: [ -> ]@Jays2Kings: does your fork support analog stick deadzones? the other fork supports independent deadzones for each stick, axial or radial. some people prefer axial for driving games, though for the most part a proper deadzone would be radial as described here: http://www.third-helix.com/2013/04/12/do...right.html I've noticed the sticks wear out at different levels so independent deadzones are a great feature and IMO it's better to have deadzones handled in the driver/software than in games. that is, if the games allow you to turn the sensitivity up high enough, since most have some sort of native deadzone of their own.

It does, only radial deadzones right now, for each stick, each trigger, and the sixaxis.
(12-08-2014, 04:19 AM)Niffy Wrote: [ -> ]@JaystoKings: Bluetooth CSR 4.0 Dongle with BlueSoleil Space as the bluetooth program/driver
Yeah I'm p sure only dongles that use default windows can properly use it. I can't be sure without said dongle though.
(12-08-2014, 07:54 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been noticing for a while that when you first start your OS up; starting a game and enabling the controller afterwards causes the taskbar to gain focus (seemingly the taskbar; if not but just temporarily). It never happens again on that same session unless you restart the computer. This can cause a small issue for programs that detect the top window to do things (like IXTU ~ profile for overclocking becomes disabled because it thinks another process is on top rather than what you have in the profiler). I would have to press the windows button to bring up the start menu and then press it again to remove it or click on the desktop and back to the window (but only during that first time as stated above). It's minor but ya know. Maybe the taskbar icon or invisible ds4window doesn't have a 'not on top' flag activate sooner or something? Or that it only activates to be on bottom after a controller action is enforced? I dunno, but I hope it can be solved. I have ds4 notifications off btw.

That's a weird issue, I'll see if I can replicate it.
(12-09-2014, 05:04 AM)coldcrow Wrote: [ -> ]Ah I didn't have much to spare but I donated a couple bucks. You're the first dev I've actually turned my pockets inside out for. It's great that all your source code is open. Real class act

Keep up the hard work
Thanks I really appreciate it. Since you did I'll hide what I'm working on in plain sight: Right now I'm working on performing special actions by holding multiple buttons, such as macros and launching programs.
(12-10-2014, 01:09 AM)emarr Wrote: [ -> ]First off I'd like to thanks you for this program!

Secondly, I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble making this work for Far Cry 4?

It freezes up my game everytime at launch.

(12-11-2014, 01:05 AM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]Sometime when I play Pro Evolution Soccer 2015, DS4Windows crash and quit with no error.

It's visible because my player always go to a direction, and the gamepad no response. I must do Alt+Tab and restart DS4Windows & return to the game.

Sadly I don't own either of these, so I can't test either of these, hopefully my next update(s) randomly fix that.
(12-11-2014, 02:15 AM)jlg6184 Wrote: [ -> ]My question, since I am not really sure how this actually functions, is there any risk for Steam's VAC or other other in-game anti-cheat detectors flagging this (DS4Windows) as a cheat? I tend to play a few games (CSGO, CoD: AW, TF2, etc) that are protected by the VAC system OR other anticheat programs, and I am kind of leery of using it before I get some more information on the topic.

Thanks for any information!

Tbh I don't see why you'd play of those games with a controller (Tongue) but it shouldn't get flagged, there's tons of regular macro programs that are AOK with VAC, etc. and this doesn't do any crazy assists aside form macros. So yes it's perfectly fine.
(12-11-2014, 07:43 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh I don't see why you'd play of those games with a controller (Tongue) but it shouldn't get flagged, there's tons of regular macro programs that are AOK with VAC, etc. and this doesn't do any crazy assists aside form macros. So yes it's perfectly fine.

Well, I am targeting this program (or the other variant) for Third Person games, but want to make sure that there isn't going to be an issue if I leave it running when I switch to one of my FPS games. Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check out both versions then.

I just wanted to make sure there haven't been any reports of VAC/Anti-Cheat issues.
I am trying to use your application. I have connected my controller successfully to my Windows 7 PC. The controller can be seen working by using game controller settings. However, when I start your application, it does the following:

Starting...
Searching for controllers...
Using Shared Mode
Index was outside the bounds of the array.

What more information can I give you to help solve this problem?

Edit: My Bluetooth dongle is a cirago BTA-3210 with Bluetooth 2.1 support
Hello,

It's very great job and thank you Wink

do you bring this application to osx ?