..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-13-2014, 10:09 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]If you mean the keyboard keys, then it's likely they will ever work.

Ohh so keyboard emulation will never work them?
So sad Sad.
Scan code was working before but not 100%.
(12-13-2014, 10:19 PM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh so keyboard emulation will never work them?
So sad Sad.
Scan code was working before but not 100%.

Just fixed scan code in 1.4.201, i made a mistake with it. It's still not 100% but it's back where it was before.
(12-13-2014, 10:29 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Just fixed scan code in 1.4.201, i made a mistake with it. It's still not 100% but it's back where it was before.

Somehow using 1.4.158 Skyrim does detect Keyboard keys set with "Scan code".
But it does not work 100%. It works like the key is stuck at being holded.
Pressing the Real key at the keyboard them unhold the key and you can press it again on the Gamepad. But it gets stuck again.
Now with the latest 1.4.201 or any version after 1.4.158 even set to "Scan code" keyboard keys are not detected at all.

Sorry to bother you with this. Is just that the possibility of a proper keyboard emulation would open a great number of commands with the gamepad.
To simply opening a inventory with a swipe to custom commands from mods.
Not sure if you have any plans to add keyboard emulation but the code from QJoyPad might help.

Apart from that 1.4.201 looks like is working perfectly.
(12-13-2014, 10:52 PM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]Somehow using 1.4.158 Skyrim does detect Keyboard keys set with "Scan code".
But it does not work 100%. It works like the key is stuck at being holded.
Pressing the Real key at the keyboard them unhold the key and you can press it again on the Gamepad. But it gets stuck again.
Now with the latest 1.4.201 or any version after 1.4.158 even set to "Scan code" keyboard keys are not detected at all.

Sorry to bother you with this. Is just that the possibility of a proper keyboard emulation would open a great number of commands with the gamepad.
To simply opening a inventory with a swipe to custom commands from mods.

Apart from that 1.4.201 looks like is working perfectly Laugh

I've been looking for the longest for proper keyboard emulation for C# (what DS4W is coded in) but to no avail. Like I said, I don't think it can every be perfectly emulated.
(12-13-2014, 11:22 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I've been looking for the longest for proper keyboard emulation for C# (what DS4W is coded in) but to no avail. Like I said, I don't think it can every be perfectly emulated.

Well that's a bit sad.
But thanks a lot for all the support!
happy holidays J2K Laugh
I'm getting occasional crash, System.IndexOutOfRangeException, like I was with the other fork. he fixed it by adding an exception catch for bad power octet being reported. if you have a debug build with symbols I can probably verify it's the same issue.
I'm running into a pretty frustrating issue on Win10 Technical Preview. I switched to this version of DS4Windows after running into the problem because you mentioned developing this on Win10.

It's completely impossible for me to hide the DS4 controller. Even booting in safe mode and only starting DS4Windows gives me the error message that something else is using the DS4.
This is what my task manager looks like after closing everything that wouldn't just cause my computer to crash or reboot, I honestly can't see a single thing that could possible be using the controller besides DS4Windows. http://i.imgur.com/dAZkxcJ.jpg

/Edit: Scratch that, just read through the thread some more, I guess it's a general Windows 10 issue. Damn.
(12-14-2014, 07:20 AM)Star Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting occasional crash, System.IndexOutOfRangeException, like I was with the other fork. he fixed it by adding an exception catch for bad power octet being reported. if you have a debug build with symbols I can probably verify it's the same issue.

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't figure out how to get debugging w/ symbols to work. I've added a build with the .dll's separated and included the symbols. I've also tried to add exceptions where I think the crash happens, and also an output log (which doesn't pick up crashes yet)
(12-16-2014, 07:05 PM)Flowz0r Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running into a pretty frustrating issue on Win10 Technical Preview. I switched to this version of DS4Windows after running into the problem because you mentioned developing this on Win10.

It's completely impossible for me to hide the DS4 controller. Even booting in safe mode and only starting DS4Windows gives me the error message that something else is using the DS4.
This is what my task manager looks like after closing everything that wouldn't just cause my computer to crash or reboot, I honestly can't see a single thing that could possible be using the controller besides DS4Windows. http://i.imgur.com/dAZkxcJ.jpg

On the newest Win10 build, Microsoft removed a service, and without it the System itself grabs the controller (and pretty much every device). As of right now Hide DS4 won't work until MS adds the service back, assuming they ever do.
Version 1.4.21
Added Presets for Dpad, Left and Right Sticks, Face Buttons, Sixaxis, and Touchpad Swipes; right click on those controls to select a preset)
Fully fixed Scan code, now will work fine in old DirectX games
Macros for Special Actions can now have scan code enabled (if you didn't know you can enable scan code on macros for single controls as well, even after you've configured the macro)
Control list now shows if scan code is enabled
(12-17-2014, 08:32 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Version 1.4.21
Added Presets for Dpad, Left and Right Sticks, Face Buttons, Sixaxis, and Touchpad Swipes; right click on those controls to select a preset)
Fully fixed Scan code, now will work fine in old DirectX games
Macros for Special Actions can now have scan code enabled (if you didn't know you can enable scan code on macros for single controls as well, even after you've configured the macro)
Control list now shows if scan code is enabled

Scan code is working great Laugh!!
Really nice J2K!
Thanks a lot!

EDIT----
I notice that the option "use another color for shift mode" is overriding the battery full color.
Also not sure if I was wrong but was the shift modifiers buttons independent?
Like can I use multiple buttons as shift modifiers or only one at time?