..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-23-2015, 08:22 PM)irrelevant_pelican Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I was wondering were there any plans to support the keypad on the PS4 for use on the PC?

I think it would make the DS4 an essential tool for any PC gamer/HTPC owner. Touchpad as the mouse, game controls, and a full keyboard, all in your hand.

Any plans on this? Anyone else think it'd be a great idea?

I don't know if the keypad will ever be supported, but in the meantime, try Controller Companion. It works fantastically well, and it's fully customizable.

http://controllercompanion.com/
I've looked it up and have tried using older versions of the program even, but I still can't get the thing to even launch. It worked fine initially but quickly after that it just crashes almost immediately after attempting to run it. Help?
Running on Windows 10 and the newest update the controller works fine for my steam games such as GTA except for the touch pad won't read. It works on the desktop, just not over the steam app or in-game. Space Engine has also stopped working completely with DS4 Windows with the new update and Windows 10. Any help appreciated.
I just downloaded the program, installed it, set up my controller and now i can't open the program is anyone else having this problem? I am running windows 8.1
Supposedly the new Windows 10 Build 10532 fixes the exclusivity problem.
I'm having trouble getting my controller connected. When I plug it in to USB I hear the chime and it pulses orange once. Nothing shows up in DS4 (controller list or log), and in Control Panel I see "Wireless Controller" catagorized as unspecified. I've tried uninstalling unused devices in Device Manager and reinstalling the DS4Windows drivers, but no dice. Any ideas?
I just started up my Windows 7 laptop for the first time in a while, and I can't get DS4Windows to run on it anymore. I've tried 1.4.261 and the most recent 1.4.27, and neither one of them will work anymore; they start for a brief instant in Task Manager, and then they just quit. I tried installing InputMapper, and that works without a problem, but I like DS4Windows much better. Any ideas?

EDIT: Okay, so, I went to the github releases page (https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/releases) and went WAY back to some old versions, and NONE of them run anymore. Is this some kind of a driver issue? I haven't used Windows 7 in a while, so I'm wondering if I need to find older drivers or something.
(08-30-2015, 10:56 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]I just started up my Windows 7 laptop for the first time in a while, and I can't get DS4Windows to run on it anymore.
Install .NET Framework v4.x maybe. Fresh install of Windows 7 has v3.5 by default. Windows 8/10 have v4.x but not v3.5/2.0 (optional). Download latest 4.6 from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48137
(08-30-2015, 11:46 PM)Vanquo Wrote: [ -> ]Install .NET Framework v4.x maybe. Fresh install of Windows 7 has v3.5 by default. Windows 8/10 have v4.x but not v3.5/2.0 (optional). Download latest 4.6 from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48137

I just tried to install 4.6, but it still won't launch. :/ I'm trying to do all this through a virtual PC environment right now to see if it's any different from the actual Windows 7 on my laptop, so I'll add that here soon.

(EDIT: Okay, the virtual thing didn't work at all. It just gave me an error and crashed DS4Windows.)
Definitely a problem with your PC configuration since I got multi-boot of Win7/8/10 and every version has worked. Maybe try disabling anti-virus software if you have one, disable firewall, and run as admin.

If all else fails then your options are as follows:
1. Keep using InputMapper since that works fine.
2. Wait for new version of DS4Windows that might fix your issue.
3. Make a backup image of your laptop drive and reformat and reinstall Windows 7.