..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw that Toshiba stack support was probably out of the question a few pages back, but is it possible to get support for Scarlet Crush's method of bluetooth support (with the adapter dedicated exclusively to PS controllers)?

I can't use the native windows BT stack unfortunately, but I do have a dongle that I can reserve exclusively for controllers, but I also want stuff like touchpad support. :/
I was wondering if anyone has been having latency issues with the new PS4 colored controllers, I recently picked up a blue one and it has horrible latency unless its literally sitting on top of the dongle. The black one i have been using does not suffer from this issue and still works fine. I checked the model # on the bottom they are the same despite the color differences. I also hooked it up to my PS4 to test latency there and it preformed nicely. Any help or information on this would be greatly appreciated.
(02-16-2015, 04:23 PM)ClefAria Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize if this has been asked before, but:

Is there an easy way to switch back and forth between using the DS4 on the PC and on the PS4, assuming I'm using it via bluetooth on both platforms? I know that plugging in the DS4 into the PS4 with a USB cable will immediately sync it to it, but I can't figure out how to sync it back up to the PC. Would I have to remove the added bluetooth device in Windows and re-add it from scratch every time or something?

Thanks in advance!

Seeing that the DS4's are connected the native Windows way, unlike how the DS3 how to overwrite bluetooth, I don't think there's a way to force a pairing between the ds4 and pc.

(02-16-2015, 04:52 PM)iqdaj Wrote: [ -> ]I saw that Toshiba stack support was probably out of the question a few pages back, but is it possible to get support for Scarlet Crush's method of bluetooth support (with the adapter dedicated exclusively to PS controllers)?

I can't use the native windows BT stack unfortunately, but I do have a dongle that I can reserve exclusively for controllers, but I also want stuff like touchpad support. :/

IIRC SC's method is only for DS3, it doesn't work with DS4s, on top of that, I have no driver know how to make a custom bluetooth driver. Sorry.

(02-16-2015, 11:27 PM)jlow0214 Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if anyone has been having latency issues with the new PS4 colored controllers, I recently picked up a blue one and it has horrible latency unless its literally sitting on top of the dongle. The black one i have been using does not suffer from this issue and still works fine. I checked the model # on the bottom they are the same despite the color differences. I also hooked it up to my PS4 to test latency there and it preformed nicely. Any help or information on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have a blue and black controller as well, both perform just fine. MAybe you might have gotten a defective controller. I once bought a white dualshock 3 from a third party seller a few years back, and while it worked, the leds on the back acted funny on both my ps3 and pc.
I wanted to report a bug.

Settings -> Controller/Driver Setup ... If you do that, the text from the "settings" tab disappears.

Sorry if somebody already told that here or you knew about it, just wanted to help Laugh
Finally had a chance to run low on battery. The option for pulsing is a very fast pulse. I don't see a way to make it a slow pulse. Back in the day when it was first included (before it was changed to blinks) it was a slower pulsing effect.

Under the Hotkeys/About area, can you make a tab called cmdlines to display all of the command line options for ds4windows?
(02-17-2015, 03:49 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC SC's method is only for DS3, it doesn't work with DS4s, on top of that, I have no driver know how to make a custom bluetooth driver. Sorry.

It works over bth, but there's no touchpad support, which is why I made the suggestion to add the option to use SC's bluetooth stack, if possible.
Is there any idea as to what's causing the Uplay hanging? Launching Uplay-enabled games from Steam (e.g. the older Assassin's Creed games) is fine, but launching Uplay directly with DS4Windows running is an exercise in frustration, with waits as long as a minute or two between moments of responsiveness, plus usually another long wait between the screen going black and logos appearing. Seems like it's been happening since day 1.

Edit: I take back what I said about Steam-enabled Uplay games. AC2 just took 30 seconds to go from a black screen to the Ubisoft logo, after a ten-second or so hang after launching. Alt-tabbing was similarly slow, and the Steam overlay hung as well. Seems like once the game gets going, everything's fine, but anything else is anything-goes. Closed everything, relaunched without DS4Windows running, and everything ran fine.
Thanks for all the updates J2K!!

Not sure if the "Flash at" option is really working for me.
But when my controllers is at 60% it already starts to flash the selected color.

Also would be nice to set the color flashing on each % drop.
Like at 90%-80%-70% and so on.
And maybe at 20% or 10% the color would be stronger.
Something to track the battery drops Smile
hi there Smile i just downloaded your version and i've hit a wall....i installed the drivers and everything but it wont detect my ps4 controller :/ any advice?
I just realized that L2 and R2 seem to have a rather large deadzone even when set to 0. Is this a limitation of the controller itself or can that be changed? It can be an issue for throttle/brake in racing games.

Thanks for adding 'tilt to show battery level' BTW.