..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-22-2015, 06:56 AM)sphere0boom Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question about the "Use controller [1] for mapping and readout[]" settings. Is the controller number just supposed to be informational? Or are you supposed to be able to set/save this? It looks like you are supposed to be able to save the settings, but I've got 2 DS4's hooked up and the setting won't stick no matter what I try.

While searching for something else I actually found this, which answers my own question:
https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/issues/15
Quote:What Xinput Ports means is that it gets free for other programs to use said emulated port, however the controllers are still numbered in games by the order they are connected.

However, the order doesn't seem to be determined by the order they are connected - at least on my Windows 7 x64 system with MAME64 build 0.164. I have a white DS4 (90:...) and a black DS4 (AC:...), and it doesn't matter which order I connect (or pair) the devices - the white DS4 is always controller 1 if it is connected, even if I don't run DS4Windows and just use the default "Wireless Controller". My best guess is that the order is based on the device ID.
My PS4 won't turn on if it's not connected to a micro USB. Now that cable is connected to my PC. I can't for the death of me get my controller connected. I'm on windows 10 and I'm trying to connect to bluetooth but my controller won't stay on long enough to pair.
I've figured out the action center bug with UAC disabled. I was able to reproduce it without using DS4Windows. I just used normal windows functions. If I kill explorer from the task manager and then start it again from the 'Run new task' menu then the action center notification bar breaks. However, if I kill explorer again but run it from the command prompt instead then action center sidebar works again. Also just doing the 'restart explorer' context menu command from task manager fixes it too.

It seems DS4Windows is already restarting explorer from command line but I'm not sure why the bug still occurs. Just another Windows 10 bug Microsoft needs to fix I guess.
DS4Windows is working very well on my windows 10 machine. Great program. All the games i've tried so far (steam games and pcsx2) work just fine. 

My only issue is the poor range/performance i'm getting while on bluetooth. 

I purchased this bluetooth dongle for my desktop: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q45...ge_o00_s00

The latency spikes and the controller becomes mostly unresponsive at any distance beyond 7-9 feet, which is unfortunate, because my couch is just barely outside of this range and I purchased a DS4 controller in the first place so i could play pc games on my TV while sitting on the couch. 

Also, if there is ANYTHING between the controller and the dongle, the connection is almost completely destroyed. I can stand 1 foot away from my PC, put my hand between the dongle and the DS4, and the latency spikes to unusable levels. 

I thought my dongle was faulty, so I called Kinivo customer service and they immediately sent me a new one free of charge (which was awesome of them). However, both dongles perform identically, which is no where near the 30 foot range the dongle 'should' have. 

That, of course, makes me think that the DS4 controller itself is the issue. I've read stories from other people who say the DS4 has latency issues at 7-10 feet even when connected to a PS4. But then other people seem to get a signal from 20+ feet away through multiple walls. 

I'm hesitant to purchase another controller, and I'm not sure sony would refund me (the controller 'works' perfectly when it's in range or hooked up to USB, after all).

What would you guys do?

Quick edit: The latency/range issues also seem to be affected by the charge level of the controller. 100% is better than anything below 100%. However, overall it still performs badly at range, no matter what the charge level.
(08-23-2015, 02:53 PM)mc57127 Wrote: [ -> ]My only issue is the poor range/performance i'm getting while on bluetooth.
I don't have that specific adapter but I have noticed sometimes when I do a fresh BT pairing of the controller the latency would be unusually higher than the normal 1.2-1.5ms latency. Like above 10ms or something. I would sometimes just have to disconnect and reconnnect for it to be back to normal and problem would never reoccur. One occasion though on a different windows install I would get high latency all the time. I needed to either redo the pairing a few times or uninstall and reinstall the bluetooth driver for the latency problem to be fixed.

