..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-06-2015, 07:11 PM)diggbuzz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone.

I'm new in this.
"DS4Windows - J2K" - seems a great tool.

Please let me know if it's possible to assign Stick (left or right) for smooth scrolling in windows programs, mouse wheel emulation is not what I want.
I want pure smooth vertical and horizontal scrolling effect like the one when scrolling using touch pad. And depending on stick pressure it should be possible to adjust scroll speed.
===
Another question, how can I create Turbo button with this tool? Some games like Final Fantasy XIII require pressing the same batton plenty of times in a row. I prefer just hold it and do not push it constantly.

Thanks

Right now there isn't, I'm working on a new version however it won't have smooht scrolling in it yet.

(01-08-2015, 03:31 PM)Mordecai Walfish Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to ask if this DS4Tool branch allows the DS4 controller to operate in "directinput mode" so I can use it in older windows games like GTA: San Andreas and emulators without the l2/r2 being forced as analog axis'?

Is this possible with your DS4Windows?

Thanks!

(01-10-2015, 03:41 AM)SenileAnimal Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious about this too. 1 page back, J2K said:

"If those games already have PS prompts in them, then you can disable the x360 mode in profile settings by checking "Dinput only" and turning off Hide DS4 (which I think is unchecked automatically, but don't quote me on it). For now that mode only works via wired only."

So it sounds like yes, but only wired? This begs the question: will it eventually work with wireless/BT?

Yeah right now only wired, I haven't gotten the time to tackle why it doesn't work on wireless yet, but I will.
(01-10-2015, 04:29 AM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]not sure what's going on but DS4Windows has stopped working for me
it's not detecting any of my plugged in DS4 :/

the only think I did was to install a SixAxisPairTool (for my Android pairing)
I have uninstalled that tool
I have done a clean reinstall of DS4Windows

but nothing works :/

If you pc has bluetooth can you pair it that way?

(01-10-2015, 05:06 PM)iwildboy Wrote: [ -> ]ok so im trying to set it up so that i can use the right stick as the mouse so i can use it to play game that are normally not supported by controllers but are simple enough to assign buttons (ive been testing it with the escapists) and for a minute or two it will be fine and i can move the mouse cursor fine but then it suddenly decides to move slower then a damn snail for some reason. did i mess up somewhere or is it just the program?

The mouse emulation is a bit wonky still, I also haven't had time to make it perfect or near perfect.
(01-10-2015, 07:50 PM)Nuclehon Wrote: [ -> ]I have a troubling problem with DS4Windows.
The first time I installed it, everything was working incredibly well, but suddenly it started to show the error "Index was outside the bounds of the array".
I've tried to reinstall it several times, but whenever I start it, it's just this.

[Image: 6201d86928.png]

Basically I can't do anything. Is something interfering with the software ?
It depends on you bluetooth adapter (can you link it?), if it doesn't use Window's bluetooth's stack it might now work.
(01-12-2015, 07:41 PM)Majiinfreddy Wrote: [ -> ]Lovely work. I use it all the time for my PS4 controller.

However, will it work with a TE2 Fightstick made for PS4?
http://store.madcatz.com/platforms/PlayS...4-PS3.html This is the one I'm thinking of.

https://twitter.com/MadCatz/status/554695923389829122 - Had a quick convo with MadCatz.

If it doesn't work; Any plans in making it work? Any other programs out there that works for it?

Thanks

I doubt I'll ever support it, for many reasons, like I don't have a fightstick nor a ps4, I couldn't tell what does support it either sorry.
(01-12-2015, 08:04 PM)NeroIPV6 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a problem with the mouse mapping to the right stick, it isn't smooth, its kinda jaggy when I move it.
By that I mean its kinda jumpy, not snooth at all :/
Any ideas of how to help?
Like I said the mouse emulation is a bit wonky still.
(01-13-2015, 05:39 AM)zolcos Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed my controllers only work the first time I turn them on. If I turn one off, it stays in the list of connected controllers, and when I turn it back on, it doesn't connect right (no input is recognized and the light bar doesn't change to the profile's color). If I restart the DS4Windows program everything works fine again.

