..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any advices to get touchpad "as a mouse" for ds4 working in steam? It recently stopped working there. Everywhere else in Windows it does work when using ds4 Windows app. It stopped working after win10 upgrade in Steam but for example in Gog Galaxy it's fine...
Hey, just a heads up on the Windows 10 issues. There's a "Windows Feedback" app used for submitting bug reports and other feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10.

We should use it. It's better than blindly hoping for Microsoft to notice the issue and fix it themselves.
(07-31-2015, 03:11 PM)Eloss Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any advices to get touchpad "as a mouse" for ds4 working in steam? It recently stopped working there. Everywhere else in Windows it does work when using ds4 Windows app. It stopped working after win10 upgrade in Steam but for example in Gog Galaxy it's fine...

Try giving admin rights to DS4Windows.
(07-31-2015, 03:11 PM)Eloss Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any advices to get touchpad "as a mouse" for ds4 working in steam? It recently stopped working there. Everywhere else in Windows it does work when using ds4 Windows app. It stopped working after win10 upgrade in Steam but for example in Gog Galaxy it's fine...

It works just fine for me in steam, however if steam is running with admin permissions, then you will need to run DS4Windows with admin permissions as well.
I just tested this and it seems so far to work.

Close steam and all that shiz
go into services and turn off and disable network list services
run ds4windows in admin mode (you may have to give it a little bit of time for the service to fully shut down after it says it's stopped)
go back and turn it to manual and start network list services

I tried a few games and it seems to run fine.
(08-01-2015, 02:08 AM)Gvaz Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested this and it seems so far to work.

Close steam and all that shiz
go into services and turn off and disable network list services
run ds4windows in admin mode (you may have to give it a little bit of time for the service to fully shut down after it says it's stopped)
go back and turn it to manual and start network list services

I tried a few games and it seems to run fine.

That does work, only problem is you have to do it every time you restart your PC.

I'm thinking maybe theres a way to start DS4Windows and grab the controller before the network list service starts on startup?
(08-01-2015, 10:49 AM)youturnjason Wrote: [ -> ]That does work, only problem is you have to do it every time you restart your PC.

I'm thinking maybe theres a way to start DS4Windows and grab the controller before the network list service starts on startup?

Yeah, starting ds4windows as admin fixes the problem. Thanks for help!
got another problem though: since games read the touchpad as a mouse and because the game switches instantly from controller to keyboard-mouse input (the ui changes) i can use it as a "free look". some games though are not switching the input source from the mouse movement and that's the reason touchpad as a mouse doesnt work correctly (because the game needs some input from some other button, other than mouse, in order to switch between controller and mouse and so the use of touchpad is not being read as a mouse.

Hopefully someone understands what I am describing. Hopefully someone knows how to solve it. Since it seems to be a game spesific thing and quite rare issue it's not such a big deal but I would be grateful if someone would know how to make it work. Smile
Yaaay, no longer flashes 10 times before connecting Smile
Hey there.

Thanks for the app in the first instance!

I have moved to Windows 10 today and at the moment when I connect by PS4 controller it cannot run into Exclusive mode (Warning : Could not open DS4 exclusively. You must quit other applications like Steam blah blah blah) and I am wondering what prevents this...

The only game I cannot play, as it does not see the controller is Dark Souls 2: SotFS... Every other game sees my gamepad, despite being unable to set it to exclusive mode, and Dark Souls 2 does not... Any way to fix it?

EDIT: Oh bugger... Just went thru some posts and this is win10 Network List Service related... meh... will need to wait for some fix @_@
I found that signing out works instead of completely restarting PC. So it goes like this...

1. Disable and stop Network List Service
2. Sign Out.
3. Sign In.
4. Enable DS4Windows.
5. Connect controller with 'Hide DS4'
6. Enable and start Network List Service Again.

Takes less than a minute. So a pretty painless workaround I think. You can disconnect and reconnect controller at any point after this. Hide DS4 will keep working. Start Menu search will work too.

Put these in a batch file to make the process quicker.

Network List Service Disabled and Stopped:
Code:
sc config netprofm start= disabled
sc stop NcdAutoSetup
sc stop HomeGroupProvider
sc stop netprofm

Network List Service Set to Manual, Started and then Disabled again for next reboot:
Code:
sc config netprofm start= demand
sc start netprofm
sc config netprofm start= disabled
To clarify, the service is disabled again after enabling so next time you reboot it will start off disabled and not running. Just skip to step 4 after every reboot of PC from here on out. Possibly just step 5 and 6 if you have DS4Windows set to run on startup.