..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-16-2015, 05:24 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]When you edit a profile, it's right there in the upper right corner.

Thank you, but actually that doesn't work as I can only increase the deadzone, which doesn't help when what I want to do is increase the sensitivity (sort of saying, like decrase the deadzone to -99%)
Putting it a zero makes the trigger activated at the slightest touch. Keeping it at 0.50 activates the triggers when it is halfway pressed down.

You would probably want to give it a little leadway for when the triggers become loose over time at say like around 0.10. That way it wouldn't activate on it's own just because the trigger is wiggly. But if you don't have that problem yet, 0.0 is fine for instant activation.

Just for general knowledge, 0.68 is perfect for when you have to pressing R1+R2/L1+L2 at the same time so that they'd actually activate at the same time and not one before the other. I've found this to be ideal rather than the default 0.50 for non-pressure sensitive games like fighters or action games.
(08-17-2015, 12:25 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Putting it a zero makes the trigger activated at the slightest touch. Keeping it at 0.50 activates the triggers when it is halfway pressed down.

You would probably want to give it a little leadway for when the triggers become loose over time at say like around 0.10. That way it wouldn't activate on it's own just because the trigger is wiggly. But if you don't have that problem yet, 0.0 is fine for instant activation.

Just for general knowledge, 0.68 is perfect for when you have to pressing R1+R2/L1+L2 at the same time so that they'd actually activate at the same time and not one before the other. I've found this to be ideal rather than the default 0.50 for non-pressure sensitive games like fighters or action games.

You are right in everything you say, but basically my problem is that R2 is becoming harder to press to the end, so when I press both L2 and R2 to the end, the controller readings show L2 pressed to the end and R2 just slightly less. With most games that isn't a concern, but for example on MGS Ground Zeroes it's very hard to shoot because the game stupidly expects a press to the end on R2.

That's the option I'm looking for, to make a press "halfway" be read as a "press to the end" on R2. Or basically disabling altogether the analog input on the trigger and make it act as a normal button.
Since you say your hardware is malfunctioning, you may want to replace your trigger in the controller. The controller is very easy to take apart and if you need a replacement trigger, they are sold cheap on ebay. May just need to clean the crud off of it from the inside though.
There's an issue when two macros get executed simultaneously or when one macro runs while there's a different macro currently being executed. The macro that lasts longer will be stopped midway at the end of the shorter macro.

Here's an example:
macro1=press L1, wait 1000ms, release L1
macro2=press L1, wait 2000ms, release L1
If activated simultaneously, macro2 will end at 1000ms because that's the time macro1 ends.
If macro1 is activated 500ms after the start of macro2, macro2 will end at 1500ms even though it should end at 2000ms because that's the time macro1 ends.
If macro1 is activated 1500ms after the start of macro2, macro1 will end at 2000ms even though it should end at 2500ms because that's the time macro2 ends.

A small issue when macro commands are conflicting.
Shinra, stop trying to defend the software. Having no control of the sensitivity of analogue functions is a serious shortcoming. There is nothing wrong with Rocquito's hardware, there are always small variances in consumer electronics that would normally never affect most users, but guess what? They do affect some people to a large degree.

When dealing with games not designed for the controller's default behaviour, you're most likely to see problems arise. Are you going to tell everyone who gets a problem to simply replace their controller until it "works"?

And what about my deadzone problem? Should I just give up entirely on being able to play the game in question the way I want to play it?

PC is a massive platform and "small stuff" like being able to adjust deadzones and sensitivity should be a primary concern for anyone who wants their software to be able to be used by anyone.

P.S., not saying the software is bad, just immature. I like it, but it doesn't do a number of things I need it to to make it frustration-free.

ZuiMelanieForno

(08-15-2015, 11:56 AM)Rocquito Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

is there any option to remove absolutely the deadzone for the triggers? I would love/need to use the triggers as normal buttons (1 slight touch=full press) but I cannot find any option, and in some games like MGS GZ it's imperative if the trigger starts giving problems.

Hi there.

Do you need macros? If not, just use the DS4 without DS4Windows.

Maybe you would try Xpadder for that.

When Windows installs the DS4 Controller, the Mouse pad is only a Button (On/Off) and the Tiggers are also Switches, no Analog values.

I think there is no need for DS4Windows for MGS.

Good luck and c.u. Zui
The new "Connect DS4 exclusivly (Win10)" function works very well, but I think it's better to change the key that being automatically input after DS4 connected, to a number or a symbol which is not a letter like "A" now. I live in China and I'm using a Chinese IME, so when the "A" is being input, the IME will prevent CMD from exiting like this: 
[Image: QrtKMhQ.jpg]
Then I have to press another key (not a letter key) to exit CMD and bring explorer back. I think people who uses IME in other languages may have this problem too. It's not a big problem but just a little inconvenient.
(Sorry for the bad English.)
(08-17-2015, 06:46 AM)ZuiMelanieForno Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there.

Do you need macros? If not, just use the DS4 without DS4Windows.

Maybe you would try Xpadder for that.

When Windows installs the DS4 Controller, the Mouse pad is only a Button (On/Off) and the Tiggers are also Switches, no Analog values.

I think there is no need for DS4Windows for MGS.

Good luck and c.u. Zui

Thank you very much. I have tried that but GZ is not compatible with the DS 4, so Xpadder or the controller alone do not work. Also, using DS4Windows (so DS4 is detected as a X360 pad) + xpadder does not work either, as the two anolog buttons can only be configured as the analog triggers.

My only hope is an option to make the triggers behave as buttons, any press being 100%, or that Kojima realises DS 4 quality is a bit... problematic.
Does that game allow dinput? That could probably help since triggers are like buttons there. There's a dinput option you could try out for now. Having reverse deadzones wouldn't work because it would be impossible to hold the button down to use any in-game holding commands.