I'm not sure why that happens, but for now you can restart the program by pressing the stop/start button in the bottom right corner.
Posting again since it got burried.
Sorry if you already read it before.

(01-03-2015, 09:44 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]The way most fullscreen games work it not something that's easy to integrate at all. A sound could be done, but then it's just a matter of finding a good and pleasing one.

Maybe them a color profile.
So when switching it would flash or show up for a time.

On a side not could you tweak the swipe commands a bit making them require a bigger swipe.
Right now when I try to reach to right or left click it also registers a swipe.
Something that would not register a too small swipe.
Sorry if I´m not making much sense Laugh.
I noticed you already mentioned mouse emulation is wonky, but just in case it's not known I would like to add that for me mouse emulation with the analog sticks is adequate when wired but sensitivity and precision completely changes when I switch to bluetooth.

Something that's bizarre for me is for some reason my mappings for the scroll wheel and left Shift key won't work in Terraria on Steam. It just won't accept those inputs in the game. I can open up Firefox and use the same profile, and it would work just fine. Those particular mappings won't work in Terraria whether I have Hide DS4 checked or not.
I finally installed this (was waiting on a usb ext. cable), and so far I love the app and the DS4. Seriously amazing software. Thank you.
(01-16-2015, 12:07 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Mordecai Walfish Wrote:
I just wanted to ask if this DS4Tool branch allows the DS4 controller to operate in "directinput mode" so I can use it in older windows games like GTA: San Andreas and emulators without the l2/r2 being forced as analog axis'?

Is this possible with your DS4Windows?

Thanks!

Quote:(01-10-2015 02:41 AM)SenileAnimal Wrote:
I'm curious about this too. 1 page back, J2K said:

"If those games already have PS prompts in them, then you can disable the x360 mode in profile settings by checking "Dinput only" and turning off Hide DS4 (which I think is unchecked automatically, but don't quote me on it). For now that mode only works via wired only."

So it sounds like yes, but only wired? This begs the question: will it eventually work with wireless/BT?
Yeah right now only wired, I haven't gotten the time to tackle why it doesn't work on wireless yet, but I will.

Personally, I didn't rumble with Dinput option via USB
(01-16-2015, 12:07 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure why that happens, but for now you can restart the program by pressing the stop/start button in the bottom right corner.
When I click the stop/start button, the program hangs while displaying the "stopping x360 controllers" message so I have to actually restart the program anyway.
does "special actions" for launching a program work for anybody?
I have created an action on the default profile to launch a game when I press L1+R1+[] but nothing happens. I have saved the action and saved the profile too, but when i get back to special actions it's gone.
Curious enough in appdata folder , if I open Actions.xml , the action is present there.
Nonetheless...it doesn't work.
(01-17-2015, 09:58 AM)apoklyps3 Wrote: [ -> ]does "special actions" for launching a program work for anybody?
I have created an action on the default profile to launch a game when I press L1+R1+[] but nothing happens. I have saved the action and saved the profile too, but when i get back to special actions it's gone.
Curious enough in appdata folder , if I open Actions.xml , the action is present there.

I have exactly the same problem. "Load a profile" and "record a macro" actions works, but when I create "launch a program" action it disappear from the list after I open it again.
Version 1.4.222
Added Press/Toggle Key to Special Actions, you can hold a trigger to hold a key or toggle a key with one set of buttons, and untoggle it by pressing or releasing another set of buttons
Added Disconnect BT to Special Actions, PS+Options to d/c is now added to Special actions and can be enabled for each profile. You can now set Disconnect BT to any control(s) and how long you need to hold the control(s) to take affect
Added Partial German Translation (Thanks Michél)
Added 95% Finished Russian Translation (Thanks overclockers.ru members: KoNoRIMCI & Sr_psycho)
Added Partial Italian Translation (Thanks Giulio)
Updates to the translations sheets, they should now have every bit of text in DS4Windows, minus the controls of the controller
English Spelling fixes
Main/Starting tab only shows info for connected controllers, and context menu only shows options for connected controllers.
Mouse wheel scrolling with analog sticks/triggers/gyro, the mouse now scrolls smoothly
Slightly reworked analog mouse movement + mouse acceleration (not as janky anymore)
When starting DS4Windows, if no controllers are connected, DS4Windows defaults to the profile tab
Certain log warnings (Like unable to get controller exclusively) shows up in red
Easter egg: try pressing a few buttons in sequence while in the log tab
Fixed Start Profile with TP off being unchecked next time a profile is opened
Other minor Bug Fixes, such as clearing the log then moving to a new tab crashing DS4W

