..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hyerr, if you need to use that button at any other time, consider making it a shift modified button (e.g. make multitouch touchpad press a shift modifier, so you need to press that to make the guide button work), or if you don't use the button at all, simply unbind the Guide function from regular controls which you would have to do to perform the above anyway. There's a small chance it won't work if it's hard coded poorly by Steam, but it's worth a try anyway.

-------MORE ON TOPIC-------
On another, more general note, I want to point out that there could really be a better method of profile switching. The current method of switching profile within a profile is pretty broken - last time I tried it I didn't like swiping to switch, there are extremely limited options for customising how you switch, switching profile doesn't seem to completely switch profile, and when I tried to change to a different profile manually or set up a different profile switching function in a profile I had switched to (I didn't want all of my profiles to be selectable through that limited in-profile switching) the program crashed. It seems like it would have been more logical to just have it as its own standard function so people could choose how they do it, and not have them tied to another profile.

I'd also like to reiterate how much I'd like to see a sensitivity increaser to make the scale of tilt controls go from being 0 degrees to 45 degrees to being anything in between e.g. 0-1, 0-15, 0-22.5, etc., and unify how that works with the deadzone setter to make the usable scale between 5-15/etc. This same functionality would be great for the triggers for some users and games.

Aaand I'd also like to understand why I can't use a trigger as a toggle? It seems like it should be a basic supported feature.
Thanks a lot youturnjason and chroma. I didn't even noticed that was a hotkey even if i added some in the Special Actions menu.

Speaking of Special Actions and hotkeys, do you know the reason why those ones worked perfectly a few weeks ago on The Witcher 3 (i had 2 hotkeys that was working perfectly with the "Scan code" ticked) and after few patches, it doesn't work anymore ? I guess there is no way to fix it and it seems like an issue provided by the game itself but maybe there is something to do to enable it if hotkeys was working good previously.
I have DS4Windows, and it's awesome. But out of nowhere, my right analog stick screws up. I move it around (because GTA SA uses analog stick to move camera) and when I move the stick, it goes back to the original figure of the stick. Like the camera moves but comes back down or up. I don't know if the stick is TOO sensitive but I'm have this very annoying problem Sad

Thanks!
(09-17-2015, 11:07 AM)Hyyerr Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot youturnjason and chroma. I didn't even noticed that was a hotkey even if i added some in the Special Actions menu.

Speaking of Special Actions and hotkeys, do you know the reason why those ones worked perfectly a few weeks ago on The Witcher 3 (i had 2 hotkeys that was working perfectly with the "Scan code" ticked) and after few patches, it doesn't work anymore ? I guess there is no way to fix it and it seems like an issue provided by the game itself but maybe there is something to do to enable it if hotkeys was working good previously.

It could be the fact that they patched in proper DS4 support. That could be interfering with your hotkeys. Make sure you have Hide DS4 checked, and that you use the new experimental connect button in DS4w. You'll want to do that with Steam and anything that uses your controller closed, and you may also have to connect your controller twice if it doesn't work the first time.
Was having issues, think I've figured it out on my own though, can delete this
Suggestions:
Have DS4Windows create virtual keyboard/mouse that can be seen on Devices and Printers and the virtual keyboard/mouse will be controlled by the DS4 when keyboard/mouse inputs are mapped on the DS4.
This might guarantee DS4Windows keyboard/mouse control to work on all games.

Have DS4Windows create the XBox 360 Controller on the PC devices beforehand even when DS4 isn't connected yet.
By doing this, PC will always recognize XBox 360 Controller as the first controller connected to it and the games will recognize XBox 360 Controller instead of Wireless Controller.
Make it able to create up to four XBox 360 Controller so that in four player multiplayer games, Wireless Controller will be recognized as the 5th player and will not interfere.
Hey there i have a problem.... when i connect my controller it emulates a 360 one but i also adds a another controller called "wireless controller" anyidea how to prevent this from happening ? if i deactivate the wireless controller it also stops the 360 emulation.

The reason i need this to stop happening is because the wireless controller buttons are all messed up
https://i.gyazo.com/07668b59bf36eee31890...f2706f.png link to printscreen

Windows 10 ... and the problem is that if im not mistaken i don't have any kind of bluetooth device / driver on my desktop... i don't even see any option referring to it.
(09-23-2015, 10:38 AM)emilois Wrote: [ -> ]Have DS4Windows create the XBox 360 Controller on the PC devices beforehand even when DS4 isn't connected yet.
By doing this, PC will always recognize XBox 360 Controller as the first controller connected to it and the games will recognize XBox 360 Controller instead of Wireless Controller.
Make it able to create up to four XBox 360 Controller so that in four player multiplayer games, Wireless Controller will be recognized as the 5th player and will not interfere.
How exactly can i do that?~
(09-24-2015, 09:00 PM)born Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly can i do that?~

That was meant for the DS4Windows developer, not the users.
Although, if the developer applies this, you might get your problem fixed.
(09-24-2015, 04:22 PM)born Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there i have a problem.... when i connect my controller it emulates a 360 one but i also adds a another controller called "wireless controller" anyidea how to prevent this from happening ? if i deactivate the wireless controller it also stops the 360 emulation.

The reason i need this to stop happening is because the wireless controller buttons are all messed up
https://i.gyazo.com/07668b59bf36eee31890...f2706f.png link to printscreen

Windows 10 ... and the problem is that if im not mistaken i don't have any kind of bluetooth device / driver on my desktop... i don't even see any option referring to it.

1) DS4Windows > Settings > check Hide DS4 Controller
2) *If you're using Windows 10* Disconnect your controller and use the "Connect DS4 Exclusively" button in the Controllers tab in DS4Windows. You may have to do this twice. Also make sure you have Steam closed.