..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! Thanks for your wonderful program!

I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the red-flashing lightbar when latency is over 10 ms, or any way to manage it (be it over 20ms, for example)... It's not a problem when I'm gaming in front of my PC, but when using my computer on my TV and being on the couch, the red-flashing lightbar happens very often, and it's distracting when I'm watching movies/TV shows.

Thanks!
So, I have been trying for months to get the bluetooth to work on my ps4 controller without success. I've purchased several different dongles and installed the drivers countless times. Currently I'm using the Medialink dongle recommended in this post, I'm able to get all the drivers to install and the computer to see both the Game Controller and the 360 Controller for windows in the Devices and Printers and get it to connect for a brief second. DS4Windows sees the controller and tells me that it's connected, but it instantly disconnects and the light on the controller itself turns off. No matter how many times I press the PS Button again, or how many times I resync the controller to my computer it always shuts back off in 1-2 seconds. I resigned to just using the wired option, because so far that works flawlessly, but ultimately I would like to use the wireless option. Does anybody have any suggestions?
(03-05-2015, 03:41 PM)hymness Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the red-flashing lightbar when latency is over 10 ms, or any way to manage it (be it over 20ms, for example)... It's not a problem when I'm gaming in front of my PC, but when using my computer on my TV and being on the couch, the red-flashing lightbar happens very often, and it's distracting when I'm watching movies/TV shows.

He answered this question in the previous page.
(03-01-2015, 10:48 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2015, 02:45 AM)Emophia Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, first of all thanks for maintaining such a great program.

But there is one issue for me, the red flashing latency/input delay light, is there any way to turn it off? It only procs for me during charging (I like to keep the controller on during this to see the battery) so I'd really like to turn it off before it gives me epilepsy.

Thanks.

I'll add it as an option.
Wow, I haven't been here for a while.

I seem to be having a problem with DS4Windows starting with Windows 8. I have the options checked to start with the system, but sometimes (seemingly randomly), it doesn't start at all. I've tried to have it run as an administrator, but that doesn't seem to help. Is this a Windows thing? Do I have some settings wrong, or is it a problem with DS4Windows? Thanks again for continuing to work on this thing, I use it every day.
(03-06-2015, 05:49 AM)igasagu Wrote: [ -> ]So, I have been trying for months to get the bluetooth to work on my ps4 controller without success. I've purchased several different dongles and installed the drivers countless times. Currently I'm using the Medialink dongle recommended in this post, I'm able to get all the drivers to install and the computer to see both the Game Controller and the 360 Controller for windows in the Devices and Printers and get it to connect for a brief second. DS4Windows sees the controller and tells me that it's connected, but it instantly disconnects and the light on the controller itself turns off. No matter how many times I press the PS Button again, or how many times I resync the controller to my computer it always shuts back off in 1-2 seconds. I resigned to just using the wired option, because so far that works flawlessly, but ultimately I would like to use the wireless option. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Hi! I had this problem too. I just reset the DS4 using the little tiny button behind the pad and synced it to a PS4. It was working thereafter.

If this doesn't work, what is the name of your bluetooth dongle in Device manager?
(03-06-2015, 06:45 PM)hymness Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I had this problem too. I just reset the DS4 using the little tiny button behind the pad and synced it to a PS4. It was working thereafter.

If this doesn't work, what is the name of your bluetooth dongle in Device manager?

I have a friend with a PS4 I can try this with later. My Bluetooth dongle is named BCM20702A0 in my devices.
(03-06-2015, 02:23 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I haven't been here for a while.

I seem to be having a problem with DS4Windows starting with Windows 8. I have the options checked to start with the system, but sometimes (seemingly randomly), it doesn't start at all. I've tried to have it run as an administrator, but that doesn't seem to help. Is this a Windows thing? Do I have some settings wrong, or is it a problem with DS4Windows? Thanks again for continuing to work on this thing, I use it every day.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can manually create a new task in the Task Scheduler to launch DS4Windows on Windows start up. You can use this instead of, or in addition to, the option built into DS4Windows.

I've had this happen randomly with a lot of different applications, so I suspect it's an OS issue, but I'm not 100%. If you want to try it and want a quick how-to, let me know.
ok so finally I bought a new adapter. I am able to pair it via bluetooth. Is it normal that it sometimes loses the connection though? Randomly, the led on the gamepad will start flashing red (the color I chose) meaning it lost connection with the dongle. Its kind of weird.
(03-07-2015, 05:44 AM)SenileAnimal Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can manually create a new task in the Task Scheduler to launch DS4Windows on Windows start up. You can use this instead of, or in addition to, the option built into DS4Windows.

I've had this happen randomly with a lot of different applications, so I suspect it's an OS issue, but I'm not 100%. If you want to try it and want a quick how-to, let me know.

A quick how-to would be fantastic, if you have the time. I've messed with Task Scheduler in the past, but I don't think I ever actually did anything correctly. Thank you in advance!
(03-08-2015, 04:29 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]A quick how-to would be fantastic, if you have the time. I've messed with Task Scheduler in the past, but I don't think I ever actually did anything correctly. Thank you in advance!
The Task Scheduler appears to be identical between Windows 7 and 8, but I could be wrong.

1. Locate the Task Scheduler
Either do a Windows search for it, or go to Control Panel and click Administrative Tools.

2. Create a New Task
Click on "Create Task" (it's in the "Actions" section of the right-hand column). You could select "Create a Basic Task" instead, but I havent had good luck with that.

3. Set up the Task
Here I'll note what I'd select, and other optional recommendations for each tab.

"General" Tab: Name your task. In the "Configure For" menu, select either Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Recommended: Select "run only when user is logged on." Select "run with the highest privileges."

"Triggers" Tab: Click "New." Locate where it says "Begin the Task:" and select "At Log On." Click OK. There are other ways to configure it, but this is nice and simple.

"Actions" Tab: Click "New." Click "Browse." Locate the DS4Windows folder and select DS4Windows.exe. Click OK.

(You can skip the "Conditions" Tab).

"Settings" Tab: I recommend selecting "if the task fails restart every 1 minute." Click Ok. Done.

(I included some screenshots in case they might be useful. Another good resource: http://www.7tutorials.com/advanced-users...-scheduler)