..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a problem with the Hide DS4 option. After connecting my DS4 to my computer, I will typically open Steam and TeamSpeak 3. Upon opening TeamSpeak 3 my computer will freeze for about 15 seconds.

I have tried playing games also, anytime I open the a game or whenever the game tries to access a save file it will freeze for 15 seconds at a time. This happened when I was trying to play Dark Souls 2 yesterday and today. I tried reinstalling the drivers and program, and the issue still persists. I have even gone to the extreme of reformatting to fix the issue, and that hasn't accomplished anything. The only way I could prevent the freezing from happening is by disabling the hide DS4 option, which renders the controller mostly useless for most games.

Anyone know a solution to this problem? Do I need to enable some sort of Windows service or install some other 3rd party drivers? This program is amazing and any help to get this fix would be really appreciated. Thanks!

PS: I am running Windows 7 (64-Bit), i7 4770K, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 970.
Edited to add more information.
Hi

Firstly, thanks for this tool.

I've been using DS4Windows on my Surface and it works fine, and I've just built a rig and installed it on that - however, the D-Pad doesn't seem to be working properly with GTA V. It prompts to press up to bring up the phone, and it doesn't recognise this input. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any help
Hello J2K, I didn't visit your topic for quite some time since I fixed my troubles with Bluetooth.

After one of your updates I was able to set up manual BT disconnection of my ds4 via a button combination (in my case PS+R2+L2). Since then my experience of using DS4 improved by like 10 times, before that I had to use Stop-Start of the tool, which is not very convenient if you use your gamepad for short play sessions (which I normally do). Along with swipe profile switching and a really good touchpad support this gamepad with your tool became a device of incomparable usefulness and power for both gaming and just using my pc.

So I wanted to express my infinite gratitude for your work on this tool and invaluable contribution to making a choice of DS4 as a gamepad for PC an advantage over x360 rather than disadvantage at least when it comes to functionality of a solution. I based my choise of DS4 over x360 on form-factor and thought that a trade-off about all possible compatibility issues with be worth anyway, but the enthusiasm of people like you made my experience a lot better than I ever expected. The tool works so flawless for me, that sometimes I even forget that I'm using something at all Smile

Thank you!
I've been trying to get this working after scouring through this thread for hours and no success. Pairing the DS4 with Windows 7 was flawless however I cannot get DS4Windows to see the controller. I can go into Devices and Printers, see the Wireless Controller, go into the properties and verify all the buttons are working properly. For some reason DS4Windows simply isn't seeing it. I've even tried disconnecting my XBOX 360 receiver, disabling Razer software and even unplugging my Razer devices.

Any advice?
Got a bluetooth dongle (a 4.0 dealie), am on Windows 7, and with ver1.4.25 of DS4Windows.

Got it installed, but farthest I got to getting the DS4 to work with it is the DS4Windows 'Controller' tab would show JUST the buetooth logo, and in Profile Editing, Controller Readings tab, things would darken, but nothing would react, and the DS4 (and the aforementioned bluetooth logo in the controller tab) would turn off after a moment. Windows would SAY it installed drivers for "Bluetooth HID Device", then ask me to restart, but have done this several times already.

The light on the DS4 would go off after hitting "allow a device to connect" in the bluetooth's icon in the taskbar, then hitting "finish connection to this device"; it would not stay on afterwards.
What do I try next?
First of all, I love this program!

I have a concern though. If I map the right joystick to the proper mouse axis's, I can not make diagonal movements. For instance, I can't make a circular motion - just a square - so it doesn't really recognize up+right for example.

Is there any way to make the right joystick act like a mouse? Most older games with no joystick support use the mouse to move the camera, so ideally you'd want to make the right joystick as the camera, aka the mouse.
(05-05-2015, 04:45 AM)jmike Wrote: [ -> ]I've been trying to get this working after scouring through this thread for hours and no success. Pairing the DS4 with Windows 7 was flawless however I cannot get DS4Windows to see the controller. I can go into Devices and Printers, see the Wireless Controller, go into the properties and verify all the buttons are working properly. For some reason DS4Windows simply isn't seeing it. I've even tried disconnecting my XBOX 360 receiver, disabling Razer software and even unplugging my Razer devices.

Any advice?

Are you using Windows's default interface for bluetooth or your PC uses some custom software from PC or Bluetooth manufacturer?
DS4 requires at least Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR. My Bluetooth dongle, however, is only 2.0 +EDR(USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001) but it works fine. The only issue is that its range is quite short(~3m) and need line of sight from DS4 to Bluetooth dongle. It gets high latency when its far away or when I put myself between the DS4 and Bluetooth dongle.
I tried it on different PCs and it couldn't connect with the DS4 at all on some PCs. I wonder why. Does it choose certain motherboards, BIOS version, and/or OS?

Edit: On PCs that it couldn't connect, it's still able to pair with the computer.
(05-06-2015, 10:50 AM)TheDeadSkin Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using Windows's default interface for bluetooth or your PC uses some custom software from PC or Bluetooth manufacturer?

Window's Default. The DS4 works fine on it's own. I can map it properly in all the emulators I've tried and it works fine with Pinnacle. I'll also add this isn't bluetooth specific as I also tried it wired and achieved the exact same results.
That's wierd. Don't know if you did that, but try running as admin or setting compatibility to win7 if you're on win8/8.1.