Also a little tidbit about the press/toggle keys. Someone asked me for an xpadder like function: to press L3 to toggle Left shift to keep sprinting in an FPS, and to untoggle it by letting go of the left stick, but by holding L3 down, you keep sprinting until you let go of L3. It wasn't something I could set up easily in the regular controls, but I was able to do it in special actions. You can do such a thing but assigning left shift to L3 and the unload trigger to left stick up, if something in the main controllers is assigned to the regular trigger in the main controllers, the toggle key automatically changes to a tap to activate action.
(01-16-2015, 01:06 AM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]Posting again since it got burried.
Sorry if you already read it before.

Maybe them a color profile.
So when switching it would flash or show up for a time.

On a side not could you tweak the swipe commands a bit making them require a bigger swipe.
Right now when I try to reach to right or left click it also registers a swipe.
Something that would not register a too small swipe.
Sorry if I´m not making much sense Laugh.

I know what you mean, and yeah the next version I can change that.

(01-16-2015, 04:39 AM)TheBlueCrow Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed you already mentioned mouse emulation is wonky, but just in case it's not known I would like to add that for me mouse emulation with the analog sticks is adequate when wired but sensitivity and precision completely changes when I switch to bluetooth.

Something that's bizarre for me is for some reason my mappings for the scroll wheel and left Shift key won't work in Terraria on Steam. It just won't accept those inputs in the game. I can open up Firefox and use the same profile, and it would work just fine. Those particular mappings won't work in Terraria whether I have Hide DS4 checked or not.

modifier keys behave weirdly depending on the game, try assigning left shift using the left ***** button in the select an action window then just pressing left shift in the window.

(01-16-2015, 12:12 PM)Pro_info Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I didn't rumble with Dinput option via USB

I'm not sure what the missing word is between "didn't" and "rumble" but if it's notice, that's because games don't have a way of accessing dinput rumble.

(01-17-2015, 03:41 AM)zolcos Wrote: [ -> ]When I click the stop/start button, the program hangs while displaying the "stopping x360 controllers" message so I have to actually restart the program anyway.

That's even weirder, I think you'll have to reinstall the driver.
(01-17-2015, 09:58 AM)apoklyps3 Wrote: [ -> ]does "special actions" for launching a program work for anybody?

(01-17-2015, 10:14 AM)itakumre Wrote: [ -> ]I have exactly the same problem. "Load a profile" and "record a macro" actions works, but when I create "launch a program" action it disappear from the list after I open it again.

I accidentally broke it in the last version, but it's fixed again
Yep yep, howdy doody good fellows Smile

1. Can we have a checkbox that brings back the slow pulsating low battery light indicator and when it is checked, the low battery blink is replaced with the low battery pulse? I know it was changed to have more battery conservation, but I kinda miss it. It just looks cooler Wink

2. On wired modes only (with full battery state only), can we have a checkbox that enables starting with the light off when first plugged in (or initiated) and the light will function as normal once a button is pressed? This will prevent the light coming on when the OS first starts or when you first connect the controller when you aren't intending to use it yet.

3. When going to Auto Profiles tab, always have the last program entry highlighted that you had highlighted before. If you hadnt highlighted an entry before, it defaults to the first entry. This prevents the confusion that happens when nothing is highlighted and you go to set a profile by the controller only to realize that you didn't have a program on the left highlighted.