I'm pretty sure its a driver problem. If windows update installed the kinivo specific BT drivers. Uninstall it and use the default windows drivers instead. Vice versa if the problem is with the default windows driver... their website doesn't have win10 drivers but maybe the win8 one might work...
(08-23-2015, 03:56 PM)Vanquo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure its a driver problem. If windows update installed the kinivo specific BT drivers. Uninstall it and use the default windows drivers instead. Vice versa if the problem is with the default windows driver... their website doesn't have win10 drivers but maybe the win8 one might work...

I've tried the windows drivers as well as the kinivo specific drivers + software and the problem remains.

I have zero issues with pairing or high latency when the controller is in range. But once I take three steps away from my PC, the controller becomes essentially unusable. 

Super frustrating since my couch is 4 steps away. lol. 

My money is on the controller being the issue, especially when I think about the problems that others have had with the DS4 (both on PS4 and PC), as well as the fact that the range seems progressively worse at anything under 100% charge.

I feel like my only options here are to 1) take a chance on another DS4 controller, 2) buy a 10 foot usb cable, or 3) rearrange my living room.
(08-23-2015, 04:47 PM)mc57127 Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like my only options here are to 1) take a chance on another DS4 controller, 2) buy a 10 foot usb cable, or 3) rearrange my living room.
If Sony's warranty on their products is anything like logitech, corsair, or even like kinivo did for you, they should would send you a new one for free including shipping. I would test out their warranty service first. Tell them they did you wrong and demand a free replacement. Biggrin
(08-23-2015, 04:47 PM)mc57127 Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like my only options here are to 1) take a chance on another DS4 controller, 2) buy a 10 foot usb cable, or 3) rearrange my living room.

I have two Bluetooth adapters, and the performance varies widely. 

I have the Microsoft adapter that comes with their Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, which sits at a 6.5ms latency with a single controller when I'm two feet away, and spikes to 15ms per controller when I add a second one. Adding a second controller made it unusable for me if i got father than 5 feet away from the PC.

I also have a Cirago BTA-3210 Bluetooth 2.1 adapter which gives me 1.2ms latency for a single controller, and 2.8ms if I use two controllers. 

My TV is in a different room than my PC, and initially the latency spiked pretty quickly as distance increased. Then I ran a USB cable up from the PC so the adapter protrudes just above my monitor, and the latency doesn't really increase with distance any more. At 20' (direct line of site is through a wall) it still works pretty well, unless I completely block the signal with my body or the couch/chair. I've only been using the controller with this adapter for about 2 days, but it seems to be working well so far.

Both are using the default Microsoft Bluetooth stack.

Perhaps an extension cable to get the adapter in a better position, or a different Bluetooth adapter would work better for you?
Hello, I was wondering were there any plans to support the keypad on the PS4 for use on the PC?

I think it would make the DS4 an essential tool for any PC gamer/HTPC owner. Touchpad as the mouse, game controls, and a full keyboard, all in your hand.

Any plans on this? Anyone else think it'd be a great idea?
(08-23-2015, 07:18 PM)Vanquo Wrote: [ -> ]If Sony's warranty on their products is anything like logitech, corsair, or even like kinivo did for you, they should would send you a new one for free including shipping. I would test out their warranty service first. Tell them they did you wrong and demand a free replacement. Biggrin

I will definitely give it a shot nothing else works!  Laugh

(08-23-2015, 08:07 PM)sphere0boom Wrote: [ -> ]My TV is in a different room than my PC, and initially the latency spiked pretty quickly as distance increased. Then I ran a USB cable up from the PC so the adapter protrudes just above my monitor, and the latency doesn't really increase with distance any more. At 20' (direct line of site is through a wall) it still works pretty well, unless I completely block the signal with my body or the couch/chair. I've only been using the controller with this adapter for about 2 days, but it seems to be working well so far.

Both are using the default Microsoft Bluetooth stack.

Perhaps an extension cable to get the adapter in a better position, or a different Bluetooth adapter would work better for you?

That's good idea. I should try that. I have heard that elevation can make quite a difference. Currently it is only about 2.5 feet off the ground.